Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 09:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

^geeash try contacting concorde on ECR , last time they quoted cheaper rates for painting.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
What? Emotion & lower variants have different sturdier rear arm rest & that Black portion is not visible? Are you sure? I never checked any model other than Emotion Pack & never liked Rear Armrest design & that Black portion.
Its like a "Daag" on Italian Beauty. Well my beauty is getting wardrobes today for a great honeymoon ahead
Yes , and i even wrote to FIAT and told my dealer while booking that i prefer Rear Arm Rest of the lower end models. They said it is not possible to do a special case and i have to take what i get with a particular model as per factory.

Do check them VP, its sturdy enough for kids to sit on top and play around. The EPack arm rest looks suspect in that regard

and do post pictures of your honeymoon dude

Last edited by FastLove : 16th June 2009 at 09:52.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I think i have been fooled by concorde. I had a small scratch in my bumper which occured due to a cycling maniac. They repainted a small portion of bumper. First they told me that half of the bumper needs to be painted and that would cost 3500/- and then they gave me a discount and charged 2500/-. Seems like a lot of descrepancy here. There must be a single cost for painting the bumper in the inventory. These guys are sometimes overcharging. Does any one have info on the fiat linea authourised charge for painting charge???. They say service and parts are subsdised but they cheat in this painting job.
When i asked the service guy there in TATA TAFE he said for small portion of bumper they charge Rs.1500 only and he said it was standard for small or big scratches and for the full bumper it comes around Rs.3000/- inc.tax. I think each and every Service House has different costing which will be more or less Rs.500. IMO. I think FIAT does not have authorized charge for painting since it was always done by TATA
Old 16th June 2009, 10:16   #79
BANNED

Quote:
I think i have been fooled by concorde. I had a small scratch in my bumper which occured due to a cycling maniac. They repainted a small portion of bumper. First they told me that half of the bumper needs to be painted and that would cost 3500/- and then they gave me a discount and charged 2500/-. Seems like a lot of descrepancy here. There must be a single cost for painting the bumper in the inventory. These guys are sometimes overcharging. Does any one have info on the fiat linea authourised charge for painting charge???. They say service and parts are subsdised but they cheat in this painting job.
I got my front bumper changed with painting. The bumper costed me rs. 2500/- & they charged Rs. 3300/- for painting. Before getting it done I checked with Tata company service station in Mumbai & they also carry the same prices
Old 16th June 2009, 10:24   #80
BHPian

And one more important thing i forgot to mention.. I have filled in Nitrogen on my tyres and to my surprise the quality of ride has improved further and the noise of the tyres has come down to some extent, the comfort level has definitely improved further. They charge Rs.50/- for each tyre.

And guys when you wanna upgrade your tyres, my humble opinion please go for Michelin and one more thing always go for OEM Profile. The Michelin tyre is slightly broader than Bridgestone and Good Year for the same profile but i dont know about the other tyres.

I am planning to upgrading my OEM Good Year with Michelin for the same profile after i clock 20,000 kms.

Please Advice
Old 16th June 2009, 10:48   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Yes , and i even wrote to FIAT and told my dealer while booking that i prefer Rear Arm Rest of the lower end models. They said it is not possible to do a special case and i have to take what i get with a particular model as per factory.

Do check them VP, its sturdy enough for kids to sit on top and play around. The EPack arm rest looks suspect in that regard

and do post pictures of your honeymoon dude
Oh. I always wished Fiat should have given those sturdy rear armrest which goes all the way down to surface of the rear seat instead of this hanging-like one in E+ pack. For the ditto same reason - kids to sit on top & play around
Am wondering why Fiat gives better ones in other model & this hanging-like on in E+ Pack?

BTW, the wardrobe is being done today, will post the pics
Old 16th June 2009, 11:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

There is a squeaking noise from rear.might be from the rear arm rest.
I am having Emotion Pack.Somebody said ,the rear armrest is different in rest of linea models.
The Armrest has some plastic inside which is covered by cloth.
If you touch that place you can feel some plastic parts moved uneven.
or the problem is in the rear blind(Service guy told me he has faced the same issue in some other car and is not yet fixed.as they don't know the real cause).

Last edited by aks_karthik : 16th June 2009 at 11:26.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:39   #83
BHPian

I had repainted both my bumpers under warranty. The bill showed Rs.9000 odd. Will post exact details later.

In my case, as the service center knew that the bill was on them, they would have quoted correct amount only na?
Old 16th June 2009, 13:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I got my front bumper changed with painting. The bumper costed me rs. 2500/- & they charged Rs. 3300/- for painting. Before getting it done I checked with Tata company service station in Mumbai & they also carry the same prices
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I had repainted both my bumpers under warranty. The bill showed Rs.9000 odd. Will post exact details later.

In my case, as the service center knew that the bill was on them, they would have quoted correct amount only na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
When i asked the service guy there in TATA TAFE he said for small portion of bumper they charge Rs.1500 only and he said it was standard for small or big scratches and for the full bumper it comes around Rs.3000/- inc.tax. I think each and every Service House has different costing which will be more or less Rs.500. IMO. I think FIAT does not have authorized charge for painting since it was always done by TATA

So it is likely that whole bumper painting itself costs 3000, then why the hell did they charge me 2500/- for painting a small part of the bumper. I am getting furious day by day. Any company must have a standard charge for the work whether it is done by tata or porsche.I think this chennai concorde guys are overcharging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^geeash try contacting concorde on ECR , last time they quoted cheaper rates for painting.
No mate i have already enquired. They dont have the facility to paint linea.Even when you drop the car there, they take it to ambattur for painting job.

Quote:
I have filled in Nitrogen on my tyres and to my surprise the quality of ride has improved further and the noise of the tyres has come down to some extent, the comfort level has definitely improved further. They charge Rs.50/- for each tyre.
From where did you fill it mate!!. Did they remove all the tyres deflate it and then filled nitrogen?. I am also planning to do that. It is available in bridgestone shop in kk nagar in chennai.

Last edited by geeash : 16th June 2009 at 14:01.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:39   #85
BANNED

Ashwin

Check with other dealers in Chennai - the cost of painting whole front & rear bumper. Just one call will do.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:37   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
9. And one good thing i noted was they did not top up any of the oils on my engine since everything was pucca and the only thing they topped up was wiper water.
In these modern days, none of the fluids need top up in between services except for the windshield washer fluid and the battery.

Even in my Marina, there has been no topups so far.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:46   #87
BHPian

Sorry to just change the topic.....
I hope most of you have seen this link -
Blog Archive ecorive - Fiat’s way of making good drivers

As it works with Blue & Me, did anyone tried it their Linea......Looks like a good feature
Old 16th June 2009, 23:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Sorry to just change the topic.....
I hope most of you have seen this link -
Blog Archive ecorive - Fiat’s way of making good drivers

As it works with Blue & Me, did anyone tried it their Linea......Looks like a good feature
works only with the following :Fiat 500, Bravo,Panda, Panda 100HP, Panda 4*4,Multipla,Sedici,Dobla and Grande Punto
Old 17th June 2009, 12:26   #89
BHPian

Quote:
From where did you fill it mate!!. Did they remove all the tyres deflate it and then filled nitrogen?. I am also planning to do that. It is available in bridgestone shop in kk nagar in chennai.
i filled Nitrogen on my tyres at SRI LAL TYRES near Royapattah. Do it fast you will know the difference.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

Too much work to do in weekends
1. I need to get a new mobile phone compatible with linea
2. Visit tecknokrat for enquiring about upgrading speakers
3. Visit stanley
4. Fix reverse parking sensors
5. Fill nitrogen in tyres

Oh! god give me a break.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks