Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 21:18   #121
BANNED

Thanks GTO

A Honest review on the Jazz..

Some how i feel this is not going to be a hit in chennai market.i20 feels like VFM and the quality and design of interior and exterior are better in it.

Jazz may be a car for RICH or customers looking for exclusivity ,or people who have money but not space to park a big car

All the Best Honda
Old 10th June 2009, 21:19   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

my theory is that the so-called premium manufacturers are not targeting the first-car buyers, but buyers that want an additional car for *other* members of the family.

OT: To GTO,
The members including myself have immense regard for you, and anybody who has been around on the forum for awhile would know that your integrity is non-negotiable. I am no Al Pacino at this talk :-) and I was a bit hurt by your response to @greenhorn.

For few reasons: being well-to-do and not having commercial interests does not automatically translate to unbiased reviews. I guess the question @greenhorn raised (if I understood it correctly) is very relevant and needs some explanation. I always thought the information on this forum is the sacred independent opinion sans any manufacturer shadow. The credibility this forum has is unbelievable. Do these seller-organized reviews command the same credibility as our old-fashioned independent reviews? Will members be still encouraged to provide their own independent reviews like before when a professionally-done review already exists? IMHO, delayed independent reviews are more useful than early-seller-organized review.

Trust me I am no car buff, but I like this forum for many of its qualities and been a regular here. I liked how it was explained why you went for displaying ads on the site even though you did not have to explain to the members.

Long rant. Just thought I should tell how I felt.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Great review there GTO. Glad to see that auto manufacturers respect TEAM-BHP. Signs of good things.

The pricing is sure jacked up for the jazz. Just consider this

Ex-showroom Prices for PUNE (as displayed on manufacturer's websites on 10-Jun-2009)
  • Jazz Active - 7.59 lakhs
  • i20 Asta (O) - 5.87 lakhs
  • Fiat Linea Emotion Pk (Petrol) - 7.15 lakhs
And to imagine that people were so annoyed with Fiat offering a sedan with 1.3 litre petrol engine. (kerb weight of 1240 kg)

And now Honda offers a hatch back with a 1.2 litre petrol engine at the price that is higher than/equal to/close to the top end petrol sedans from Fiat, Maruti and Ford.

You surely need those magic seats to carry enough cash to pay for it (assuming you drive into the showroom in their demo/test car) and all those cup holders to keep your family members cool when you tell them how much you paid for it.

Last edited by pjbiju : 10th June 2009 at 21:30.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:25   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
just saw the honda jazz ad on mtv - the car looks good on screen, and their slogan is "why so serious"
Looks like they weren't so serious about selling the car and hence skimped on goodies and priced it so high

I havent seen that ad but that is the dialogue of 'Joker' from the Batman movie. If so, quite apt too.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:28   #125
BHPian

Great review GTO! But poor show, Honda.

GTO, congrats on the review! Second official review after Ritz. I'm very happy that car manufacturers are taking TBHP seriously. Have always been proud to be part of this community.

I'm not at all surprised about the practicality of the car. Always felt such cars are the future of urbanites. But, sadly and again not surprisingly Honda is still in a milking mode. I would say this is a big opportunity missed.

While Honda seems to be harping on whether Indians are willing to dish out a premium for a hatchback, they seem to forget that such cars are about premium features in the first place. I would have bought this car at even 8.2 OTR Bangalore, if it gave me all the premium features like the Fabia or the i20.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, the fact that they have a variant offering mud-flaps, et al as extra shows Honda is out to make a killing on just about anything, no matter how basic it might seem.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I havent seen that ad but that is the dialogue of 'Joker' from the Batman movie. If so, quite apt too
Yes it is the tagline of the Honda jokers in jazz movie for pricing it so unreachable. Honda does not want to be serious about the sales and thats why " why so serious" tagline has propped.

who would buy a hatch when sedans are available for the same money!!!.

Last edited by geeash : 10th June 2009 at 21:37.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:40   #127
BHPian

this has got to be a joke by Honda. For this price, they really must be fools to think they could pull off a daylight robbery.

I just wonder if most manufacturers think we're people roaming around with IDIOTS written on our foreheads with a neon glow marker??

Insane pricing and p|ss poor features. VFM = non existent
Old 10th June 2009, 21:46   #128
BHPian

Yawn. The Fusion was this & much more. In 2005. Take notes, Ford - know your market. And know your marketing.

However I'm skeptical if even Honda can pull this off. Econowagons for Eight+ lakhs?
Old 10th June 2009, 21:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

When people were shocked to hear the price of Jazz, Honda just grinned 'Why so serious? Its a Honda!'
Old 10th June 2009, 22:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

i think if i am in the market for a hatch and hatch only (not sedan) i will still not buy a honda jazz - as there are more premium hatches available at 2L lesser
And obviously if i am in the market for sedan, then i wont buy the jazz either

Last edited by jassi : 10th June 2009 at 22:12.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:05   #131
BHPian

Is it true that Honda has left out the spare wheel in jazz? Can someone confirm or deny?
Old 10th June 2009, 22:22   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Bonda

Pay Rs 2 lakh extra for just the H Badge(look at any of their models and compare them with the closest equivalent and that is the approximate premium you pay).

Having driven/ridden in the Accord,CRV,City V-TEC,ZX,ANHC in India,UAE and the US , all I can say is there isn't anything phenomenal in a H that a Hyundai or a Maruti Suzuki doesn't offer.

Also,for City Driving even 8.9 bhp should suffice

My take is that barring power, the i20 is the best combo of style,substance,features and price today.

The Swift DZire Sedan is anyday a much superior overall package compared to the JAZZ H Hatch.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Will members be still encouraged to provide their own independent reviews like before when a professionally-done review already exists? IMHO, delayed independent reviews are more useful than early-seller-organized review.
Just a thought on that point.

The car may be seller organised. But should we term both the Ritz and the Jazz reviews as 'professionally-done reviews'?

To me, it seems that GTO put in a lot of thought and effort to present his view of the car in a structured detailed manner. And hence it has the flavour of a professional writeup. This is something that any other forum member is free to do.

For eg, I'm sure there are others on this forum too, who are pretty capable of putting up another detailed review of the Jazz - in the same thread or a separate thread - with a difference of opinion, if any. And that too would be acceptable. In fact, we should all feel empowered to do so. That would be in line with the spirit of the forum.

The general debate on reviews, though, is kind of off-topic. Maybe the posts could be moved to the T-BHP suggestions thread.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:34   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
But I differ here. For me it sounds more like a station wagon sort of car. The Wheelbase is almost equal or even more than the normal sedans in market.

My Aveo has 2480mm and Jazz has 2500mm. So, I am considering this as something like Tata Indigo marina.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:39   #135
Senior - BHPian

excellent car, good looks, amazing features, absurd pricing.

Though I feel it will still sell, may be in lower volumes (remember iPhone pricing in India)

Good for Honda for they started with just one model, they should drop the price to realistic level, launch AT box and make some more money in volumes rather than duping a select few of the buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks