Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 12:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
My vote goes to hyper silver or machined black finish. Contrasting colors always look good.
I am not a fan of black alloys on SUVs, they look like they're pretending to be a quick sedan. Just me personal opinion.
Going to spend sometime coming weekend looking up wheels in hyper silver though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Congratulations Manson for your new ride. Good color choice too.
Thanks Nikhil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
Congratulations on your new car. White is perennial color. A retained customer indeed speaks a lot about the quality of the car. Congratulations again and enjoy driving around
Thanks mate. Had wanted to have a white car since a long time now, like I mentioned earlier, the white and black plastic contrast all around looks quite nice. Infact now contrary to what I wrote above, I'm going to keep an eye out for black wheels too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Congratulations on your new Scorpio, manson!

Interestingly we were having a similar discussion on upgrades when Ramky was in town - what does a Safari / Scorpio owner upgrade to? In the absence of good alternatives plus the value proposition that these bring, I guess we'll stick to these 2 for a while.
Thanks Hrag.
Quite honestly (and not cos' I bought my second) there isn't a better VFM upgrade in the market just yet.
Initially (a few months back) I had briefly thought that I'd buy a 2.2 Safari as I could do with a change, but a test drive once I starter shopping changed my plans entirely.
Another name that comes to mind is the Pajero, but for twice the price of the Scorpio it did not seem a value proposition for a 30-50% better vehicle, not that it even stood in my max 15L budget either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Congrats Manmeet.
After all those talks about how good and reliable the old car was, I was dead sure you'd buy another Scorpio. So, you're treating us this Saturday, right? Our regular hangout.
Thanks bud. One of these coming saturdays for sure.
Now the USB drive could play our music, hence no need for the hoarse singing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Manson, congrats on your repeat purchase!
Hope this one exceeds the ownership experience of the previous one!
Thanks Anup. Have been following yours and Shanker's posts since a while now.
The initial impressions with regards to quality have been a slight let down from the previous Scorpio. But the functionality of all the insorporated changes scores a maximum.
I haven't been in the Scorp since Monday, can't wait to hop in and check on the reversing tip Red Liner has mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congrats Manson, always a good decision to go for something that one's used and been comfortable with over a long period of time.
Exactly what my father said. Thanks Suman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Well done Manson. The car looks great. I agree with you on those side cladings though, plain ugly. White is the best in Scorpio I feel. Get some delicious wheels soon to give it the complete look. Happy motoring buddy.
Thanks Dips. This weekend I should get around finding a good set of wheels, going to leave the tires to stock size though as this is again going to be a long term daily running vehicle.

[quote=GTO;1323581]I guess this marks the end of those numerous "What Car?" SMS' ? Man, you really shopped across a wide array of cars. I'm going to still insist that your old Scorpio had a substantial amount of life left, you could have retained her for another 3 - 4 years.

Lol, yeah it probably does. I see myself going always with my head than the heart, and I am seeing this developing into a pattern. Even the last time around I was on a similar budget and decided on the Innova for the practiclity and sheer value the Innova comes packed with.
The older Scorpio most definitely had more than a little life left. You have no idea how many times I must have worked out approximations based on the '5 year old car thread'.
But what had put me off is that the body sheel had begun to rust on two doors and the engine bay area. The mud flaps had rusted and vanished somewhere.
Apaprt from this the suspension and brakes were going to need a rebuild and bleeding respectively soon enough and the tires were almost worn out too.
And, from the schedule me and my car are usually working on, I could not see myself working around all of the above, and then those agonising malfunctions.
Besides the oppurtunity cost, this made more financial sense for sure.
Since I have taken the plunge, I can only hope this is the better step forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Either ways, there is simply no larger attestation of customer satisfaction than a repeat purchase.
Like I mentioned in my opening post, the personnel at Mahindra at almost all levels are doing a shoody and irresponsible job of the load they get.
The company policies and initiatives seem to be near perfect, but they better pull up their controlling activities before the staff at various levels pulls down the success story.
It has been three working days since the lady at G3 called to ask about my experience with their dealership and the gripes if I had any with the car.
I mentioned to her about the aircon, a tiny scratch on the rvm and my interest to buy the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty.
I am yet waiting for someone to call me back on all the three issues, like I said Mahindra needs to act on their controlling activities more than initiating new support plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations! Drive safe, Manson (no rear ending VIPs with this Scorpio ).
This one comes equipped with ABS, so hopefully the VIPs are all good eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
Congrats on your purchase Manson. Regarding gears, I always shift a gear beyond 2000rpm. That is the range it shifts most effortlessly. City driving speed is anyways restricted however I did pull her to 125kmph when she had 600kms on the ODO. It makes the engine 'open' up a bit. I then drove her at 110kmph for about 50kms when I did my highway trip at around 1100kms on the ODO.
Thanks for the inputs and the good wished passionrider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
What is the buyback you are getting for your stock rims? Why arent you considering an upgrade of tyres as well. It will look smarter with slightly bigger tyres and alloys.
What is the buy back amount I could expect. With most sedans the dealers offer virtually nothing.
Also, like Anup mentioned, upsizing the tires is a big no-no for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
With due respect, I would advise against upsizing!
Alloys yes, but please, no offsets!
Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the stock sizes Anup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wow! you bought the same car for the second time! Gotta be boring to stare at the same dash for another half decade.

Naada, mostly everything about my new Scorp is different than my previous non CRDe Scorpio.
The dash, aircon vents, roof rails, cladding (not that I like), the instrument cluster, the engine, the gear know, seats, headrest, e.t.c
What remains the same is most of the body shell, the name, the wheel caps and a few more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its like the old days, buy ambassador, use it for 5 years then buy another ambassador.
Lol yeah, but back in the day when you sold your 5 year old Amby, Padmini, etc you mostly got back what you paid for it 5 years ago. In this day you get a fraction if not less

manson.
Old 29th May 2009, 20:13   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Some of you are aware of my reasons for buying another Scorpio to replace my previous one, and are very much in the know of how much in awe I was of my older Scorpio
Interiors
Trust me, Mahindra had done some serious cost cutting on the interiors from what they were on my previous Scorp. Everything plastic screams cost cutting, right down to the keys to the vehicle. The interiors are certainly more functional with the numerous glass holders, mobile holders, charging points, the works, but the quality should not have gone donw to the level it has.
Engine

I have not really gone past the 80 kmph mark just yet, its only 300 kms on the odo, but the front end does feel less front heavy than the older Scorpio with the SX2600 engine. The turbo whistle also seems more prominent.
I have driven the previous generation Scorpio VLX with the Mhawk motor, and it definitely is a scorcher.
The option of upgrading to Pete's post warranty is a bonus.
Accessories
Tints
Matting - I yet have to get mats for the boot, any suggestions would be most welcome.
Wheels
I really want some nice wheels for this Scorp, infact they are the reason I cut down on the ICE budget. Have visited the regular places around my place, but there is absolutely nothing fab. I will post a design I liked in my next post. Suggestions welcome.
Staff
The staff is what Mahindra needs to 'refresh' more than anything else. Thei causal attitude to acquire a booking was alarming. Laid back would be an understatement to describe the attitude.
Teething Issues
The aircon does not chill like a new car should, especially at speeds beyond 2,
infact the 2nd speed is beyond accepatable.
The reverse gear sometimes engages with a grinding noise, makes me feel like I'm not using the clucth pedal efficiently, any other Scorpio owners facing a similar issue?
Gotta hate the new gear know, it just does not provide adequate feel, slotting it takes some effort, but then the mech had done a superb job of the previous Scorpio gearbox and that is probably why i feels crap.
The car was delivered with a slight scratch on the cabin mirror, and I seemed to have ooverlooked that till I drove a few kms.
Bhpian Suggestions
Would existing Mhawk owners suggest buying the extended cover, what essential parts are covered?
Any suggestions for the wheels, I'd want to stick to the stock size though.
Any suggestions on the run-in?
manson.
Congratulations manson for your decision to replace your 2004 Scorpio with a 2009 Scorpio.
The colour you've chosen is fine and quite appealing to a majority.
The dash and the interior plastic quality is too poor. I was driving the brand new Scorpio and Scorpio only to REFRESH myself for many days and got used to the crap and cheap plastics and interiors, Chinese toy like cup and mobile holders and what not? Then one day, I drove a A Star and was thrilled by the fit and finish of its dash. The plastic quality seemed superb. It felt like I am within the confines of an imported car- its like one used to feel, getting within a Toyota Corolla when the Premiers and Ambys reigned supreme. And a A Star is not even a premium hatch!
And the outer body claddings with SCORPIO embossed there- very crap and Chinese quality . The older claddings were better.
The engine's turbo whistle or hum is quite prominent, I agree. Engaging proper gears reduces it a wee bit though. Please update us on the Pete's once you decide to go for it.
Tints- I would suggest that you go for the mid range, premium quality of sunfilms. That saves a lot of energy while running the AC.
Mat for the boot- I feel it should be there just to protect the carpet.
Wheels- Apollo alloys look quite trendy and chic, while I find Aura (even the curvy and idiotic looking OE for the SLX is Aura) bland.Better suggestions from fellow members awaited.
Staff-They have a long way to go. Wish we could train them to be more responsive and aggressive (only with a positive attitude).
A.C. and Reverse gear- Its the same prob here. The AC needs patience which soon runs out! The reverse gear reminds me of a 1929 Ford Model A that I used to drive sometime back.It made similar noises to tell me I am wrong and its not! Alas it was American and I an Indian. But the Scorpio is an Indian.
Oh you are a senior Scorpio "n" than most of us here. So the "run in" period for us can be with your valuable inputs.But believe we must take the manual as our bible and get going.
My overall impression of the Scorpio is that its a lovable beast.
Old 29th May 2009, 20:17   #33
BANNED

The New Scorpio looks refreshing, but still for me the Old one had a better looks

The New Scorpio looks so identical to the Old Bolero, M&M could have done better
Old 29th May 2009, 20:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The New Scorpio looks so identical to the Old Bolero, ...

I guess beauty truly lies in the eyes of the beholder!
I wish what you see were true. I so admire the Bolero's jeepy looks!
Old 30th May 2009, 00:09   #35
BHPian

congrats manson.

from a contented safari owner, i must say, "sweet ride dude"!!!

like the colour and the scorpio has managed to look more and more butch as the incarnations have all happened.

take care and enjoy her dude.
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

hi buddy, somehow missed out on this thread. i do remember you were planning to buy a scorpio, but till now i thought it was still pending!!!

Quote:
infact initially I had even booked another black one till I later discovered that M & M had lost their mind and had two toned the black colour scheme to a black & silver. Soon enough I had the colour changed to white.
good... white is a great colour for SUVs, IMHO.

Quote:
The Cladding is just plain ugly, wonder if that is going to grow on me too.
to this. till now, i wanted mahindra to tone down a bit, with regards to their external styling, but they have toned down a bit too much!

Quote:
I have driven the previous generation Scorpio VLX with the Mhawk motor, and it definitely is a scorcher.
The option of upgrading to Pete's post warranty is a bonus.
do you really need pete's buddy? i have not been able to unleash the max capability of the hawk till now, atleast on mumbai's roads.

Quote:

ICE
I really wanted to get a double din HU for this car, but nothing in the budget (upto 10-12K) looked bling enough and performed too well. The Pioneer 6050 looked drab in person and the Sony some nice looking HU apparently would not read instantly. The speakers had to go to the OE locations as luggage is often an issue otherwise, so no sub either.
is yours a 7 seater or 8? if its a 7 seater like mine, probably a sub or basstube will fit in between the jump seats. i have a basstube in mine.

Quote:

Wheels
I really want some nice wheels for this Scorp, infact they are the reason I cut down on the ICE budget. Have visited the regular places around my place, but there is absolutely nothing fab. I will post a design I liked in my next post. Suggestions welcome.
have a look at this buddy:
Neo Wheels : Wheel Match

Quote:
Staff
The staff is what Mahindra needs to 'refresh' more than anything else. Thei causal attitude to acquire a booking was alarming. Laid back would be an understatement to describe the attitude. They took over a week to get back to me about the slightest of things, and that what made them lose my business, had the car delivered from G3 at nerul instead.
have you tried 'global gallarie' in thane. i find the staff there to be better.

Quote:

Teething Issues
The aircon does not chill like a new car should, especially at speeds beyond 2,
infact the 2nd speed is beyond accepatable.
something wrong here. it should chill to the core. i have never had a reason to go above fan speed 2-LO.

Quote:
The reverse gear sometimes engages with a grinding noise, makes me feel like I'm not using the clucth pedal efficiently, any other Scorpio owners facing a similar issue?
yes, common problem on all scorpios. do double de-clutching:
after the vehicle comes to a standstill, come to neutral, leave the clutch, then depress clutch again & put in reverse. it will be smooth.

Quote:

Bhpian Suggestions
Would existing Mhawk owners suggest buying the extended cover, what essential parts are covered?
i am still thinking over it. additional expenses on my CRDe & non-CRDe were very few & negligible. but god forbid, if Mr. hawk decides to be nasty after warranty period, repairs may turn to be too expensive, because of the overload of sensors & new tech.
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manmeet

The White Scorpio looks great, have seen a few around my place & I find the white to be best color.

Keep us posted as you munch more miles
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what Raj has said, missed this post, not sure how, knew that you were deciding between Laura, Optra, Scorp etc. Didnt knew you bought already till now.

Congratulations for the white bull this time , do post the pics of interiors esp the ICE including HU.
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:25   #39
Team-BHP Support

While I continue to thank you guys for the constant suply of good wishes, its time for an update.

Aircon
The Aircon seems to be working much better now, I yet hate the blower noise at the second or a high speed though. Thankfully enough, off late the first speed with the circulation switched on seems to be doing the job reasonably well.

The jarring Reverse
The technique to shift into reverse seems to work well, but I am not efficient around it just yet, it mostly slides into reverse smoothly enough, and just then when I am confident about the shift it jarrrrs. A few hundred more kms and I should hopefully get around this.

Fuel Efficiency Check
The odometer stands just shy of 900 kms, and for my first full tank - refill fuel efficiency check, the Scorpio has returned a respectable 11 kmpl through a 50:50 mix of city and highway driving. I must add though that the driving has always been on this side of 2K rpm and pretty much on a light foot. The aircon has been switched on mostly all the time if not throughout.

The Drive
I have intentions of going through for an extended run in period for this, something in the range of 3K odd, before I start to enter the power band post 2K rpm. I was wondering if this would be better for the engine in the long run.
Strolling through the 4th and the 5th gear and flirting with the 2K mark on the RPM, I am always tempted to give in and push the jeep a little and experience the power band, but I guess I will not not give in to the temptation just yet.
The seats are good improvement over the seats in my older Scorpio, but a couple of hours can be slightly taxing comapred to the Innova, now that is one vehicle I could just be in probably all day.
The front is a lot lighter than the initial impressions I had percieved, to an extent I miss the front heavy feeling of my older Scorpio. This one feels quite nimble, the suspension feels somewhat softer too.

The Fancy
The highly criticized Voice Assist feature of the Scorp (something even I hates) seems to mhave caught my fancy off late. It always feels good to hear the 'welcome to the Scorpio, this is a fast vehicle, please drive it safely' almost immediately followed up by the hand brake warning and the seat belts too once the vehicle crosses 10 odd kmph.
In addition the rood rails and the spoiler enhance the appeal of the Scorp by a huge margin.

The ICE
I think I have decided on a simple setup which serves my purpose almost perfectly. The HU is nice, getting myself used to the single din. The JBL 608 powered by the ancient Sony amplifier sound nice too. The Lightning Audio rear fills were the only option for 4x6" I had, and I'm not too sure how they sound as the JBL compos in the front almost have me covered in the driver's seat.

Brickbats
One has to be a little careful while desengaging the handbrake, on a couple of occasions when I though I had it floored it seemed to yet have a step left to go, had it not been or the voice assis I would have probably driven for a couple of kms with the engaged hand brake.

A call center cab coming from the opposite direction scraped the driver's side mirror this afternoon, and this has left a tiny black spot near the edge. How I wish some wax would have sorted this for me :(

manson.
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:52   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
congrats manson.

from a contented safari owner, i must say, "sweet ride dude"!!!

like the colour and the scorpio has managed to look more and more butch as the incarnations have all happened.

take care and enjoy her dude.
Thanks BTB, appreciate all the kind words. I personally love the first generation Scorpio, but it seems this one has begun to grow on me just as strong, heck even the cladding seemed to have started looking nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Manmeet

The White Scorpio looks great, have seen a few around my place & I find the white to be best color.

Keep us posted as you munch more miles
Thanks Techno, am not much of fan of two tone colour schemes, hence the white and the silver were the only optionsI had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

Congratulations for the white bull this time , do post the pics of interiors esp the ICE including HU.
Thanks Tanwarmit.
The interiors are pretty much stock besides the tweeter mounts and the HU. I'll post pictures of both in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Please update us on the Pete's once you decide to go for it.
Now that is not happening for a really long time. I had only mentioned the option of Pete's at a later stage sounded exciting.

Quote:
Tints- I would suggest that you go for the mid range, premium quality of sunfilms. That saves a lot of energy while running the AC.
I got the tints a few days back, cost me 1800 INR, they're sort of dark and look nice too.

Quote:
Mat for the boot- I feel it should be there just to protect the carpet.
Exactly why I want to get one soon, probably coming weekend.

Quote:
Oh you are a senior Scorpio "n" than most of us here.
For namesake, I'm just going to take that title. Otherwise, Shanker, Anup, the rest of your Scorpio regulars, just about nobody gets more Scorpio Sr. than that. Its amazing how you guys know so mcuh stuff about your jeeps, right down to the minute details. Kudos guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
do you really need pete's buddy? i have not been able to unleash the max capability of the hawk till now, atleast on mumbai's roads.
Only after a really long time mate, just about when maybe someday I get bored of the power and driveability of the the Mhawk. I would be crazy to think of it anytime in in near future.

Quote:
is yours a 7 seater or 8? if its a 7 seater like mine, probably a sub or basstube will fit in between the jump seats. i have a basstube in mine.

I had a 12" ported enclosure in my previous Scorpio, and a 15" Sealed enclosure in the Innova. The jump seats surely allow having a 12" enclosure, but I very oftne have a load to lug around and then the hanging subwoofer wire, moving the box around, e.t.c. gets to me.
And this is my everyday ride, I do not enjoy blowing my ears anymore. Prefer some light hearted reasonably good quality sound.

Quote:
have a look at this buddy:
Neo Wheels : Wheel Match
Been there before, didn't particularly like any of the designs there.

Quote:
have you tried 'global gallarie' in thane. i find the staff there to be better.
Only if I had known earlier. I will probably buy my next generation Scorp in 2014 from them
Any recommendations for the service centre? GTO's posts around M & M seems to indicate Milestone to be one of the better Mahindra workshops.

Quote:
something wrong here. it should chill to the core. i have never had a reason to go above fan speed 2-LO.
Its cooling just fine now, what I hate is the blower noise in the second and higher speeds.

Quote:
yes, common problem on all scorpios. do double de-clutching:
after the vehicle comes to a standstill, come to neutral, leave the clutch, then depress clutch again & put in reverse. it will be smooth.
Thanks again Raj, trying to get accustomed to this.

Quote:
i am still thinking over it. additional expenses on my CRDe & non-CRDe were very few & negligible. but god forbid, if Mr. hawk decides to be nasty after warranty period, repairs may turn to be too expensive, because of the overload of sensors & new tech.
I will mostly be buying the addtional cover next week. At 9,999 it would have probably saved me some money iof anything would go kaput. And I doubt M & M has tested the Mhawk engine for as long as they tested the older non CRDe engines.

manson.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:24   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

My responses inline with your email. Looks like you're putting your Scorp to good use.

Quote:
Aircon
\ I yet hate the blower noise at the second or a high speed though.

Ditto here. The blower is so loud the engine gets muted.

The jarring Reverse
The technique to shift into reverse seems to work well, but I am not efficient around it just yet, it mostly slides into reverse smoothly enough, and just then when I am confident about the shift it jarrrrs. A few hundred more kms and I should hopefully get around this.

I would want you to check how much play your clutch has. Dont let anyone fiddle with it. Just randomly ask the service advisor if the clutch has any play and leave it at that.

The Fancy
The highly criticized Voice Assist feature of the Scorp (something even I hates) seems to mhave caught my fancy off late. It always feels good to hear the 'welcome to the Scorpio, this is a fast vehicle, please drive it safely' almost immediately followed up by the hand brake warning and the seat belts too once the vehicle crosses 10 odd kmph.
In addition the rood rails and the spoiler enhance the appeal of the Scorp by a huge margin.

I like the voice assist too. Reminds you about seat belts as well as the low fuel warning. The women who get into my car hate the guy asking them to wear seat belts though. Abuses are hurled! I feel sad for the guy.

Brickbats
One has to be a little careful while desengaging the handbrake, on a couple of occasions when I though I had it floored it seemed to yet have a step left to go, had it not been or the voice assis I would have probably driven for a couple of kms with the engaged hand brake.

The handbrake is a fault in all our cars. The damn thing does not slide down all the way unless you manually push it down.
Old 7th June 2009, 20:41   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While I continue to thank you guys for the constant suply of good wishes, its time for an update.
Aircon
yet hate the blower noise at the second or a high speed though. Thankfully enough, off late the first speed with the circulation switched on seems to be doing the job reasonably well.
Fuel Efficiency Check
The odometer stands just shy of 900 kms, and for my first full tank - refill fuel efficiency check, the Scorpio has returned a respectable 11 kmpl through a 50:50 mix of city and highway driving.

A call center cab coming from the opposite direction scraped the driver's side mirror this afternoon, and this has left a tiny black spot near the edge. How I wish some wax would have sorted this for me :(

manson.
manson nice review.
I mean can we call ourselves Scorpio"n"s a la teambhpians?
The blower could have been a bit silent, but thats the way its is. Don't know if the noise intensity will increase with ageing of the beast.
You've got an astounding 11kmpl. Thats a really good figure for a new Scorp.
Oh! the call centre cab scratched you ORVM. Mine too (same driver's side) got scratched while getting through a narrow gate. The ORVM's are too bulky and bulbous. M&M need to trim these as they have a lot of fat within. Keeping the mirror glass of the same dimension the enclosure can be trimmed.
Dirt and grime get into the gap area between the glass and the enclosure-Even a lizard can lay eggs within the ORVM- it has so much space within between the glass and the plastic enclosure.
Old 8th June 2009, 08:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even a lizard can lay eggs within the ORVM- it has so much space within between the glass and the plastic enclosure.

....wonder how people find out these things? ..... 'even' a lizard! what other creatures have been experimented with ......

Ah, sorry; was just thinking aloud there!
Old 8th June 2009, 13:29   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

ref alloys - try the hyper silver variety from Aura - they are very good.
Model No F11665.
you can also try RR or LENSO etc but you wont get the guarantee.
also in my observation some of those are a little too wide so when you move the steering from lock to lock on either side at full turn, you will see that the wheels tend to scrape the mud flaps and / or the front of the wheel well. this is particularly true of the DX, SLE, SLX models where the whole flap assembly and wheel wells has a space constraint on account of the cladding assembly - this is not an issue in the LX because the LX has only a thin mudflap and despite having a fat alloy wheel, it doesnt scrape.
check this out before installing your alloys.

ref tinted windows it definitely helps. I ve installed a light grey LLUMAR film on all windows - the ac efficiency has definitely increased and it does shield the insides from sharp sunlight. Yet it is so light a grey that there is absolutely no interference with night vision even on badly lit roads and in the rainy season. (personal experience.)

get yourself a nice curved/ contoured back cushion - it will help you on long journeys to give some support to the lower back.

you could if you wish, add one more useful thing which is the standard 4WD towhook at the back. It is helpful in towing yes, but in our cities, it helps a lot because no one tries to get too close to your rear - thereby preventing rear-ending. If they do, they will harm their vehicles, nothing will happen to your scorp!
It costs about 1200 Rs but you have to put the 4WD bumper for this - that costs about 8 grand.
all the best

enjoy your Scorpio - it is a great vehicle and Im sure it will give you some years of pleasure.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th June 2009 at 13:34.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
you could if you wish, add one more useful thing which is the standard 4WD towhook at the back. It is helpful in towing yes, but in our cities, it helps a lot because no one tries to get too close to your rear - thereby preventing rear-ending. If they do, they will harm their vehicles, nothing will happen to your scorp!
It costs about 1200 Rs but you have to put the 4WD bumper for this - that costs about 8 grand.
all the best
Do you have a pic of this ? The Bumper I mean. have you installed this in your car ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks