Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 22:55   #16
jpm
BHPian

greenhorn,
Quote:
Try Iftex system D.
Should this be added along with the fuel everytime? Am a first time owner of Diesel. so expect such questions please. (believe me... My amby was a 1.8 petrol with a/c and No.. I am not Ambani's alter ego) Anyways, will have to wait till I get to chennai.

Quote:
try to keep revs within 2k .
you know how difficult that is with the TDi ))).

Quote:
hope you got the cheque for the insurance
forgot to mention. SBI gave me 3.35L. For the balance I made out a pay order in favour of SSB Motors. The SM asked me to deduct the insurance in that itself.
Old 15th May 2009, 23:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

yes. The bottle has a 10/ ml dispenser. Though the recommended dosage is 1 ml/Litre , i pour 10 ml per 500 bucks worth of diesel (~15 L)
Old 16th May 2009, 13:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Try Iftex system D. cheaper than premium diesel, and more effective on tata engines.
Should try it. All along I have been using premium diesel after switching over from normal. It was just a little costlier than normal when I swiched over.

Quote:
try to keep revs within 2k .
That is easy. The TDi can be easily driven keeping under the 2000RPM limit if needed. At 80Kph in fifth it just about goes past 2000RPM.

@jpm: With the TDi you can use premium diesels or as greenhorn suggests, the System D additive.

You can indulge in waking up the turbo once in a while!
Old 16th May 2009, 15:20   #19
BHPian

Indica vista is the king of cabin space amongst all hatches.

congrats for a nice scarlet.
Old 16th May 2009, 17:59   #20
jpm
BHPian

greenhorn,
shall get it first thing in chennai then.

trrk,
Quote:
The TDi can be easily driven keeping under the 2000RPM limit if needed.
thats true, yeah. but the real fun in tdi is only after 2000rpm. Anyways, today is the second day and I have already done some 130km. Plus, with the Chennai trip tomorrow, i expect to cross the restrictive running-in period quite soon.

Quote:
You can indulge in waking up the turbo once in a while!
that is going to happen for sure... especially on the Trichy-Chennai NH!
Old 16th May 2009, 18:20   #21
jpm
BHPian

loving_alaap,
thanks.

yes, space was the one single factor that speeded up my decision.

I tried swift, i10, i20, u-va, matiz and a-star. Only vista could seat me (6ft2) in the driver's seat and my brother(6ft) right behind me. The decision was almost made there in the TD.

Quote:
congrats for a nice scarlet.
she looks stunning in this color. But surprisingly, this gala red is considered to be slow moving by TATA for vista.
Old 16th May 2009, 19:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
trrk,
thats true, yeah. but the real fun in tdi is only after 2000rpm.
With a 70km speed limit in our state, I normally don't cross 2000RPM for my drives here. The turbo is definitely useful for overtaking in our undivided two lane highways and is used for that.

But the car is mostly used in our town, where getting into fourth itself is doubtful!
Old 16th May 2009, 20:38   #23
BHPian

congrats on your new car and enjoy it and drive safe. its such a lovely feeling driving a new car and it never dulls how many ever cars one buys.
Old 17th May 2009, 16:27   #24
jpm
BHPian

the highway drive was good. Not as noisy as i was expecting. A/C was good for the entire drive. Crossed 100kmph for several short stints. Overall very enjoyable.

trrk,
amen...

70kmph limit??? that must be painful..especially on those 2 lane highways.

btw, I had filled up my tank 2 days ago. Can i add the IFTEX-D now?
Old 17th May 2009, 16:28   #25
jpm
BHPian

pranava999,
yes. the smell of fresh plastic is the best odour of all. I have decided not to get any car fresheners at least till this lasts.

thanks.
Old 17th May 2009, 20:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
trrk,
amen...

70kmph limit??? that must be painful..especially on those 2 lane highways.

btw, I had filled up my tank 2 days ago. Can i add the IFTEX-D now?
I may be one of the rare fellows who tries to follow that speed limit on our roads. The infamous Government buses always go above their speed limit of 60kph, but then they are never fined.

