Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wonderful report mate! Enjoyed reading the report and loved your writing style as well. Congrats on your car and wishing you many more happy miles with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Star, its a 5star report

Firstly congrats on the new car, Honda for sure makes no trouble car!

Good to know that you are from Udupi

Btw on power cuts i guess now it has improved few years back a day without power cut was a miracle!

Have fun...
Thanks very much Abhinav and Lohit for your compliments and good wishes
Old 3rd June 2009, 06:01   #77
BHPian

Great report....i had a great laugh reading it...you have a great presentation style mate..."F1 Local Bus drivers" he he...i can understand...i am from place called Padubidri [near udupi] and i go at least once a month there...hence...Bangalore - Mangalore route is my regular...

I too own a ANHC {AT} and i just completed 6500KM. Believe me, so far no issues at all, not even minor.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th June 2009 at 12:43. Reason: please see note in post
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
Great report....i had a great laugh reading it...you have a great presentation style mate..."F1 Local Bus drivers" he he...i can understand...i am from place called Padubidri [near udupi] and i go at least once a month there...hence...Bangalore - Mangalore route is my regular...

I too own a ANHC {AT} and i just completed 6500KM. Believe me, so far no issues at all, not even minor.
Thanks Srini

I know West (Padu) bidri.

When did you get the first service done ? Did you see any improvements / changes in the performance after first service ?
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:10   #79
BHPian

Well, in 1st service they don't do anything...just normal check-ups and washing....they don't do the oil change...it is done either by end of 1st month or 1000 KM. I have completed second service [3month/5000KM] and they change the oil and do routince check-ups...post service mileage have improved a bit and engine has smoothened as well....

it is more fun to drive now ...
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:41   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Here you go..

As I said earlier, we reached the destination at 13:35, my parents retirement home. my father preferred to stay at his native place after he rebuilt the 100+ year old house. They were eagerly waiting for us, mainly thier grand daughter.
=====================
After another sumptuous dinner, we retired for the day at 10 PM.
Ah, the joy!. I can just visualize the picture you are painting!. A nice rural setting with a cuppa hot chai with family members!. Our ancestral house is in a village near Udupi as well!.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd June 2009 at 15:59. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:43   #81
BHPian

nice report buddy.

The pictures are just compelling us to take a trip of our own with friends immediately, considering the monsoon which has set in. Wet roads, rain splashing on the windscreen, countryside, hill tops,..., i guess the list goes on.

I need an emergency leave from work

cheers!
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:21   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
Well, in 1st service they don't do anything...just normal check-ups and washing....they don't do the oil change...it is done either by end of 1st month or 1000 KM. I have completed second service [3month/5000KM] and they change the oil and do routince check-ups...post service mileage have improved a bit and engine has smoothened as well....

it is more fun to drive now ...
Thanks very much Srini, i plan to give my car for first service in 2 weeks time. i will share my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasekeh View Post
Ah, the joy!. I can just visualize the picture you are painting!. A nice rural setting with a cuppa hot chai with family members!. Our ancestral house is in a village near Udupi as well!.
My native place has not remained "that rural" in real sense. i realised that on day4, i will post my learnings tonight,

but yes, rains outside the home and all near and dear ones inside the home chatting over a cup (s) of tea is the best thing to happen to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
nice report buddy.

The pictures are just compelling us to take a trip of our own with friends immediately, considering the monsoon which has set in. Wet roads, rain splashing on the windscreen, countryside, hill tops,..., i guess the list goes on.

I need an emergency leave from work

cheers!
thanks AirbusA340, yes, periodic holidays/break from our regular work and stress of urban life will make us more creative and relaxed/stress free.
plan your time away along with your dear ones.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th June 2009 at 12:45. Reason: Please see note in post
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

Day 4 : One TV, One Lazy Guy and Rural Learnings

Day 4 started at 8:30 AM when i was woken up by my daughter

"Papa, wake up !!! , get ready, Me and Grandpa is ready to go out, we need to go to buy TV, wake up quick !!!"

at last i left the bed at 8:45, got ready by 9:30, had breakfast and left to buy TV at 10 AM, My daughter was pushing me to get things done every 5 minutes, it reminded me of how me & wife push her to get ready for school everyday .

Went to the friendly neighbourhood TV shop. The Sales Girl (i do not know her name) was very good, once again demonstrated the TV and remote to us, explained the features, convinced us to buy a stabilizer along with Samsung 21" CTV. The shop was buzzing with customers, when asked i got a response that the shop sells at least 5 TVs and 5 DTH STBs average per day. . We paid the money, was told that TV would be sent home in in 30 minutes. As promised it reached home in time followed by a quick demonstration again.

i wanted to withdown some money and found that there are three ATMs within 1 KM radius.

Most of the other day was spent lazying arround and chatting with distinct cousins and relatives.

During several interactions during the day, learnt the following

1. At least 5-10 new houses are getting constucted every year
2. Minimum 1 marriage or thread ceremony takes place every day at the temple hall.
3. recently concluded elections were hard fought with lots of spending by the candidates
4. the main road of the village has been re-laid just prior to the elections. this has been done after more than 15 years.
5. 2-3 new temples have been re-constructed, more than couple of crores have been spent on each
6. Rathotsav (car festival) was celebrated few weeks ago, 2-3 days all people have enojyed community celeration together, lots of money has
been spent
7. several new kids are born
8. 2-3 new Share/Stock consulting agents have set up the shops
9. etc, etc

I asked typical question: How the down turn is affecting the business ?
some people asked me : what is down turn ?
some people told me : IT is down
some people told me : fresh engineers are not getting jobs.

from these answers, one can easily make the conclusion whether rural indian economy is suffering down turn or not

As it was a saturday, in the evening majority of the people assembled at the temple and there was a bhajan program for couple of hours. i could imagine how people used to get entertained in earlier days when TV was not available. But my daughter might never know once she grow up.

As next day we were to drive back to bangalore, packed up our stuff.
suddenly i realized our luggage had multiplied. we had come with 3 bags, suddenly we had 3 more bags with stuff packed by mother for us.

I had promised one of my cousin sister that she can join me on the return journey. She had 4 big bags full of books plus couple of hand bags. She lives in Tumkur. Wife told me that she can keep couple of small bags in the front leg space as usual like old palio.

i retired to the bed at 11 PM thinking how i can fit in all the luggage and still make comfortable travel to all.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 3rd June 2009 at 20:53.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

What a Boot & What a drive..

We were ready by 8 AM, put all our 6 bags into the boot. it was only half full. went to my cousins place, loaded 4 large bags full of books and 2-3 hand backs. everything fitted in perfectly.

my wife was delighted as she was not required to sit with luggage in the foot rest area. What a boot 504 ltrs, largest in its class.

we eventually eft at 9 AM. and drove through Bramhavar-Hebri-Someshwar-Agumbe Ghat - Tirthhalli- Shivamoga.

Road condition:
--------------
Excellent through out. The Agumbe ghat has been re-layed in between.
from Tirthahalli to shivamoga, couple of places canal is being built across the road. one lane is closed. Very big speed breakers have been put.
the car underbelly touched each one of them .

we could reach shivamoga by 12:0, it took us another 10 minutes to reach a relative home. had lunch and relaxed. restarted the journey at 2:45, drive through Bhadravat - Arsikere - Kadur - Tumkur.

road condition is excellent except between Shivamoga-Bhdravati as construction is still on.

soon i found myself driving at 120KMPH (just above 3000 RMP)
i could not find any difference in the handling, stability, comfort engine noise etc between the speeds of 80 or 120 KMPH.

we reached Tumkur by 5:30 PM. it took another 15 minutes to drive thro' the town to reach my cousins home. Spent time till 9:15 PM, had dinner, had some great chat. It started raining once again just prior to our departure.

We resumed our drive at 9:15 PM drove through the rain via Dobbaspeth-Dodballapur-Yelahanka. The road was pitch dark - very heavy rain (wiper at max speed) - the car had great stability even at 120 KMPH. We reached home by 10:30 PM

The trip meter showed 1401.1, the fuel gauge was exactly in the middle
the FE indicator showed 16.0

The total fuel used by me is 2.5 tankful = 105 ltrs, the actual fuel economy = 13.34 KMPL with AC on throughout the trip

The trip was very relaxing and all of us were very happy at the end of the trip. that is what matters

Since last 3+ years i wanted to blog, but never managed to get going.
This was an effort to start the same. I hope you found it ineresting.

Thanks for reading through and posting your comments and appreciation.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th June 2009 at 12:45. Reason: only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the rules carefully
Old 4th June 2009, 17:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

First Service Done.. imagine how much i paid ??

Hi Friends,

Today my car underwent the first service.
i reached the dealer's after sales service center at 9:35 AM, I had gone without any formal appointments. There was a lady available at the gate to receive the car. She quickly checked with me and called for a Service Advisor
I handed over the car to the advisor, he filled in a checklist, he found 2-3 very minor scratches . I was handed over a copy. advisor told me that the car would be ready by 4 PM and i was out of after sales service center in less then 15 minutes.

I visited the sales office, met with my sales consultant. i wanted to buy
seat covers and rubber mats, together it was quoted to be 7100 RS.
i did not find it very attractive to buy. hence postponed the decision.

Later on i had an opportunity to have a look at Honda Jazz, it was quoted to be RS 8 Lac on road. it looks like Honda is creating a new segment altogether.

At 4:09 PM i received a call from the service advisor that my car is ready, i can come and collect it. After sales service center is just 3 KM from my office. i reached at 5 PM, i was handed over the car in 5 minutes. I was surprised by the bill amount , can you guess ???

ZERO

Car was spik and span like new, scratches were less visible now.
there was a small chemical stain on the front grills, which was removed.

I still remember the pain and pleasure of getting my Palio serviced from initially from FIAT later on from TATA dealerships. I have now peace of mind as expected when i bought a Honda car. I wish that Honda and it's dealers can keep up this after sales service levels.

I am really delighted by the performance of the ANHC on my recent trip as well as this first service experience.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I handed over the car to the advisor, he filled in a checklist, he found 2-3 very minor scratches. I was handed over a copy. advisor told me that the car would be ready by 4 PM and i was out of after sales service center in less then 15 minutes.
Did they take back the copy of the checklist given to you at the time of delivery?

Here they encourage owners to book the service. I always do book an appointment as the service centre is about 52kms away. But they have what is called as 'quick service' and since I wait for delivery after service, the last two times they put me in that category and let of me off in 3 /4 hours.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Did they take back the copy of the checklist given to you at the time of delivery?

Here they encourage owners to book the service. I always do book an appointment as the service centre is about 52kms away. But they have what is called as 'quick service' and since I wait for delivery after service, the last two times they put me in that category and let of me off in 3 /4 hours.
The copy of the check list is still with me. Why did you ask ?

I also saw some cars with "Quick Service" labled plastic bin placed on top
now i understand the meaning of it. As service station is very close to my office, i prefer not to wait.

In fact when i took delivery of the new car two weeks ago, i had met with Chief Service Advisor and i was offered a pick up / drop facility during the initial services without any extra charge as my office is very close bye, but i prefered to go there myself as i wanted to have a look at the seat covers etc.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:15   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The copy of the check list is still with me. Why did you ask ?
Here it is taken back compulsorily even when I pointed out that they have copies and I should have one copy for myself. let me see whether I can claim a copy next time!

Quote:
I also saw some cars with "Quick Service" labled plastic bin placed on top now i understand the meaning of it. As service station is very close to my office, i prefer not to wait.
Since it is far, I wait and bring it back. I take the Honda personally for service.

Quote:
In fact when i took delivery of the new car two weeks ago, i had met with Chief Service Advisor and i was offered a pick up / drop facility during the initial services without any extra charge as my office is very close bye, but i prefered to go there myself as i wanted to have a look at the seat covers etc.
I would not even think of this pickup and drop as it would be difficult if some mishap happens. It would be dificult to pinpoint responsibilty.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Here it is taken back compulsorily even when I pointed out that they have copies and I should have one copy for myself. let me see whether I can claim a copy next time!

I would not even think of this pickup and drop as it would be difficult if some mishap happens. It would be dificult to pinpoint responsibilty.

It is always good to keep some records of having the service done.
it is better to keep the checklist copy for records.

Pick up and drop is a facility provided by the dealer/A.S.S. the liability of the car rests with owner. Mishaps can happen with anyone if people are negligent and rash with the car/driving. Generally Insurance is provided for such mishaps/accidents itself.

In western world, every year the cars are refurbished viz. dents and scratches are removed, repainted if required etc and payment is done via insurance. This way they maintain thier cars.

In India, we are worried about the insurance claims becasue it is a very lenght process, often claims are not granted for several reasons, more over we are also worried about no claim bonus.

yes, as your service center is 50+ KM from your home, it makes sense to wait and go for Quick service, but if you are a busy business man or employeee who does not have 1 day to spare each time for getting the car serviced, then it is better to go for pick up/drop facility.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:56   #90
BHPian

Wow! This thread has seen quite a lot of action from the early 'guess my new car posts. Surprised I did not notice it. Congrats and the car is wonderful. Loved the travelogue cum review to udipi and beyond. Nice snippets of life in those parts as my dad is from those parts and I recently went there after quite a few years. It's changed quite a bit, lot more development and urbanisation yet I still love the richness of culture, traditions,temples, friendly folks and the quaint old world charm of the villages. However one alarming aspect that I noticed was the rise in the number of those corner street side bars around the temple vicinty etc. Guess the times they are changing now.

I was glad that after many years I got to relish the churmuri on car street, udipi. As a kid that was my sole purpose to go to Udipi.

Last edited by pranava999 : 5th June 2009 at 13:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks