Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 19:19   #16
BHPian

congrats on the choice of i20 its a lovely looking car.
Old 14th May 2009, 10:10   #17
BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes.

Everybody please forgive me for not posting pictures. I plan to snap some this weekend & will post it next monday.

I can't express the difference between the M800 & i20. It definitely feels like a sedan. The stability & braking performance are miles ahead of the small M800. There is oodles of space inside & the glove box is very deep with provision for AC vent. The car is very wide, which I am getting used to slowly. I can't squeeze in tight spaces like how I could using my M800. The factory fitted audio system is very good (I am not an audiophile). The steering mounted audio controls help you a lot while driving. Now atleast my 4 year old daughter has her own seat in the rear with seat belt. In our M800, we were scared to put her behind, since she does not sit properly & whenever I had to brake suddenly, she would almost fall down & hence we always made her sit on my wife's lap in the front passenger seat.

I am yet find out regarding all the functions, going through the car manual for each & every features. Initially I was searching for a boot release near the driver's seat, but could not find one, then from the manual found out that by just unlocking the doors, the boot is also unlocked.

The nightmare, which I dreaded happened on Tuesday. In the evening, I parked my car at Sector 17, Vashi & when I returned after dinner at around 9:30PM, I found 4 to 5 scratches on the left rear door side. This was definitely caused by some bike fellows, who seems to have parked it near by. I & my wife were heart broken to see that. Luckily, next day, I took the car to the office workshop & they said that the scratches are minor & can be removed with polishing. I immediately asked them to polish the car & now my Berry Red i20 is back to how it looked when I took delivery. The charges I had to bear because of that insane bike fellow was Rs. 450/- (Rs. 150/- for a quick wash & Rs, 300/- for polishing).

The accessories that had been given free by the dealer are:
1. Mud flaps
2. Floor mats
3. Teflon coating with 1 year warranty
4. Anti Rust Coating with 3 years warranty

I am planning to put sunfilms before this weekend. I have decided on AIR75SR for the front windscreen & PP70SR for side & rear. I did not want to go for 50% visibility at side, since it hinders visibility during heavy rains & at night.

Till now, I have covered around 105kms. The odometer reading while filling the tank full after delivery was 105kms & now it shows 210kms. Since my daily running is very low, it will take some time for me to calculate the mileage.

Will keep you all updated.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:29   #18
BHPian

Dear all,

As per your request, I am attaching a snap taken on my mobile. Detailed photos will come later.
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded from M800 to i20-i201.jpg  

Old 14th May 2009, 15:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

WoW, the car looks amazing, nice color choice. RED is a color of Passion.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:55   #20
BHPian

i20 CRDI , where art thou? I've fallen in love with the color choices Hyundai offers.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:49   #21
BHPian

Little more details about the initial experience.
  • Steering is leather & feels very good. The steering is light at low speeds. I understand that it becomes heavy at high speed, which I am yet to feel as I have not driven in any highway.
  • ACC (Automatic Climate Control) cools well even during this peak summer. This is without any sunfilm.
  • Gear shift is very smooth & slots positively.
  • Acceleration is good, except in 2nd gear. In 2nd gear, the vehicle starts accelerating only after about 1800 to 2000rpm or so.
  • Electric ORVM closing is a boon for me as the gate to my car park is narrow, I can always close it & park my car, else it will definitely scratch. Only issue is both left & right ORVM's close together or open together, no separate operation possible.
  • Suspension is very good & it doesn't feel very hard or too soft.
  • Engine noise is very less inside the cabin. During idle you have to see the rpm to find out whether the engine is on or not.
  • It has a battery saver, wherein if you remove the key, the headlights / parking lights will switch off to save the battery. The cabin light goes off only when you lock the door. If you want the parking lights to be on even after removing the key, then you have to follow some procedure of opening the door, then switching on the parking lights & then removing the key (I don't exactly remember the order in which it has to be performed).
That is it for now, more will come later.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

nice car, writeup. car looks amazing in that pic, color suits her quite well.

Well, quite complicated procedures, some of them are quite good, esp the battery saver. My car had to be started with someone else battery several times as the battery died due to lights mistakenly kept on while parking in daytime.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:28   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
i20 CRDI , where art thou? I've fallen in love with the color choices Hyundai offers.
And thank god for that..
What with Mahindra offering some hideous colors for the Xylo..
Old 17th May 2009, 15:31   #24
BHPian

I have attached some photos.

Moderators: Can you please edit the title of this thread to Upgraded from M800 to i20 (Pictures on Page2)
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0127.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0135.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0132.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0128.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0139.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0125.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0124.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0141.jpg  

Upgraded from M800 to i20-img_0143.jpg  

Last edited by Bala_R : 17th May 2009 at 15:37.
Old 17th May 2009, 18:08   #25
BHPian

That is nice looking car there. I hope Hyundai provides ABS as optional in Magna [for city dwellers]

Have miles of safe journey.

Regards!
Old 17th May 2009, 18:20   #26
BHPian

I fall in love with the car everytime I see it, esp the interiors. The quality which hyundai provides in their plastic in hatchbacks is miles and miles ahead from Maruti.

Nice pictures Bala_R ! Again my mind is pushing me to go for this car, but would love to have this car with 1.4L engine. Many people find the car over-priced but I think its not as we are just comparing the car with feature lists only, we forget to include the built quality and the plastic quality.

Waiting for more reviews from you regarding fuel consumption.
Old 17th May 2009, 18:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

That is one fantastic looking car! i20 is really a huge hatch.
Congrats for your new car.
Old 17th May 2009, 19:30   #28
BHPian

Congrats!

Bala_R: Congrats on your purchase! A very wise decision to buy a large hatchback, especially without compromising on safety features.

Have you checked the FE so far? Also how easy do you find parking/reversing the car? How good is the rear visibility?
Old 17th May 2009, 20:46   #29
BHPian

Congrats Bala_R . Your car looks great in that colour.

safe driving

cheers
Old 18th May 2009, 10:17   #30
BHPian

Thank you all for your support & wishes.

I don't find much difficulty in parking or reversing, eventhough initially, I had a bit difficulty, since I was upgrading from an M800.

I haven't checked the mileage till now. I have run around 180kms till now from the moment, the tank was full. The needle is just above halfway mark. I will measure the FE after I run another 100kms, or so using the full tank method.

I was also a little bit put away by the 1.2l engine initially, but after the test drive & my ownership, I do not regret one bit. I am not the kind of guy, who want to just zoom ahead at a traffic light. The power is more than sufficient for city driving. I will not be able to comment on highway driving as I have driven this beauty on a highway yet.

Once again I thank team-bhp, for all the information that is made available, especially, the new car check list, the test drive & intial ownership experience, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks