Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 18:17   #1

Skoda Fabia diesel ownership review

hi to all, though I am bhpian from last three years this is my first post, I already have 2002 lancer petrol (modified), 2003 Scorpio crde and after a long debate to myself bought fabia diesel (the top end version with sunroof, projector head lamps etc)the onroad cost Rs.834000 registered in thane. I also considered maruti Ritz, swift (diesel) and I 20.

I took the delivery on 1st June 09 and left for goa through ratnagiri (tarkarli) and returned via kolhpur approximately running 1500 kms. the car drives very smooth in all road conditions, visibility is very good and no noise inside cabin, above 2000 rpm she makes sporty sound, initial pickup is lower than swift but high speed I think she is better, I touched 165 easily (one has to look at the Speedo to confirm). AC is effective. The most important point for me to consider small diesel cause normally I drive alone, more than 2000 kms a month with 70% on highways so stability and safety must with fuel efficiency.
On this trip she was loaded with 5 adult passengers and the luggage I got F.E. of 19.5 on highways and 16 in city. If you use the MID smartly and cruse between 80-100 the F.E. improves to 21-21.5.

There are only two things I didn’t like about the car firstly though the music system is good, you cant upgrade it cause the parking sensor display is the same and no USB support, no rear speakers, no wiring for the same. second thing no boot release inside, though they have given a button on the remote you have to open at least on door to release the boot, very inconvenient these days for security check-ups

Last edited by ajmat : 8th June 2009 at 21:06. Reason: Please do not use formatting tags from MS word or similar
Old 8th June 2009, 19:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

First of all, congratulations on your purchase.
What was the odo reading when you did 165kmph. IMHO, if you have not completed around 1000-1500kms, one must not go at high speeds. Proper running in is must before you stretch the engine.

Also can you post some pictures of the car ? What was the cost of car OTR and specially tell us how was the dealer experience as a lot has been going on in this front here at TBHP. Did they offer any freebies ? Any accessories you purchased ?

How is sound insulation of cabin, specially does the road and wind noise filter in. Recently drove for around 500kms in Baleno and was tired because of poor sound insulation specially from road noise.

OT : I would request you not to use softwares like MSword and copy paste here in text editor. Use notepad instead of word. Here in your post there are tags for font and color. Type in notepad and then paste in here, the problem will be elimitated.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:11   #3

Thank you aaggoswami for the note pad suggestion, I m doing that, about the odo, it was doing aprox 1300kms, fabia manual says 1000-1500 kms running inn but the stretch on Mumbai - pune expressway and the excitement of new car I did it for hardly 3-4 minutes
About the OTR I have already mentioned its 8.34 thane registration,
about the dealer, yes even I was little hesitant to buy after reading a lot on the net but then I liked the product so took a chance, my negotiations with all the three dealers in Mumbai (autograph, autobahn and JMD) started in march and I bought it through JMD just because of their follow up. As freebies all of them were offering the same mirror lock, mats, mud flaps and Teflon coating. in addition 50% discount in insurance if you buy 09 model or Rs. 45000/- off if you buy 08 model, the delivery experience was good the PDI was done and the car was decorated with red ribbon some chocolates and ganapati idol, the main thing is service and that I will get to know only when the odo does 15000km.... yes the service intervals are either one year or 15000 kms.
There is no cabin noise at all and the suspension is fantastic, as a after market fitment I did all around Lumar Sun control film for 9k and Polk audio 61/2 in dorr round speakers with cross over at the rear, i have done it yesterday.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:12   #4

i m not able to upload the pics the link goes blank when i do so
Old 9th June 2009, 14:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep17 View Post
There is no cabin noise at all and the suspension is fantastic, as a after market fitment I did all around Lumar Sun control film for 9k and Polk audio 61/2 in dorr round speakers with cross over at the rear, i have done it yesterday.
Hi sandeep:
Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the Fabia club. Have you taken pics of the speaker installation? If so, please upload them.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) about the odo, it was doing aprox 1300kms, fabia manual says 1000-1500 kms running inn but the stretch on Mumbai - pune expressway and the excitement of new car I did it for hardly 3-4 minutes
2) the main thing is service and that I will get to know only when the odo does 15000km.... yes the service intervals are either one year or 15000 kms.
3) There is no cabin noise at all and the suspension is fantastic, as a after market fitment I did all around Lumar Sun control film for 9k and Polk audio 61/2 in dorr round speakers with cross over at the rear, i have done it yesterday.
1) Thankfully it was not less than 1000kms.
2) That is quite an interval. I thought it was 10K kms.
3) The refinement of cabin makes one believe that Fabia is truly a stripped down luxury car.

Quote:
i m not able to upload the pics the link goes blank when i do so
Did you try to upload pictures directly on TBHP ?
I suggest you have a look here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Sorry if you have already tried this way.
Old 10th June 2009, 01:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congrats on your purchase and good to know you enjoying her.

Just like to add I am running 2 amps, 1 comps front, 1 coax at rear, a sub all this with the stock head unit. And now adding a new headunit and lot more
There are no limits to anything one can add anything one can desire of.

Service interval has been upped to 15000kms recently.
However I advise diesel fabia owners to get it done at 10000 kms.
It truly is excellent car, noise insulation is good, due to double layered door rubber seal. Have driven 32000kms so far and can vouch on that.

Last edited by Invinsible : 10th June 2009 at 01:21.
Old 10th June 2009, 08:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Good to see a happy Skoda owner. Its been quite a time. Do take care and drive safe.

What colour?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks