Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 08:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post

Dad is never in favor of Remote locking. Lets see i will try & convince him!
Hain!!?? Why is this so ? Is there any specific reason or more of a personal choice?
Old 19th May 2009, 08:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hain!!?? Why is this so ? Is there any specific reason or more of a personal choice?
Some old notions to be precise. Actually, in one of our old cars the warranty lapsed due to the idiotic work of the person who installed the remote locking system. So, that's the primary reason!
Old 19th May 2009, 08:52   #18
BHPian

varun.ppl: Congrats on your new car. Drive safe and have fun with her! Hyundai is real value for money. Hyundai's interiors (especially the materials used) really give a upmarket car feeling something which i'm just unable to digest with my Maruti Dzire or any Maruti for that matter. Just my two cents!

Faced the same problem as you with regards to the remote locking. So i know what the predicament feels like! Was NEVER taken very well at my place either. So none of our cars were fitted with it. But the folks just had to accept it when it came to the Dzire and will have to hopefully from now on

regards
Smooth Sailing
Old 19th May 2009, 09:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
varun.ppl: Congrats on your new car. Drive safe and have fun with her! Hyundai is real value for money. Hyundai's interiors (especially the materials used) really give a upmarket car feeling something which i'm just unable to digest with my Maruti Dzire or any Maruti for that matter. Just my two cents!
Yes, i do feel the same, but can't say that about the Ritz. It has good interiors atleast better than most of the other Maruti products. But, the Maruti melodrama of pre-booking & waiting is unbearable. So, shifted to Hyundai as hyundai's service is also good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
Faced the same problem as you with regards to the remote locking. So i know what the predicament feels like! Was NEVER taken very well at my place either. So none of our cars were fitted with it. But the folks just had to accept it when it came to the Dzire and will have to hopefully from now on

regards
Smooth Sailing
Lets hope for the best. I know its an important feature!

OT: i20 is a great car. I guess it would prove to be a better choice than GP. Rest after GP arrives.
Old 19th May 2009, 13:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

varun, congratulations! thats a superb colour and looks cool on i10 along with reds.Drive safe and keep updating.CHEERS!!
Old 19th May 2009, 20:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
varun, congratulations! thats a superb colour and looks cool on i10 along with reds.Drive safe and keep updating.CHEERS!!
Thanks vijay. Took the babe out for a spin on the Ring Road. Managed some good speeds around 60-80. Tested out the brakes. Looked good.

more updates soon
Old 21st May 2009, 11:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on a very smart buy. The Sports version is really selling these days and this colour is a very popular one after the white one.

One of the most popular cars here on TBHP !!

Do keep giving us regular updates and service experiences.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:08   #23
BHPian

Congrats.

Grey color looks awesome on i10.

Enjoy the car, looking to the super interiors, you will definitely feel like driving a much bigger car.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:43   #24
BHPian

Hey Varun, congrats on your new car... Beautiful! If I wasn't obsessed with the DDis engine, this car would've been my choice. Let us know how she drives as the run in period ends.

Cheers!
Old 21st May 2009, 20:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Congratulations on a very smart buy. The Sports version is really selling these days and this colour is a very popular one after the white one.

One of the most popular cars here on TBHP !!

Do keep giving us regular updates and service experiences.
Thanks a ton kochar sir! Will definitely keep this thread going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Congrats.

Grey color looks awesome on i10.

Enjoy the car, looking to the super interiors, you will definitely feel like driving a much bigger car.
Well, actually i am a bit confused now which car to take with me & which to give to Dad, as its difficult to choose between Aveo's & i10's interiors.! But, surely, it looks compact from outside but it has got enough tiny winy places to store things & enough space for 4 adults(5 can't say)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey Varun, congrats on your new car... Beautiful! If I wasn't obsessed with the DDis engine, this car would've been my choice. Let us know how she drives as the run in period ends.

Cheers!
Well, actually I too wanted to for the DDis but as luck would have it Maruti guys always seem to be disinterested in selling me the car. First, I chose Aveo over Swift VDi & now this baby over ritzy.

But, with due respect to DDis (credit to Fiat)!

Well, the car has completed 300 odd kms on the odo, including a trip to sahibabad today. It was a bit relaxing to drive a small car in that cluster of cars(call it a galaxy actually). She's giving me somewhere about 11.5-12 kmpl in city with AC on 100%.

Will continue further & definitely add a few pics!

Last edited by varun.ppl : 21st May 2009 at 20:32.
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

11.5 - 12 kpl sounds about right as the car has not been serviced yet. After first service, the car might give you another km to the litre.

with this scorching summer heat and AC on at full for most Northernites, the FE is at its lowest these months.

My Verna is giving me only 13 kpl right now. Used to give me 15 - 16 at one time.

But everyone has the same problem these days.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:24   #27
BHPian

Guys ,
i am in process of booking a i10 Sportz Auto (Deep Ocean Blue) , its coming to 5.25lacs OTR Bangalore after discounts .
Please suggest me what are the list of accessories i should bargain with the dealer , i have made a list below, please add up if you guys have anything in mind .

Remote locking -
Mats and mud flaps
Body cover
Sunfilm
Leather Seatcovers , gear knob ,steering wheel & parking handle.
Perfume
Foglamps - Not sure about this

please suggest if i have missed anything else
Old 25th May 2009, 17:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Guys ,
i am in process of booking a i10 Sportz Auto (Deep Ocean Blue) , its coming to 5.25lacs OTR Bangalore after discounts .
Does 5.25 OTR include any freebies? What is the discount you got?
Old 25th May 2009, 17:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Guys ,
Please suggest me what are the list of accessories i should bargain with the dealer , i have made a list below, please add up if you guys have anything in mind .
Dude the discount seems too low according to me. You have to bargain hard. Tell the dealer that there are a lot of options in 1.2 engines like the Ritz & the soon to be launched Jazz (which has an autobox too). The price on-road Bangalore is 5.40L so according to me you should get minimum 30-31k's discount. On top of that you should get Remote Central Locking, Mud flaps, Floor Mats, Under body rust coating, 3rd year extended warranty free at least.

So IMO you should bargain to 5.05-5.1L with FOC accessories bundle.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 25th May 2009 at 18:04.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Does 5.25 OTR include any freebies? What is the discount you got?
around cash discount of 20000 and other than that the above accessories as freebies (not sure about fog lamps)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks