Team-BHP - Black Beast - My new Mahindra Scorpio MHawk SLE
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Black Beast - My new Mahindra Scorpio MHawk SLE (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/58662-black-beast-my-new-mahindra-scorpio-mhawk-sle.html)

Got my new Scorpio SLE 8 seater - Black on Tuesday.
Search for new vehicle started sometime in the middle of last year after our reliable Santro started feeling smaller and smaller for our ever increasing out station trips and needs of a growing family. Finally sold it last week for a good price after 3.5 years and 57K on odo.

So far Mhawk experience has been great. Big beast is pretty easy to drive in traffic. Never felt like diesel as far as drive is concerned .

+ves :
Easy to drive in traffic even with huge dimensions
Great pickup
Head turner..wherever I go.

-Ves :
Feels noisy inside compared to petrol.
Unnerving shudder while switching the engine off. (Is this normal?)

Will write a detailed review once i finish my weekend trip to Mysore.

Find below some pics.

Ross: very nice and congrats on your new vehicle!
looks very nice and special scorp SLEs are pounding the forum and the field, looks like!

looking forward a detailed dealer experience and your ownership and driving experiences in more detailes.

Ross hearty congratulations on buying the new beast and adding one to the teambhpians family. Great to look at- mean your colour choice.Do post more and more pictures of its interiors.
Also feel you are lucky to be within the M&M rockin' customers list, as the strike at M&M , Nashik plant has made life difficult for the many wait listed buyers.
The unnerving "shuddderrrr" you talk about is pretty normal at least for the mHawk, as mine is shuddering from day one. The gear lever rocks once the ignition switch is put off.

Excellent choice mate. congratulations. Please do post about your driving experiences.

Also can someone tell me if its a matter of different models which have the same colored claddings or is it that someowners get them painted to the same color? I mean I have seen some black Scorpios with black claddings unlike in the above pictures.

<edit> hey what happened to those stickers that they are putting on to the new scorpios? you got them removed? </edit>

congrats ross! she looks sweet in black. do post some pics of the interiors and engine bay. drive safe!

Congrats on the new purchase Ross!

At one time when there was no concept of an SUV in India; people used to stay away from buying them. Such huge vehicles were left for government and similar purposes driven for site engineers, execs, etc., by drivers.

Obviously the whole scenario has changed now. SUV concept is flourishing not only from affording and buying perspective, but people are rather really taking these vehicles to task by going off roading, etc.

If only they bring four- or all-wheel drive to station wagons, I will be the king of the road :)

Enjoy your SUV the way it must be.

WOW, it sure is raining scorps here. congrats ross & welcome to the scorpio experience.Is yours the purple combo or the black one?

Any ideas about upgrading to alloy wheels and wider rubber?:)

Congrats on your Purchase mate ! It looks like it is raining Scorpio's over here in the forum!

Nice to see another Scorp join us! Congrats Ross - have fun with the beast :)

Awesome! But I just think the Silver cladding could have been made black. Do see if you can have them painted like someone suggested.

Change your immobilizer code pronto!

Congrats. Another Scorp on TBHP. The count is increasing rapidly. Cheers on a wise decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1304470)
Awesome! But I just think the Silver cladding could have been made black. Do see if you can have them painted like someone suggested.

Change your immobilizer code pronto!

Hey any idea whether the immobilser is there on the Bolero or not as mine came with a key less entry.

Another one! People are really buying now-a-days!

Now, where is that person who was talking about recession and all that???

Congrats Ross on the buy! And a blackie! My fav color. I am sure you will have a hand-full in keeping it clean.

Immobilizer code - top priority.
Gear lock - second top priority!

With elections around, Scorps are feeling the heat!

And have a safe and wonderful first-trip with your new ride! :)

Thanks every body for your best wishes..

@Anjan_c - Thanks for letting me know on the "shudderrrr". it is getting pretty irritating now..

@Takumi san - New Black Scorpio comes only with Silver claddings. Mine is a SLE model which does not come with decal stickers.

@badboyscad - It is black. Purple is available only for VLX models. I am keeping it stock as of now.

@Redliner - Thanks a lot for your detailed reviews..helped me a lot in making my mind up. I like black and silver combo so no plans to get the claddings painted. I got the nippon manual yesterday from Sireesh Auto and will try to change the immobilizer code myself today.

Will post the interior pics/dealer experience this weekend.

Congrats Ross! Take special care of the black color. I have seen some scrops which don't look good once the paint has faded.