I have never used the additive. But you can guess the amount of fuel that is remaining and add the appropriate quantity. Better done while filling as it would ensure better mixing.

My opinion only.

Many people have mentioned about poor AC performance, but you seem to be happy.

Last edited by trrk : 17th May 2009 at 20:45.
Old 18th May 2009, 07:00   #27
jpm
BHPian

trrk,
seems logical. shall wait for the next refill.

People have said the v2's a/c is much better, but My benchmark is my ikon's ac. So in comparison, not bad at all. Especially considering the sweltering heat and that the car had no sunfilm yet.
-------------------
Planning to go to Haute Car Zone at OMR in Chennai today to shop and if possible fit horn, ICE and sunfilm.
Old 18th May 2009, 07:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

I'm not qualified to give out this advice, and there is no sound technical reason for the advice, but I'd wait until the running in is over to try the system D
Old 18th May 2009, 19:07   #29
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not qualified to give out this advice, and there is no sound technical reason for the advice, but I'd wait until the running in is over to try the system D
-----------------------------------------------------------

yes.. shall do that.

Went to Haute Car Zone in OMR, Chennai.

Horn - something called Skoda Horn - 1350Rs including installation w 2-way switch

SunFilm- Llumar AIR75 Front - 6500INR; Steel 35 for sides/rear - 4000INR
10500INR totally. Maybe discount of 1k. Not sure if I want film for so much.

So wanted to check out 3M. Managed to Call 3M (somewhere near SIET College, got the number from a post in t-bhp forum). They quoted 3300 for RE70, 3900 for RE50.

3M seems to fit my budget but are the Llumars really worth the extra 2 grand?

I initially had a total budget of about 6-7K for all including front windshield. dont want to revise it too much.

Audiosystem: In dilemma on whether to go for the MDF board +6x9s in the rear and sacrifice whatever little boot space there is... OR go for 4in (Haute guys swore that only 4in speakers can be fitted on the Vista) with a Pioneer 2190UB - 7990 c B&W and 4 in speakers for 1200INR or so a pair.

will be glad if Anyone with bigger speakers (not on MDF board) on a Vista can guide me on this.

Should get the regulation-issue number plates by 8pm today(Rs. 600) from Nachiappa's, Opp. Corporation ground, Mandaveli, Chennai.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:53   #30
jpm
BHPian

SUNFILM: Today got Sun Film installed. The brand is Solar Gard, installed by Xenos Galleria, Anna Salai, Chennai.

Got HP Quantum 38 for Sides+Rears (i know its isnt street legal, but considering the sun in chennai, no other choice within my budget)

For the windshield, went for Sterling 70 of the same Solar Gard.

All scratch resistant and 5 years warranty.

Was quoted 8000INR. Finally settled for 7500INR+car perfume.

Installation took 4 hours. There are small bubbles/spots in several places but I was assured that these will go away in a day or two. I was told not to roll down windows for 2 -3 days.
---------------------------------------------------------
ICE: The same Xenos people are official delaers for Delphi Grundig HUs and they apparently make speakers too under their own Xenos brand.

Was quoted Delphi Grundig Mp3/USB (Rear)/SD x330SD Headunit for Rs. 6990. Offer is 4in speakers free alongwith installation with wire harnesses etc etc and a 2GB USB drive.

The xenos guys promised me that 5 1/4 speakers can be installed with some modifications and with no damage to original door fascia.

Option A) A Xenos 5.25in component speakers+5.25in coaxials for rear (price adjusted after deducting the free 4in speakers)+HU = 10500INR.

Option B) A Delphi Grundig Bluetooth enabled HU with USB/MP3+similar speakers = 13500INR. (HU alone 9000INR)

Option C) Grundig x330SD HU + I get different speakers from somewhere else and give to Xenos for installation. have to work out the details still.

Option D) Drop this xenos ICE idea altogether and get some other branded HU+speakers

I am thinking of going with Option C or D. Shall check out Neotone, Car-o-drome and Radio Warehouse tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks