Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 21:10   #46
BHPian

Stage 4: 1000km Feedback

Fuel - Regular diesel available across IOC pumps across the city. No additives

Fuel Efficieny:
1st time - 9.5kmpl - driving mostly in the neck to neck city traffic and travelling 60 kms daily between Delhi and Gurgaon (not using the expressway)

2nd time - 9.1kmpl - mostly city driving but pushed her on the Greater Noida expressway to 120kmph for a stretch of 40kms each way.

3rd time - 8.5kmpl - outstation trip, highway driving, bad roads between Delhi and Haridwar, 7 adults on board, some luggage. Total journey around 455kms

Experts please advise if this kind of fuel efficiency is expected on a new Scorpio.

Comfort - Ride is slightly bumpy on uneven roads but overall very comfortable. I was travelling with 3 senior citizens, wife and kids. Nonone complained of bad roads or a tiring ride on the outstation trip.

Boot - Luggage space is almost zero when you are using the last seat in the 8-STR model. That MUST be removed to make space for luggage. If you doubly fold the seat then middle row seats have to be moved a bit in front to accomodate it. That reduces the leg room for the middle row passengers.

Gear Lock - is giving a continuous chatter whenever the rpm crosses 1500. Have shown it to the workshop but they say they can do little about it. will bring it up again on first service.
Old 20th May 2009, 21:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanm View Post
Congratulation on owning this ... guess you will enjoy your ride more than ever.
First thing first get the default immobiliser code changed

Drive safe....
How do I change the immobiliser code? Is this something that I can do on my own or do I have to go to the dealer for this?
Old 21st May 2009, 09:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

congrats buddy. enjoy your ride, i am sure you will!
Old 21st May 2009, 09:29   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
How do I change the immobiliser code? Is this something that I can do on my own or do I have to go to the dealer for this?
You should have been given a supplementary manual that covers the operation of the immobiliser and alarm system. I was not given this booklet when i took delivery of my mHawk, but after 6 months I got a copy!

Here is a scan that tells you how to change the immobiliser code.
Attached Thumbnails
I have been 'm-Hawked'-mhawk.jpg  

Old 21st May 2009, 10:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.sw View Post
You should have been given a supplementary manual that covers the operation of the immobiliser and alarm system. I was not given this booklet when i took delivery of my mHawk, but after 6 months I got a copy!

Here is a scan that tells you how to change the immobiliser code.
Thanks John. I got the booklet after 2 weeks of taking the vehicle. I have tried the procedure upteen times but it has failed. I have even taken it to the service centre where even the service centre guy couldnt get it working. Should I log a call with Mahindra helpline for the same?
Old 21st May 2009, 10:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel Efficieny:
1st time - 9.5kmpl -
2nd time - 9.1kmpl -
3rd time - 8.5kmpl -
This seems to be on lower side, I am consistently getting in range of 11, the lowest I got was 10.X and the highest I got was 12.x, its almost 15K now and the fuel efficiency falls in this range, I am 90% time using AC. Better check with ASC and see what can be done.

-Pramod
Old 21st May 2009, 10:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
This seems to be on lower side, I am consistently getting in range of 11, the lowest I got was 10.X and the highest I got was 12.x, its almost 15K now and the fuel efficiency falls in this range, I am 90% time using AC. Better check with ASC and see what can be done.

-Pramod
Thanks Pramod. Is 11kmpl a mix of highway and city driving? I have the AC ON 100% of the time. Did your fuel efficiency improve after the first service? What was the rpm you are sticking to while shifting gears during the initial 5000kms of your vehicle?
Old 21st May 2009, 10:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle looks good in white color. Is Fog lamps standard in this model ? What are the accessories you have added ?
Old 21st May 2009, 10:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
The vehicle looks good in white color. Is Fog lamps standard in this model ? What are the accessories you have added ?
Fog lamps, ABS, Immobilizer, rear demister, side foot step, cladding and body coloured bumpers are standard in this variant. So is 60:40 adjustable middle row seats.

As accessories I have added a double-din ICE with 4 speakers, reverse parking camera with bluetooth enabled handsfree, bullguard (front & rear), seat covers, floor mats, sunfilm.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks John. I got the booklet after 2 weeks of taking the vehicle. I have tried the procedure upteen times but it has failed. I have even taken it to the service centre where even the service centre guy couldnt get it working. Should I log a call with Mahindra helpline for the same?
even when i tried, it failed. i got it done at the mahindra A.S.S.

Quote:
Thanks Pramod. Is 11kmpl a mix of highway and city driving? I have the AC ON 100% of the time. Did your fuel efficiency improve after the first service? What was the rpm you are sticking to while shifting gears during the initial 5000kms of your vehicle?
passionrider, i get the same average you quoted buddy, that is 9-10 kmpl, only in city driving with heavy traffic and 100% AC. and of course, heavy foot!

Quote:
fog lamps are standard.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, its mix of a city, highway and Jungle safari's , its almost same since I got the vehicle, I have got 12+ only once when I constrained myself not to go beyond 100 on highway, generally I change at 2.5+ RPM, the meaty part of the Scorpio starts from 1.8K RPM, so its best to change after 2K RPM, so that when you change the gear the fall in the RPM is still more than 1.8K , this will always keep you in "meaty zone", at least this is what I do

-Pramod
Old 21st May 2009, 12:49   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
even when i tried, it failed. i got it done at the mahindra A.S.S.

passionrider, i get the same average you quoted buddy, that is 9-10 kmpl, only in city driving with heavy traffic and 100% AC. and of course, heavy foot!

fog lamps are standard.
I will try another A.S.S to have my default immobilizer code changed.

Mumbai is more congested than Delhi so 9 to 10kmpl is more or less fine. I have stayed in Mumbai for 24 years so I know how bad the traffic can be at times. Do you get a higher figure when you are on the highways eg. Mumbai to Pune expressway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Yeah, its mix of a city, highway and Jungle safari's , its almost same since I got the vehicle, I have got 12+ only once when I constrained myself not to go beyond 100 on highway, generally I change at 2.5+ RPM, the meaty part of the Scorpio starts from 1.8K RPM, so its best to change after 2K RPM, so that when you change the gear the fall in the RPM is still more than 1.8K , this will always keep you in "meaty zone", at least this is what I do

-Pramod
Jungle safaris -interesting . Do you have a 4x4 to fulfil this feat?
I have been sticking to 2000 - 2500rpm for every gear change accompanied with slow release of clutch. Have touched a top speed of 125kmph on 3 to 4 occassions in the total 1100kms journey.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:05   #58
BHPian

4x4 is not essential, you have to be careful and need to make sure you don't stretch your 4x2 into 4x4 terrain, BTW I was and am looking for 4x4 in mHawk form!!

-Pramod
Old 21st May 2009, 14:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Is the number temporary ? If not, how much you paid for it? Nice number anyway.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Is the number temporary ? If not, how much you paid for it? Nice number anyway.
Yes offcourse it is a temporary number though I would have loved to have a single digit permanent number . Rather this is a Temporary Certificate which is used by dealers for transporting vehicles between their stockyard, workshop and showroom. I got my actual number & registration after a week of taking delivery. I can drive around Delhi with this number but going in NCR regions is not recommended as you get harrassed by cops looking to make a quick buck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks