Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 08:50   #31
BANNED

Great review but I honestly feel the issues though minor are too many to ignore in a new car and the worse thing is, they keep recurring.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:00   #32
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
1. Rattling from dashboard left corner, gets severe when accelerating. Its more of a rubbing sound like a brush with metal bristles scratching on plastic. TASS SA said they need to remove the dash board for inspection. I am yet to visit them after that suggestion.
My strong advise to you as far as opening the dash is a big NO! All it will do is open pandoras box. The rubbing sound is most probably the rubber on the quarter panel glass in the front that has the chrome strip on it. Does the sound occur when you open the passenger front door as well? The rubber strip of the quarter glass and the front door are too close to each other and cause this sound. OR the stabilizer bar.

Quote:
Front passenger seems to be having some play, it moves back and forth when traveling on uneven surfaces.
Okay i know this spot on! get the seat bolts tightened and when you adjust the seat i.e move it forward or backward, manually check the lever by pushing it down weather it slots in. Chances are it doesnt get locked properly and the seat keeps sliding. When no one is sitting in the passenger seat, it tends to have some amount of vibration which is normal in diesel versions.

Quote:
Front armrest creaking noise. SA said this standard feature for all Lineas. Requesting inputs from senior Lineans on this issue.
I think my linea is definitely one of the oldest and i haven't had this issue.And its not standard. Anyone else maybe?

Quote:
I am not sure if my thread would add any value. Suggestions on this ?
Just list down your experience in a thread. I am sure some one has a similar issue like yours that has been noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Great review but I honestly feel the issues though minor are too many to ignore in a new car and the worse thing is, they keep recurring.
Zaks i could'nt agree with you more. It gets irritating at times considering the car is brand new, but I think its a user experience in all lineas.

Jokes apart, i think it has a lot to do with my car being a part of the first lot of lineas. Its part of a toothing process for this model as well as Fiat. The good thing is that some TASS (Mine especially) are willing to go the extra mile to fix these niggles. My SA and I have together resolved almost all the recurring issues for good with the expection of the Tak-Tak and the suspension noise.

Linea's like mine, carspg, geesh, nehamit, vahanpujari, satya (sorry if i forget anyone else) are the main reasons why the newer lineas/puntos have fewer niggles as we have almost reported and fixed these irritating issues.

Last edited by JRD : 7th October 2009 at 10:02.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Linea's like mine, carspg, geesh, nehamit, vahanpujari, satya (sorry if i forget anyone else) are the main reasons why the newer lineas/puntos have fewer niggles as we have almost reported and fixed these irritating issues.
+1 to that. Fiat has been taking a note it seems and the niggles reported here in TBHP seem to have been addressed in the later lots.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:10   #34
BHPian

JRD..

Mine had three of the problems you had reported.

Tak Tak noise - This is from the front suspension link rods. Replace them and the sound will vanish. I know that is a very irritating sound.. My Lineas front suspensions link rods were replaced and the sound completely vanished (did not recur until today - I replaced them when I had done close 3500 kms and now my car has done 8k)

Squeaking noise from the Dash.. - Pls ask them to check inside the Gear walls. The AC pipes (cooling / heating pipes) rub against the walls / something to create that noise. I reported this to Concorde and after a lot of research (for close to two days) they found that the AC pipes were the root cause.. It was fixed once and it recurred.. Now they have fixed it again.. The sound has vanished...

Front Passenger seat noise - In earlier Lineas, if you notice the floor height was not matching the seat height.. So they had put some washers to increase the floor height.. Because of this the thread in the bolt generally tends to get damaged.. the bolt was replaced and two of the washers were removed.. Now the problem has vanished.. The seats are firm..

Concorde, Chennai dedicated a lot of time to get these issues fixed.

Pls try them and it may help..

Regards,
Sathya
Old 7th October 2009, 13:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious does any linea on tbhp have a pete's box installed? I checked out the prices its about 28k. Need for information about the warranty.
Here is the reply I got from Anil(Bangalore Petes)

hi vasanth
regarding warranty it would be best to remove the box as it takes 5min to remove it when you give it for service and the drive city or highway its fantastic you can test it and then buy
Subject: Teregds anilune box for fiat linea
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:47:44 +0530

Hi anil,

I was browsing your website regarding the tune box for linea, I got your
reference from the Team bhp website. I need some clarifications regarding
the product.

1. Warranty : I have booked a new linea MJD and will the warranty be void
if I put this on a new linea
2. City drive : Is it a good for a normal city bumper to bumper traffic or
is it good only for highways?
Old 7th October 2009, 14:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
+1 to that. Fiat has been taking a note it seems and the niggles reported here in TBHP seem to have been addressed in the later lots.
Absolutely. Mine is a July manufacture, and I have no tak-taks/rattles/squeaks, no chrome strips falling off ( hope I am not speaking too soon), no gaps in glove box etc. The bonnet lever did fall off a couple of times but has stayed put after the service guys placed it back. Minor alignment with the wipers which was corrected. Seat height adjustment is an issue but there is a solution. My only issue is a bouncy ride when going over bumps. Have been playing around with tire pressures but problem persists. Any suggestions are welcome. I do have some doubts that it could be a suspension problem but the TASS guys don't seem to think so.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:58   #37
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Tak Tak noise - This is from the front suspension link rods. Replace them and the sound will vanish.
The link rods have already been changed. The noise vanished for two days but was back after that. My TASS is working on a solution.

Quote:
Squeaking noise from the Dash.. - Pls ask them to check inside the Gear walls. The AC pipes (cooling / heating pipes) rub against the walls / something to create that noise.
I forgot to mention that, but the same has already been done

Quote:
Front Passenger seat noise - In earlier Lineas, if you notice the floor height was not matching the seat height.. So they had put some washers to increase the floor height.. Because of this the thread in the bolt generally tends to get damaged.. the bolt was replaced and two of the washers were removed.. Now the problem has vanished.. The seats are firm..
I havent had a major issue like before, but will get this done at 15k service.Thanks a lot for the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Have been playing around with tire pressures but problem persists. Any suggestions are welcome. I do have some doubts that it could be a suspension problem but the TASS guys don't seem to think so.
Low speed ride is a little bumpy even on my car. Try 32psi front and 30psi in the back.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:59   #38
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
My strong advise to you as far as opening the dash is a big NO! All it will do is open pandoras box. The rubbing sound is most probably the rubber on the quarter panel glass in the front that has the chrome strip on it. Does the sound occur when you open the passenger front door as well? The rubber strip of the quarter glass and the front door are too close to each other and cause this sound. OR the stabilizer bar.

The sound is not present when opening the door. It is more of a scratching sound.

Yes. I was also not confident in letting them open up the dash.
Yesterday I had to take her over some bad roads, and now the sound seems to have gone. Looks like something fell into place during that ride.
What is the stabilizer bar? Is it something in the suspension setup?

Also I am not liking the music system. Although clarity is good, the low frequency notes are muffled. I could live with the maximum loudness(without distortion) it offers, but the frequency range is not at all acceptable especially towards the lower end. I had a look at the 'In car entertainment' section, but I thought the suggestions given there were too risky and might void the warranty. Any ideas on this .
Old 7th October 2009, 18:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The sound is not present when opening the door. It is more of a scratching sound.

Yes. I was also not confident in letting them open up the dash.
Yesterday I had to take her over some bad roads, and now the sound seems to have gone. Looks like something fell into place during that ride.

Also I am not liking the music system. Although clarity is good, the low frequency notes are muffled. I could live with the maximum loudness(without distortion) it offers, but the frequency range is not at all acceptable especially towards the lower end. I had a look at the 'In car entertainment' section, but I thought the suggestions given there were too risky and might void the warranty. Any ideas on this .
Hi,

Did you try the personalised - bass / treble adjustments and see if you get close to what you like?

Cheers, Sam
Old 7th October 2009, 22:47   #40
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR;1519347/

Also I am not liking the music system. Although clarity is good, the low frequency notes are muffled. I could live with the maximum loudness(without distortion) it offers, but the frequency range is not at all acceptable especially towards the lower end. I had a look at the 'In car entertainment' section, but I thought the suggestions given there were too risky and might void the warranty. Any ideas on this
Yes the stabilizer bar is also known as the suspension linkage.

About the music system, there is a way to adjust the equalizer. My elder bro has adjusted it in my car. I shall ask him how and update.
Old 8th October 2009, 00:31   #41
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hi,

Did you try the personalised - bass / treble adjustments and see if you get close to what you like?

Cheers, Sam
Quote:
Yes the stabilizer bar is also known as the suspension linkage.

About the music system, there is a way to adjust the equalizer. My elder bro has adjusted it in my car. I shall ask him how and update.
Thanks guys, I have already personalized the equalizer and bass/treble settings. The settings are given below. Even with these, I am not able to squeeze out some low frequency response. I was wondering if upgraded speakers driven by the stock Blaupunkt HU would do the trick.

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc02392.jpg

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc02393.jpg

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc02394.jpg

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc02401.jpg
Old 8th October 2009, 21:19   #42
BHPian

@UKR. You have taken the treble wayyy down. I think with stock speakers, low frequency reproduction is not very good. You might need to add a s/w. Adding a s/w however, is a tricky thing in Linea/Punto. Next best option is to upgrade the stock speakers with better ones.
Old 8th October 2009, 21:32   #43
BHPian

@ JRD,

Am unable to believe that the photos of the car are after completing 10000kms. F RED for Linea is a dust and scratch magnet, your beauty is in immaculate condition. Shining to full glory, phew!!!!!!

P.S: Am also looking out for a C segment car shortly, mainly between ANHC and LINEA, had TD's and deciding what to do. Utterly confused.
Hooked on to the forum 24*7 for updates from you guys.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:15   #44
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
@UKR. You have taken the treble wayyy down. I think with stock speakers, low frequency reproduction is not very good. You might need to add a s/w. Adding a s/w however, is a tricky thing in Linea/Punto. Next best option is to upgrade the stock speakers with better ones.
But at higher treble levels, it is drowning what ever bass is audible now and is sounding more like a pocker fm radio.

What is an s/w?

Regarding speaker upgrade, will the stock HU be able drive them? Will it void the warranty?
Old 9th October 2009, 09:43   #45
BHPian

UKR, I suggest you go through Pranav's thread in ICE section. Stock HU does not have a line out or a pre out so it is not possible to connect an amp directly. (s/w = sub woofer). In Pranav's thread, there are some solutions that he came across. I think all your queries will be answered there.

Edit: Any latest Linea owners: Can you confirm whether the HU is Blau or JVC?

Last edited by NutsNBolts : 9th October 2009 at 09:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks