Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 20:16   #91
BHPian

Quote:
No. It is not even available for linea in after market.........
geeash saab,
Vignesh here.If you want HIDs for your LINEA.i can arrange for you,i actually know the bulb importer for chennai.for Punto one pair of H4 HIDS is enough.for LINEA we need H1,H7 HIDs i guess,it can even be different spec..But if u want chinese it is about 7k per pair.So 14K for LINEA.If you want Philips it will cost you about 20K

Vignesh
Old 8th July 2009, 18:31   #92
BHPian

Though Fiat Linea has a remote central locking system, have you noticed that there is no anti-theft alarm system. Anybody can easily break in a drive away with your car and there would be no alarm. Just wished to know if it is possible to fit an additional anti-theft alarm system with the present central locking system like for eg. Autocop or something like that. I have fitted the 'Autocop' central locking for my Ikon & Tavera. In tavera even if someone bangs on any part of the car body, it gives an alarm.
Old 8th July 2009, 19:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Though Fiat Linea has a remote central locking system, have you noticed that there is no anti-theft alarm system. Anybody can easily break in a drive away with your car and there would be no alarm. Just wished to know if it is possible to fit an additional anti-theft alarm system with the present central locking system like for eg. Autocop or something like that. I have fitted the 'Autocop' central locking for my Ikon & Tavera. In tavera even if someone bangs on any part of the car body, it gives an alarm.
Dont worry no one can drive away your car just like that. The Linea comes with an engine immobilizer which makes it impossible to start the car unless you have the 'right' key in. An anti theft alarm isnt needed my friend.
Old 8th July 2009, 20:02   #94
BHPian

The key that is provided cannot be easily duplicated. So it makes it almost impossible to drive the car away. Also ensure that the key code (small blue card) is kept safe at home and not in the car. If you need a duplicate key in the future, this code will have to be given to the dealer for Fiat to issue a duplicate.
Old 8th July 2009, 20:45   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
The key that is provided cannot be easily duplicated. So it makes it almost impossible to drive the car away. Also ensure that the key code (small blue card) is kept safe at home and not in the car. If you need a duplicate key in the future, this code will have to be given to the dealer for Fiat to issue a duplicate.
Thank you for updating me on this. I was not aware of this and also the blue card. I suppose it is still in the car and keep it away safe.
Old 8th July 2009, 22:17   #96
Senior - BHPian

Yes the blue card is important just in case you loose the keys. It has a code which is needed to be informed to fiat for making a new key. So dont keep that inside the car.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:41   #97
BHPian

I bought my Linea on 23rd April and so far run 1000 kms. Yesterday I got a call from the dealer that my car is due for service on 21st July. As I am abroad my wife told them that it has run on 1000 kms and the lady on the other end informed that it is a 3 month service reminder. I havent heard of a 3 month service nor read it anywhere on any of the Team-BHP Linea forum.
Friends do you know anything about it and should I go for this service? Probably it is only a water service, I guess???
Old 14th July 2009, 18:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I havent heard of a 3 month service nor read it anywhere on any of the Team-BHP Linea forum.
Friends do you know anything about it and should I go for this service? Probably it is only a water service, I guess???
Yes first service for Linea is due at 3000kms/3months whichever is earlier.

You didnt hear about it, hey didnt you read service booklet? Its mentioned about every service. Get the service done, its important, they will check the car, top up fluids and wash it.

Be it a water service (good one jaisha) or not, you have to send your car as not following manufacturer service schedule may void your warranty.
Use the pick n drop facility.
Old 14th July 2009, 20:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Yes first service for Linea is due at 3000kms/3months whichever is earlier.

You didnt hear about it, hey didnt you read service booklet? Its mentioned about every service. Get the service done, its important, they will check the car, top up fluids and wash it.

Be it a water service (good one jaisha) or not, you have to send your car as not following manufacturer service schedule may void your warranty.
Use the pick n drop facility.
thanx coolboy007 for the information. I will have to take it after I get home this month end. I can avail the pick n drop, but need to clarify some things regarding Blue&me & USB.
When I use my USB for music, only 1 song keeps on repeating and I have to manually move on to the next song from the steering controls. Would anyone please advise why it is happening so?
Old 14th July 2009, 20:21   #100
BANNED

Quote:
thanx coolboy007 for the information. I will have to take it after I get home this month end. I can avail the pick n drop, but need to clarify some things regarding Blue&me & USB.
When I use my USB for music, only 1 song keeps on repeating and I have to manually move on to the next song from the steering controls. Would anyone please advise why it is happening so?
Check Media Player settings. The "Loop" or "Shuffle" feature may have been enabled hence the same song repeats. Disable it.
Old 14th July 2009, 20:33   #101
BHPian

jaisha,

As cb007 said, 1st service is at 3months/3000km whichever is earlier. I just finished my Linea 1st service @ 2200km.

You are finding 3 months amusing? Well, all manufacturers have 1st service at 1month/1000km itself!

Use voice comand "Loop OFF" or disable loop manually through menu.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:18   #102
BHPian

An important information, just in case you didn't know!!!

Do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car!
Please open the windows after you enter your car and do no t turn ON the air-conditioning immediately. According to a research done, the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen- take note of the heated plastic smell in your car). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer may also cause miscarriage. Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with
the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level... & the people inside the car will inevitably inhale an excess amount of the toxins. It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for
the interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2009 at 20:36. Reason: Formatting removed.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:49   #103
BHPian

Just got an update from the Tata guys ; Vocal white color for Linea to be discontinued with immediate effect! They're going to introduce the Bossa Nova white in its place. Vocal white Linea owners are now part of an Exclusive club!

cheers
Old 15th July 2009, 15:29   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car!
It's not entirely true.

Check this out. snopes.com: Benzene in Automobiles
Old 15th July 2009, 17:49   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Just got an update from the Tata guys ; Vocal white color for Linea to be discontinued with immediate effect! They're going to introduce the Bossa Nova white in its place. Vocal white Linea owners are now part of an Exclusive club!

cheers
Yes you are right, VW owners would be a part of Exclusive club. Probably it was Fiat's Limited Edition series. Dont know why they had to discontinue this colour. Other than Fiat only Toyota is offering this colour 'Pearl white', isn't it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks