Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 20:50   #46
BHPian

I just booked a Sparkle blue i20 Asta around 20 days ago. Expected delivery is 20th of june, my birthday. I feel it provides the best features in its class, and it has everything that I wanted + more. I already have an accord, a civic, and a tavera so was looking for a smaller car, but I wanted something that could pamper me, and the i20 seems perfect. I did feel that the engine lacked a bit of zing but its fine as I am quite a relaxed driver. I am quite busy these days so I dont have much time for a PDI, but I am going to take the checklist with me and check all the details at the time of delivery. Its quite comprehensive and a must have for all new car buyers. Here is the link for Shyamtanu.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html

PS - My first post on Team-BHP
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Since you mention the steering. I found the following post where reppy talks about i20's oversensitive steering. Any thoughts?
CBlazer, I think I was too harsh on the i20 there. I had a nice 15 km test drive of the car yesterday. Drove it on NH-8 upto 120 kmph, braked hard, accelerated hard, turned steering hard (on NH-8 as well as in traffic). The car is a dream to drive and absolutely stress-free, since it is light on the clutch, gearbox and steering. There's is some high-speed road noise though.

I think the steering being oversensitive is true. I also think that it can be rectified a bit by upsizing the tires - which I've seen TBHP member anoops do by going up to Yokos 195/55 R15.

Anyways, I'm planning to book one (if all goes well) and I'll considering upsizing the tires after driving around for some time. Will keep ya posted!

PS: Does anyone know if K&N filters void the warranty? - that'll give this car that extra bit of punch it needs IMO..
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

@appuchan and Openroad,
Do post in your detailed experience of the i20.
You will be doing a great service to ppl like me who are waiting in the wings to buy the car.

@Openroad - Since you have the Magna model, can you please post the pictures of the cars interiors? So far have only come across Asta's interior pictures.

Many thanks and looking forward to your posts.

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2009, 16:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I think the steering being oversensitive is true. I also think that it can be rectified a bit by upsizing the tires - which I've seen TBHP member anoops do by going up to Yokos 195/55 R15.
Well, thanks. And great to know you'll be booking one soon. Congrats to all those who've booked the car. I see a new i20 near my office every other week - the car seems to be getting increasingly popular. I think the sales would shoot up if they bring in more engine options - of course without compromising on features.

I had asked this question on another thread. Regarding the engine power/refinement - how does the i20 compare with the Getz 1.3? I've driven a colleague's Getz 1.3 and am trying to get a comparison between the two.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:29   #50
BHPian

@ hiren, sure will post the pics and a detailed feedback. Anything specific you want in the interior pics, let me know. Will get the pics uploaded tomorrow.
Old 23rd June 2009, 06:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
It will be 6.4 on road Pune registration with 3rd year extended warranty (3.5 thousand approx). The company provided 2 year unlimited kms within the price already.
I was told that Hyundai does not offer an extended warranty on the i20 yet. Is this true or false?

Shyamtanu, is your extended warranty given by the dealer or some third-party or is it given by the Hyundai company? Also, is it a bumper-to-bumper warranty or does it exclude certain parts? If so, which parts?
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroad View Post
@ hiren, sure will post the pics and a detailed feedback. Anything specific you want in the interior pics, let me know. Will get the pics uploaded tomorrow.
Thanks openroad. If I am not mistaken the magna model does not have the ACC, so would love the see the dashboard with normal AC controls. So please, could you oblige.

Of course pictures of interiors in general will also do just fine.

Cheers
Old 30th June 2009, 16:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
I was told that Hyundai does not offer an extended warranty on the i20 yet. Is this true or false?

Shyamtanu, is your extended warranty given by the dealer or some third-party or is it given by the Hyundai company? Also, is it a bumper-to-bumper warranty or does it exclude certain parts? If so, which parts?
I shall have to see the paperwork, but it is expected to cover everything except plastic and electric parts like bulb, fuse etc. I have GOT the car now, hold on... a very detailed review is on your way with loads of photos... just getting the internet sorted out at home. Can't do that from office. Overall, the car is really cool! For who feels it is underpowered, I saw the manual asks to drive it in 2000 to 4000 rev range, I do not need to go past 2000 in city drive... should tell you a lot about the low end torque.. which is comparavle to diesel if you think of the rpm, is not it? I find it like a diesel in terms of torque in low rpms (below 1500) but above that... its pure gasoline all the way, you need to be careful with anything above 2500, it does not want to slow down.. cruises effortlessly. Most smooth engine I have across... and it is all aluminium.

Cheers!

Last edited by Shyamtanu : 30th June 2009 at 16:15.
Old 17th April 2014, 23:29   #54

Re: Hyundai i20 - Test Driven, Booked

To experience i20 petrol you need to be e certain kind of driver. Driving is not about jack rabbit acceleration, hard breaking, unneeded overtaking, quick lane changes and high speed cornering. If u are a city driver you need to do exactly the opposite of these things. Remember when you are driving with passengers on board then they will praise you if you are a smooth driver and i20 is the best tool that literally forces you to be the smoothest driver of all. Its a fantastic car so refined that it makes the swift feel prehistoric.

I have easily touched 100kmph @ 2500 rpm, have gone over flyways with full load of 5 on board and luggage an A/C on with ease. Its not a drag racer or a rally car, its a pure city car and it does its job wonderfully. Even on expressways i have gone constantly at 120kmph with full load with ease. May be with a 1.4 petrol it would have done better but who cares?? You should know how to drive a particular car to experience it better.

Most Viewed