Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 13:55   #16
BHPian

By the way I am planning to have 34 PSI at front and 31 at the rear. Is it correct?

Pls let me know. I remember reading this in some thread but now I am not able to recollect the thread name.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 17th May 2009, 14:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
By the way I am planning to have 34 PSI at front and 31 at the rear. Is it correct?

Pls let me know. I remember reading this in some thread but now I am not able to recollect the thread name.

Regards,
Sathya
It should be 33 in Front and 30 in Rear.
for highway with load use 33 in both front and rear.

Sathya,

are you from Tirunelveli.Me too from the same city and had a long trip to TVL in Linea.
Check my Thread

Last edited by aks_karthik : 17th May 2009 at 14:46.
Old 17th May 2009, 22:23   #18
BHPian

The pictures look great. A few pictures of the interiors would be appreciated. And thanks for the information about the service centers. Are the engineers at the Ambattur facility experienced enough to handle FIAT's cars? We are planning to re-paint our Palio, that's why. More over, it's green coloured, I hope that the paint is still in stock, as I guess the new Stile doesn't come in that colour.
Old 17th May 2009, 22:43   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
We are planning to re-paint our Palio, that's why. More over, it's green coloured, I hope that the paint is still in stock, as I guess the new Stile doesn't come in that colour.
Always recommended to go to a professional paint shop for automotive repaints. They're less expensive than an A.S.S. and the quality is top-notch.
Old 18th May 2009, 00:11   #20
BHPian

Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 18th May 2009, 06:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

They are equipped

Quote:
Are the engineers at the Ambattur facility experienced enough to handle FIAT's cars?
Yes. I had a freak collision with a maniac cyclist and my front bumper got a deep scratch. They have done the job professionally and it now looks as good as new. They also have a hot oven ( thermal zone) in which they paint the cars to get perfect result.
Old 18th May 2009, 09:20   #22
BHPian

I guess Ambattur Concorde is the best TATA a** for FIAT in Chennai. I have been there multiple times and I see equal number of FIAT cars as TATA cars being serviced.Their showroom does not even display a TATA car. It displays two Lineas.
Old 18th May 2009, 11:57   #23
BHPian

Congrats Satya! A gorgeous Italian beauty. Do you feel it under powered any time during drives? And let me know about the Ground clearance ? Will it touch the road with full load (5 people + luggage) ?
Old 18th May 2009, 12:54   #24
BHPian

Yes, a proud owner, like many of BHPans.

Congrats.

Pics are really great (especially the first one).
Old 18th May 2009, 14:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Congrats Satya! A gorgeous Italian beauty. Do you feel it under powered any time during drives? And let me know about the Ground clearance ? Will it touch the road with full load (5 people + luggage) ?
Reg. underpower: for me, after driving a swift, I had my own fear of Linea being terribly underpowered. But to my surprise, I am not feeling the same at all now.... Yes, you cannot drag Linea with a Verna or a City or for the fact a swift. But slot her in 3rd and press the metal.. it will pull you like a huge automotive...Autocar says that it can do 20-80 in 3rd in 11.86 secs (against ANHC which is 12.86, Swift which is 15.82 and Verna which is 12.52 secs).. I can feel it even though I have not checked it. In short, I am not feeling underpowered even with 5 people on board.

GC is definitely an issues even with only me in the car.. But changing the driving habits helps (coming to a dead stop and then taking over humps/potholes). I am still getting used to it buddy. Hope I master it.

On a whole I am 100% satisfied with my buy. Happy motoring!

Regards,
Sathya

Today was the first day I took my beauty to my office. Mine is the only Linea in the entire parking lot.. Truely "Admiration Guaranteed".

In b2b traffic from my house to office.. the mileage indicator (Avg consumption) was showing 14.2KM/l..

I am planning for a 350km ride this weekend.. I will post my exp. after my trip...

Regards,
Sathya

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th May 2009 at 14:37. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 18th May 2009, 14:44   #26
BHPian

The Linea is adequately powered in my opinion. People are not going to go ripping at 150 km/hr daily. The power delivery at reasonable speeds (60-120 km/hr) is what matters, and the Linea does the job really well. After all, that's what you want from a good family sedan : The ability to pull itself well in bumper to bumper traffic in cities, and the ability to reach speeds of 120-130 km/hr comfortably on the highways.
Old 18th May 2009, 15:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Linea is adequately powered in my opinion. People are not going to go ripping at 150 km/hr daily. The power delivery at reasonable speeds (60-120 km/hr) is what matters, and the Linea does the job really well. After all, that's what you want from a good family sedan : The ability to pull itself well in bumper to bumper traffic in cities, and the ability to reach speeds of 120-130 km/hr comfortably on the highways.
You stole the words from my mouth mate!!
I didnt want to reply to the question at the first outset as i wanted satya to answer this one. i know that this question repeatedly comes up. Underpowered is a subjective opinion. Linea does what it is expected to do and much more. For those who do a routine 170kmph daily it is not the car. I think 90% of the people who rides cars will not fall under this category. And linea is a great choice for this 90%. Leave the 10% alone. It is more of a family sedan close to heart which deserves a pat and caress.

Last edited by geeash : 18th May 2009 at 15:42. Reason: typo
Old 18th May 2009, 16:01   #28
BHPian

I would want some inputs. I am not sure whether I am making a mistake.

I crank the engine immediately after turning the key to "ON" position. Is this habit right? or should I wait for some seconds before I crank the engine. May be after some of the lights in the console (esp the triangle light at the top) goes off.

Would be great if someone can clarify.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 18th May 2009, 16:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Power is not required to do 150kmph or 0-100 runs every time. Say you are coming up at a traffic light and it's about to go red. You tap the gas pedal and a powerful car surges ahead crossing the lights before they go amber or red. That's what I look for. The best example is on our dual lane highways when you want to quickly overtake a truck with one barelling towards you from the opposite side. Is the Linea adequate in these situations?
Old 18th May 2009, 16:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sathya, Congratulations Satya on the new FIAT Linea.
post your long drive experience
thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks