Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:20   #1
BHPian

My New Car. Fiat Palio MJD SDX. EDIT : Delivery taken!

Hi All,

I have booked my Palio MJD SDX, Furnace Red colour with Prerana Motors Sarjapur Road Bangalore. Architect was the one of the Team-BHPians who has greatly influenced my decision of booking a Palio MJD-SDX. His initial ownership reviews along with the experience of being a Pilot seater of MJD-SDX for little more than 1500+ KM made me to go for it. So now I am sure that I made the right choice. I had Swift and Vista as other possible options when I booked for a Palio. But I decided against them. Swift has become so common and I did not like the looks either. The reason I why decided not to go for VISTA is, it's taxi look. I don’t want my car's look alike plying on city roads as taxi. Indica/VISTA owners and prospective owners please dont mistake me. No offence meant .

Here are my booking details.

I have chosen to go with Prerana motors as they responded promptly. My initial experience with Concorde was not that great, they promised to bring the vehicle for a test drive but never turned up. so decided not to go with them. But I have heard most of the customers have the opinion the other way around.

Proforma of my Invoice

EXSHOWROOM PRICE 472,450.00
LIFE TIME ROAD TAX 62,364.00
INSURANCE 14,020.00
HANDLING CHARGES 4,200.00
EXTENDED WARRANTY 4,500.00
Corporate discount 8,000.00
Cash Discount 10,000.00. I am not too sure what kind of discount it is.
Total comes to 539,534.00

Freebies offered: Sun-film, Seat cover and basics

Prepared a consolidated check list based on the PDI details available here to ensure a flawless delivery. I will get back to you as soon as I get my vehicle delivered with the details of my experience with Prerana Motors.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2009 at 13:48. Reason: Removed cross-post from architects thread.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:17   #2
BHPian

congratz dude!
what colour have you booked?
when is it expected?
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats varriers! Palio is a great car to drive.
Enjoy!
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz dude!
what colour have you booked?
Should be furnace red as mentioned in the post by varriers.

Congrats on booking the new car Varriers! With the host of owners on T-Bhp & their +ve reviews you can rest assured about your choice.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy! Nice choice!

Enjoy the ride!
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:50   #6
Ice
BHPian

Brilliant choice! Congratulations varriers
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:54   #7
BHPian

varriers:Congrats on your new set of wheels! Palio sure is a dream to drive. Personally have a Palio 1.2 ELX and i just refuse to part with her Just love the looks of her jewel lights. Have driven the MJD(SDX) and the ride feels good though i felt the DDIS engine in the suzuki felt a little more smooth (NVH). I wanted to go for another Palio i.e. the MJD(SDX) as well but to be frank the STILE's looks didn't appeal to me compared to the earlier Palio model which i still have and moreover No change / upgrade of interiors was seen. Hence i felt it was not worth, ME buying it. BUT for someone who is buying a Palio for the 1st time all i can say is you will NOT have any regrets. Glad that you have gone for it Its a GREAT car! Trust ME! Drive safe, have fun with her and enjoy the feeling of a Italian beauty!

regards
Smooth Sailing
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:55   #8
BHPian

Congrats Dude!!
When is the car expected?
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:01   #9
BHPian

An excellent choice. The Palio is a great car to drive, and is built like a tank. Enjoy the ride!
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:17   #10
Team-BHP Support

Congrats varrier.

Since you have not yet taken delivery, you might want to check out the Ritz. The rear looks might be an issue, but otherwise looks like a good package.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. You have made the right choice among the Palio, Vista and Swift.
I am sure you will enjoy your long drives. I have not seen a car (in a/b/b+ segment) yet having as good suspension and road handling as Palio.

Pl post pictures and your initial reviews about the car.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
Architect was the one of the Team-BHPians who has greatly influenced my decision of booking a Palio MJD-SDX.
I wonder how many people have been positively influenced by Architect for buying the MJD. Fiat need to reward him surely
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:01   #13
BHPian

Congrats varriers and a warm welcome to the club of Palio owners. You have made a smart choice of the SDX variant and the Stile looks wonderful in Furnace red colour. The only thing that I found less than excellent in this car is the braking performance at high speed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

it might be a good idea to swap the stock Goodyear tyres with better ones (see architect's thread).
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:09   #14
BHPian

Congrats Varriers, good choice my brother has a Palio SDX & is awesome to drive, I just wanted to ask you if you wouldn't be interested to look at the new FIAT PUNTO which should be launched in a months time from now its got a 5 star in NCAP rating & looks stunning (subjective though), Well the scoop masters say its priced around the price what you pay for the SDX now in blore...& will be launched by 2nd week of June!!

If i were you I would wait for the PUNTO!!

There is also a thread here on Punto, you can probably go through that as a refrence.

Cheers, Nitin
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:36   #15
BHPian

Palio MJD Rocks

Welcome buddy to Palio MJD club

Have driven 7000 Km in 1 year time,absolutely in love with my Red beauty

I have the basic SD with only AC\Power steering as I believe thats all you need to drive,why pay more.

Cars are meant to be driven for electronics buy Iphone and play with it

Simple interiors ,all average no funky gadgets however the moment u close the door u can feel the difference heavy build quality and moment u turn it on it fires to life ready for the run on 5th gear cruising among bus and truck on a busy highways the road grip and stability speaks tons for its driveability and road handling,no need to say more

Pure driving pleasure Eternal Bliss

Most Viewed