Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 17:36   #61
BHPian

Nice to see a few more of you planning on iceing the Linea.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:55   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Great news man!
For how much do you get this - PARROT MKi9200?
I went to amazon.com there you get for $229.47 without tax so that means it comes around $250 ~ Rs.12,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
@ Man machine,

Will it support all functionalities of BLU n ME? I read here that someone's boss bought this parrot thing after seeing it in his Linea and there were many things missing.

1. Will the music system shut off or mute on its own when a call arrives?

2. How will be the voice clarity in this system and how it picks up commands to call others.

3. Is there a SMS reader too?
And what is the cost of everything, please make sure your warranty doesnt get VOID by fiddling with electronics in the car.
Best of luck for after market blu n me prototype
1.Yes the music shuts off on its own when a call arrives.
2.Voice clarity is really amazing - Parrot MKi9200 combines double microphone technology with new signal processing software (DSP-3) that eliminates background and surrounding noise, including noise from inside the car. For maximum listening quality, conversations are reproduced over the vehicle's speakers.( I personally have used it over my friends car it was amazing)
3.Yes there is SMS reader too.

I dont think so we are voiding warranty since it was done by the professional Blaupunkt dealer only. "Really a professional job they do it they charged Rs.800/-".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hey Man Machine
Where is ur office in Porur.?I ll catch you sometime.

BTW spoke to technokrat vijayanand
He says
option 1
spend 35 k .remove the stock ICE get new hu,speakers,amp,woofers.But Blue and me wont work. if its a E pack

Option2
spend 20 k.get new speakers amp and sub for the stock HU.It is sufficient though.

I would go for option 2.if i have E Pack

am considering it for my friends soon to be bought LINEA MJD E PACK.

PS.Karthik are you listening about the ICE upgrade.I think Tecnokrat is near your place in Aminjikarai.

Vignesh
Hey i have not seen any work done on Emotion Pack but for others i have seen it and its really professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Nice to see a few more of you planning on iceing the Linea.
I did'n wanna go for E Pack since i wanna put my own alloys and we can do lot of stuff with PARROT MKi9200 its truly amazing.
Old 12th June 2009, 18:48   #63
BHPian

SUre so now we wait to see the ICE you have in mind as well as the alloys
Old 12th June 2009, 23:08   #64
BHPian

How much does tecnokrat charge for installs? any idea?
Old 13th June 2009, 13:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
How much does tecnokrat charge for installs? any idea?
For installing this PARROT MKi9200 Tecnokrat charges Rs.800/-

But i think its little bit complicated
Old 13th June 2009, 14:05   #66
BHPian

as i had already said for a decent pair of speakers and a decent amp in the budget category,he says the cost would be 20K with the stock HU.
Old 14th June 2009, 12:13   #67
BHPian

I am almost decided on Linea and most probably will be booking it by Thursday (waiting for Punto Launch, may be I change decision to Punto , just in case) but just need a small advise.
I am really confused between Emotion & Emotion Pack. for me, Alloys is a must and it is available in Emotion (checked with sales guy). Now, I just want to understand, it is really worth to go with Emotion Pack.
Please advise?
Old 14th June 2009, 12:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
I am almost decided on Linea and most probably will be booking it by Thursday (waiting for Punto Launch, may be I change decision to Punto , just in case) but just need a small advise.
I am really confused between Emotion & Emotion Pack. for me, Alloys is a must and it is available in Emotion (checked with sales guy). Now, I just want to understand, it is really worth to go with Emotion Pack.
Please advise?
Vinay, If you are getting alloys in Emotion , then Emotion PAck only has Blue & Me and Steering Controls additional i guess.

But what i would recomment you to also check is the rear armrest. Emotion Pack has cup holder and a very strange design with black plastics visible when the rear arm rest is pulled down. Emotion and lower models have a better Stronger and Sturdier Box Type Armrest with the back side of armrest wrapped with the same material as the seat covers.

See if the E PAck turns you off because of this flaw. However, i have come over my initial reservation with the rear arm rest design of EPack as i have neatly covered it with Stanley leather.

If B&Me is not a must have for you and the above point makes sense in terms of seat design to you then you have one more point to think before deciding.
Old 14th June 2009, 12:55   #69
BHPian

The Emotion Pack consists of :

Front sealt belt tensioners
Dual Airbags
Blue and Me with USB port
Steering mounted - audio + blue and me ctrls
Alloy Wheels
Old 15th June 2009, 10:29   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Vinay, If you are getting alloys in Emotion , then Emotion PAck only has Blue & Me and Steering Controls additional i guess.

But what i would recomment you to also check is the rear armrest. Emotion Pack has cup holder and a very strange design with black plastics visible when the rear arm rest is pulled down. Emotion and lower models have a better Stronger and Sturdier Box Type Armrest with the back side of armrest wrapped with the same material as the seat covers.
What? Emotion & lower variants have different sturdier rear arm rest & that Black portion is not visible? Are you sure? I never checked any model other than Emotion Pack & never liked Rear Armrest design & that Black portion.
Its like a "Daag" on Italian Beauty. Well my beauty is getting wardrobes today for a great honeymoon ahead
Old 15th June 2009, 10:36   #71
BHPian

Well, a small clarification from a guy who has been following Linea with great interest -

Petrol Emotion has Alloy Wheels whereas in Diesel you get alloy wheels only with Emotion Pack.

BTW, someone here also mentioned that seating in lower versions without height adjuster is much better than Emotion pack. That was a shocker for me as well.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

For me Blue and me has been a great boon. Since i am a doctor i used to get so many calls when i travel in car and most of the time it is not possible to pull up the car and answer the calls. So i used to take the calls while driving putting my life and others in danger. I even got hauled up a couple of times. Now with blue and me i am able to make and handle calls in a jiffy. It is definitely a boon for poeple like us and it is great that linea has it which none of the competitor or even many suv has. It is available only in high end cars.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:20   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Please advise?
Its better for you to go for Emotion Pack. Since i wanted to put my own alloys i went for Emotion and i have installed the PARROT MKi9200 which is really amazing like Blue N Me and the clarity of speakers have improved a lot and additionally i have got I pod cable and Aux in cable apart from Usb Cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Well, a small clarification from a guy who has been following Linea with great interest -
Petrol Emotion has Alloy Wheels whereas in Diesel you get alloy wheels only with Emotion Pack.
BTW, someone here also mentioned that seating in lower versions without height adjuster is much better than Emotion pack. That was a shocker for me as well.
In that case you lower the seat to the max as in case like the other models and you can enjoy the comfort of other models. Actually in all the cars the best seating comfort are the normal seat without seat height adjust ability IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
For me Blue and me has been a great boon. Since i am a doctor i used to get so many calls when i travel in car and most of the time it is not possible to pull up the car and answer the calls. So i used to take the calls while driving putting my life and others in danger. I even got hauled up a couple of times. Now with blue and me i am able to make and handle calls in a jiffy. It is definitely a boon for poeple like us and it is great that linea has it which none of the competitor or even many suv has. It is available only in high end cars.
Yes well said Geeash with Blue N Me or in my case the PARROT MKi9200 is really useful at times or most of the times sice you dont have to search for the phone.
Old 16th June 2009, 01:06   #74
BHPian

Successfully Completed 5220 Kms on my Linea and completed my 1st service. I was with them for the whole 4 Hours.

Things i have noticed so far...

1.Engine has become a lot smoother and the noise has come down to some level and pickup has improved also.

2.The car scrapped on big speed breaker i.e car breaker 4 times and there is not much of visibility under body may be since i have done under body thing so IMO Under body protection is definitely needed ( i dont know why some people say its not needed).

3.I checked my oil with other car which has clocked 2300 Kms and there is no difference at all so i did not tell him to change oil and no oil was topped up also.

4. I feel there is some rusting on the silencer but i did not mind.

5.They gave a fuel additive which to be added with min.10 Lit of diesel. (The guy recommended the whole bottle to be poured ) Cost around Rs.300.

6. Slight screeching noise from left door and its definitely not a rattle. I have to check when i have time.

7. The Front Bumper has scratched a big stone on the left end which they said they will charge Rs.1500/- (He said that whole bumper need not be painted)If the whole bumper has to be painted they will charge Rs.2500 exc.tax. which i said i will do it later sometime.

8. They have checked all the electronics with the computer and there was no problem at all.

9. And one good thing i noted was they did not top up any of the oils on my engine since everything was pucca and the only thing they topped up was wiper water.

10. And for itching number on all the 6 Glasses they charge Rs.1200. which i said i will do it later.

11. Total Bill came to around Rs.300. which i did not pay still, i told them to collect later.(For the additive)

10. And i went o teknocrat to install my PARROT MKi9200 and will come out with the pictures later for the PARROT MKi9200 Thinge.

Any Queries please let me know.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Front Bumper has scratched a big stone on the left end which they said they will charge Rs.1500/-
I think i have been fooled by concorde. I had a small scratch in my bumper which occured due to a cycling maniac. They repainted a small portion of bumper. First they told me that half of the bumper needs to be painted and that would cost 3500/- and then they gave me a discount and charged 2500/-. Seems like a lot of descrepancy here. There must be a single cost for painting the bumper in the inventory. These guys are sometimes overcharging. Does any one have info on the fiat linea authourised charge for painting charge???. They say service and parts are subsdised but they cheat in this painting job.

Most Viewed