Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 11:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can you also post picture of the rear bumper to see how they have placed the sensors and any luck on its OEM.
have a look at post #11, 4th pic.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:29   #32
BHPian

Congrats Buddy. You have made a very good choice. The colour combo is brilliant and GX variant has been a massive hit since launch and I must agree is a better VFM than my VX.

Enjoy the ride, you might no want to ever return home!
Old 16th May 2009, 11:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
have a look at post #11, 4th pic.
Thanks for pointing out, somehow all the pictures were not loading up earlier and I had missed them. they have only 2 pods.

Umang can you do a test for me, put your safari in reverse gear but dont move and ask your son to walk straight line behind the rear bumper from left to right at a distance of apprx 1ft away from the rear spare wheel, parallel and when walking in a line, start at 1ft before the outside left corner of the bumper and end at 1ft after on the other end.

Do the sensor pick up this movement all along ??.

Also noticed now the rear spare wheel cover also in the same colour combination.

Last edited by dadu : 16th May 2009 at 11:44.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Can you also post picture of the rear bumper to see how they have placed the sensors and any luck on its OEM.

The combo seats look good, so does the reverse parking indicators on the IRVM.
Will try and post a more detailed picture of the sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Very nice color combo. Looks really refreshing.
Congrats on your stonking new ride.
thanks jay, your posts were something that made me decide in favour of the safari in the 1st place

Quote:
Umang can you do a test for me, put your safari in reverse gear but dont move and ask your son to walk straight line behind the rear bumper from left to right at a distance of apprx 1ft away from the rear spare wheel, parallel and when walking in a line, start at 1ft before the outside left corner of the bumper and end at 1ft after on the other end.
Do the sensor pick up this movement all along ??.
combination.
Coincidently I did this test on day one itself and here is what i found out
1. Usually it did pick up an object
2. Sometime, when it did not (that is it lost tract of an object/me), it would not detect an object again till the vechile was moved a little or reverse gear was dis-engaged and re-engaged.
I am not sure if this is normal and have been meaning to ask other safari owners about it.
Any similar views / observations ?
Old 16th May 2009, 14:09   #35
BHPian

Congrats man, nice colour combo, been waiting to see this combination, now i want to have the bumpers on my cycus grey lx painted the same, have been tempted since before the launch of the GX, just wasn't sure how it would have looked, damn sexy in my opinion.

Enjoy making your own road.....

cheers,

Stefan
Old 16th May 2009, 15:15   #36
BHPian

Congrats!

in Ahmadabad there are lots of safari fans, and here is another one.

IMO it definitely looks better even compare to expensive SUVs.
Old 16th May 2009, 15:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Congrats man, nice colour combo, been waiting to see this combination, now i want to have the bumpers on my cycus grey lx painted the same, have been tempted since before the launch of the GX, just wasn't sure how it would have looked, damn sexy in my opinion.
Stefan
Thanks Stefan, now you know exactly how it will look

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Congrats!

in Ahmadabad there are lots of safari fans, and here is another one.

IMO it definitely looks better even compare to expensive SUVs.
Thanks. Would love to meet the other Safari lovers and get some tips from them.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:14   #38
BHPian

congrats. umang. nice choice of colour. You bought you car from Swati AutoLink ? Nr Gujarat College ?
It's high time now that we ahmedabadi should have Meet now. I see lots of active members from ahmedabad.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:45   #39
BHPian

Congratualtions UMANG for the change in your life!

I still remember seeing mine for the first time parked at the dealers entrance when I went there to pick it up, feeling was awesome and the first signal I stopped at and the way traffic around you feels its presence is sensational.

Hit the highway and check it out for a bit as that is where the 2.2 VTT beast shows its true character. That turbo kick in the 5th is worth every penny spent.

This is the first post after ages on the Team and I couldnt hold myself back from wishing you on your amazing purchase of this amazing life changing catalyst called the "Safari".

Mine is almost 1.6 years old this month with new set of Alloys from Bombay and many many journeys to talk about however have not gotten to narrate any of these due to work pressures. Just to give you the latest did a Mahabaleshwar - Pune (aaprox 120 Km) run in 1hr 35 Mins last week a couple of Goa runs since last posting.

Also the latest best fuel for the Beast is Shell Normal Diesel, the engine has started singing with this fuel.

Anyways, I dont want to start narrating it all here and rob any of your lime light!!

Once again wishing you all the best, please drive safely and responsibly.

Cheers!

JUDA
Old 20th May 2009, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

An eclectic choice of cars you have.
Have fun with your Safari.
All the best
Old 20th May 2009, 21:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
congrats. umang. nice choice of colour. You bought you car from Swati AutoLink ? Nr Gujarat College ?
It's high time now that we ahmedabadi should have Meet now. I see lots of active members from ahmedabad.
thanks, got this one from their chandkheda branch and yeah it would be great to meet up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Hit the highway and check it out for a bit as that is where the 2.2 VTT beast shows its true character. That turbo kick in the 5th is worth every penny spent.

Also the latest best fuel for the Beast is Shell Normal Diesel, the engine has started singing with this fuel.

Anyways, I dont want to start narrating it all here and rob any of your lime light!!

Once again wishing you all the best, please drive safely and responsibly.

Cheers!

JUDA
thanks Juda, don't worry about stealing the limelight, it is always a pleasure to hear from other safari owners. Also thank, I will make it a point to use normal diesel and System-D every now and then (i gather that this is the best combination)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
An eclectic choice of cars you have.
Have fun with your Safari.
All the best
Thanks
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Umang now that you have joined the Tata Safari team, please post your King picture in this thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1314267

Here on this thread you can find all the Safari's which are in T-BHP
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:07   #43
BHPian

Hey Umang, Congrats on your lovely safari. I saw the same color GX recently and looks very cool.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Umang now that you have joined the Tata Safari team, please post your King picture in this thread -
Sure will do that, have seen the thread and there are some awesome pics there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Hey Umang, Congrats on your lovely safari. I saw the same color GX recently and looks very cool.
Thanks
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:29   #45
BHPian

there are lot of pearl white safaris here in abad. but i think people who own them are not that net savy or they dont know about team-bhp. anyways you guys should meet!

and yeah congratulations on your ride!. its very comfortable in dusty hot abad. you need the chill from the roof mounted AC.

what do they mean when they say leather and fabric combo?? plz explain

Last edited by Caramelo : 23rd May 2009 at 20:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks