Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 03:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen

HI All,
I am not a very car person but I have always loved the ZEN, this has been a fav car at home though as we never felt t he need of a car (My home town bathinda is very small) and we had access to dad's office car. We bought out first car in 1998 that was a maruti 800. My dad recently started to drive in 2005. So that was when the ZEN went out of the production. My mum loves ZEN we wanted to buy one brand new but dad had to know how to drive it around. Any ways that’s a long story.
Recently after looking around for a ZEN all around Punjab and being quoted dumb and stupid money. I settled down for a DL registered 2002 ZEN LXi. This car had 52000 KM on the console. Had clean interiors, clean under body, though the Bonnet and the front windscreen seemed to be changed. To be true with you I did not mind it as long as the work on the car was done fine and till the time it drove fine. I kept the car with me for two days before going in for it. The car drove well and after all after two months of looking around here and there I had a car that was going to fit my tight budget I was all set to pay for it.
I went and paid 150000 and I was owner of my dream small car.
The first thing that I did not like about the car was the tires they were the typical MRF's and the ride was bumpy with the tires. I am not sure why the tires were 12".

The power windows were bit cranky the passenger side would open sometimes from the main unit sometimes it would not.
The horn was the original that is something that I don’t like.
So I had a small list

1- Tires had to be changed.
2- If possible set of alloys would look nice as well
3- See if I can move to 13" and bit broader footwear.
4- Full service all oils and filters to be changed.
5- Powerful horns.

And a little bit here and there.
So the first thing that was done was a full service. That included the engine oil, gear oil, coolant change and the injectors and the throttle body cleaning. The car was already running better than what it was.
The tires were yet to be changed that I did a trip from Delhi to bathinda, just to get the feel of the car. The ride was bit bumpy even after getting the wheel balancing and alignment being done. So when in bathinda I got the tires and the wheels changed and I had a set of brand new wheels 13" and 155-65-13 Apollo acceleres. (We have them in our wagon r and kind of like the feel.)
I had an older pioneer head unit lying around at my home also showed that into the car. The car had music now that was playing off a CD or a USB. Instead of that dumb Sony explode that was not even playing the tapes.
The next thing that was done was set of front components. Got bulls 6" they sounded good
The car has done almost 69000 km now that means since Feb. start till now that means I have done 17000 Km in almost 3.5 months.
The car is running good. I kind of like ripping it gives me 19 Km/l with ac when no redlining and sane driving on the highway at around 100 Kmph.
The car has seen a front suspension overhaul.
I hope my relation goes stronger with my Zen just like it is with the Yamaha.
Would update the thread with the photos.

Thanks
Desi
Old 16th May 2009, 08:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
HI All,
I am not a very car person but I have always loved the ZEN, this has been a fav car at home
It is a nice car. I too own one. So I can understand the feeling. And it seems you are loving every bit of it. Those tyre profiles are very much encourged by experts on this forum, so you got those right. About doing 17K kms in no time...hmm..this calls for travelouges.
There is a also a thread dedicated to Zen Modification, would want to check that out as well.

Enjoy your ride bro! Happy motoring.
Old 16th May 2009, 10:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for liking the writeup Praveen. the 17K km's are not senic at all they are all trips down to bathinda from delhi and fro.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Clicked some pics of my ZEN so posting them here...
Attached Thumbnails
My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6936.jpg  

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6938.jpg  

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6939.jpg  

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6940.jpg  

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6941.jpg  

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6945.jpg  

My Little Monster Maruti Suzuki Zen-resize-_mg_6947.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks