Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2009, 14:28   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
wonderful pics there satya.

What was rpm at 175?
I have a linea petrol and I can't tolerate the engine groan after 4000rpm :(
Karthik/Neotraveller, I didnt notice my RPM meter exactly (my full focus was on the road).. But my friend who accompanied me during the trip says that it was 4700+ or so.. By the way he only took the photograph of the speedo.. He was simply amazed and is a prospective GP buyer.. He is very impressed with FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
In Diesel,It roars after 3000 rpm itself.
It's very sporty to hear that sound(Subjective).
100 % in sink with you... Love hearing the roar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Sathya, stunning pics! Just curious, did your kid get car sick while going uphill or during high speed bends?
Nope my kid was asleep most of the time.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 1st June 2009, 15:16   #77
BHPian

8 out of 15 threads are related to Linea

8 out of 15 threads here appearing at the front are about Lineas (in test drive and initial reviews).. I guess most of the action happens in the Linea forums and I am sure that they are all positive...

Great to see this.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 1st June 2009, 15:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
8 out of 15 threads here appearing at the front are about Lineas (in test drive and initial reviews).. I guess most of the action happens in the Linea forums and I am sure that they are all positive...

Great to see this.

Regards,
Sathya
yep Linea owners/enthusiast are active like their cars.
Old 1st June 2009, 15:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-->"A Xylo would put Linea to dust", -- Linea MJD would eat it for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.. What else?

-->"Linea would appear as a dot in Fiesta 1.6's/Honda City's rear view mirror" - Haha... should have seen Fiesta 1.6, OHC and ANHC getting awestruck in the highway.. They tried to catch up with me but was not able to since I was able to put the car in steep bends at speeds more than 140-150km/hr and they had to slow down. SX4 was not able to take me even in the straight line. Actually I saw them as a dot in my rear view mirror!

-->"Extremely underpowered car" - I dont have to speak any more. This statement is all time "invalid"

-->"A verna would eat linea for lunch by all means" - Linea can join verna for lunch.. If the roads are with some bends, the verna would bend on its knees before Linea!
Beautifully portrayed with right choice of words.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:20   #80
SSN
BHPian

Great post Sathya. I totally agree with what you had to say about the speed and handling of the Linea. Had similar experiences while overtaking on my two trips to Shirdi. Had done a top speed of 170 km/h before i ran out of road. And the pics really talk .
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Pics are great man!!

By the by are these the same mudflaps i have put?. Did ypu get it from concorde.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:30   #82
BANNED

Sathya

also let us know how mudflaps are fitted? did they drill holes into the body?

pls post some close-up pics of mudflaps also
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:39   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Sathya

also let us know how mudflaps are fitted? did they drill holes into the body?

pls post some close-up pics of mudflaps also
Yes Vahanpujari, They were fitted by drilling on the body of the car. They have Linea printed on them. I will post the pics soon!

Geeash.. Yes they are the same.

SSN... Yes.. This is one mean machine which comes with a combination of good top end which is greatly supported by its handling and ride.

There is no point to drive a car at 170 or 180km/hr when the car does not inspire confidence in you to do those speeds (Do we enjoy driving at 180 when the car feels like floating and vibrations all over the car? Atleast from my side.. a BIG NO NO).

High speed should always be supported by great handling which Linea offers in plenty. All round, its a fantastic package offering great handling, fantastic ride, good top end speed and amazing fuel efficiency! What else do we need?

Lets enjoy every minute we spend in our Lineas!

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 2nd June 2009 at 10:49.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:01   #84
BHPian

Fantastic pictures. Your car looks more beautiful than ever before. How is the AC in hot Tamilnadu climate? Do you feel it is effective and i am particularly interested to know about the Rear AC of Linea. Does it add any value to the rear seat passengers'?
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:00   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Fantastic pictures. Your car looks more beautiful than ever before. How is the AC in hot Tamilnadu climate? Do you feel it is effective and i am particularly interested to know about the Rear AC of Linea. Does it add any value to the rear seat passengers'?
AC is good. I am not able to feel any difference after driving my Swift (may be little better than Swift). I own a Dynamic Linea which does not have Rear AC vents as Emotion. Someone who owns a Linea Emotion should help.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:43   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AC is good. I am not able to feel any difference after driving my Swift (may be little better than Swift). I own a Dynamic Linea which does not have Rear AC vents as Emotion. Someone who owns a Linea Emotion should help.

Regards,
Sathya
Obviously it's a boon for rear passengers.
My Parents who were sitting in my car during my native trip told it's very nice to have a vent here in the rear and they never felt fatigued.
Even CIVIC doesn't have a vent in the rear.
It cools the cabin very fast.even there is a vents in foot level too.
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:46   #87
BHPian

City Mileage figures..

My Linea MJD has started to settle down to give me 14.2-14.7km/l in city (B2B traffic.)..

By the way, I have planned 1500-1600km round trip to Tirunelveli this week-end. This time, I am not going push the car to its limits since I have already done it twice and have achieved 175-180km/hr as the top whack (You can see the pics at 5th page).

This time my beauty would emerge as a "MILEAGE CHAMPION". Will post feedback after I come back on 10th June.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:55   #88
BHPian

Good. Try the different test this time.
I think Opendro extracted > 20kmpl on his Linea mileage tests.

I haven't gone on long drives still :(
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Guys..

-->"A Xylo would put Linea to dust", -- Linea MJD would eat it for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.. What else?

-->"Linea would appear as a dot in Fiesta 1.6's/Honda City's rear view mirror" - Haha... should have seen Fiesta 1.6, OHC and ANHC getting awestruck in the highway.. They tried to catch up with me but was not able to since I was able to put the car in steep bends at speeds more than 140-150km/hr and they had to slow down. SX4 was not able to take me even in the straight line. Actually I saw them as a dot in my rear view mirror!

-->"A verna would eat linea for lunch by all means" - Linea can join verna for lunch.. If the roads are with some bends, the verna would bend on its knees before Linea!

Excellent comment on Xylon / Verna. Awesome photos with the greenery in the background. I will have to take some pictures like these for my vocal white when I get home. Excellent review sathya, keep coming...
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:23   #90
BHPian

I guess 8 out of 15 is great and does speak volumes of how excited we Linea owners are about the car.The car is truly wonderful and has set the bar for VFM, style and handling in the segment. It is indeed an exciting car when it comes to handling. Itching to take her out this weekend friend or no friend for company as the missus will be at her moms .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks