Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 21:01   #1
BHPian

Palio 1.6 Stile - 8000kms report

Well, times do fly and I write my ownership experience in the same forum that advised me to buy the Palio 1.6 over the Swift. And boys, you were are all bang on right ! Driving a palio for me is not an experience but an outright addiction. So, the following ownership report comes from an addict who cannot be rehabilitated till the Palio 1.6 goes out of this world

Here's the summary with positives first (the optimist that I am ) -

Absolutely amazing drive experience - Done most of the 8K kms on the highway and it annihilates other cars (like Swift,Getz,Fiesta and other pretenders) beyond the 90-100kph mark. The surge and power is outstanding and the precise steering and heavy build pampers you to go for the final kill on any stretch. Mahmud of Ghazni(my car ofcourse!) is still alive and plunders at will

Hold your breath now - I swear by God on every word that follows - In city mileage - 11-12 Kpl ( Shell unleaded from Day1, 50% AC on) , Highway mileage - 16 kpl ( Always with AC) . Believe me, I am not writing this with a hangover.BTW, the AC is a blast at full power.

Service - Fuel pump freaked out and got it replaced under warranty, wipers had some electrical issues which were again covered by warranty. I would rate the service by concorde motors - 7.5/10

Cabin silence - Not the best at top speeds. The fan makes a commotion during and after the drive. Silence factor rating - 7 /10.

I broke my left ORVM in my parking lot but haven't replaced it yet as the vestigial organ costs 3.5K !!! My car still runs with a small bandage like a hero in a western movie.

Powerful, lots of grunt, obedient and possesive. That's how I would summarise my experience till now. I have run out of time now but will be back with more specs and techs tomorrow.
rganeshiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2009, 21:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

speaking like a true palio-head :P
Old 11th June 2009, 21:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

short and sweet review there.
why not spice it up with some outdoor pictures and other details .
when and where did you buy it, what are the on board accessories ,ice any other modifications?
Old 11th June 2009, 22:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice brief review! Palio 1.6 rocks!
Old 11th June 2009, 22:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lovely review. Palio rocks!!
Old 11th June 2009, 22:35   #6
BHPian

Nice review, Good to see that you get such a wonderful mileage. Enjoy your drive
Old 12th June 2009, 00:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Lovely review that echoes my sentiments! Those FE figures are good and definitely achievable on the 1.6.

Please do get your OVRM replaced and use them regularly - they can save you a lot of heartburn later.

Enjoy a great car to the max.

Cheers,
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:20   #8
BHPian

Advice sought - Palio breakdown

Today has been a very mixed day. In the morning, I went and booked a LINEA T_JET+ and also sold my Palio 1.6 in parallel to a nice techie. He dropped me home and drove away with sheer delight of having bought his first (used) car. Though it turned out to be a bad day for him.Apprarently the car's accelerator stopped responding all of a sudden as he was driving this evening and infact the pedal moved freely in the well. He called to take my advice and I was quite shocked that he had this issue with a well maintained car like mine. He waited for a couple of hours on the road and the car was towed away by Concorde motors. He has been told that the problem will be diagnosed on Monday.

What do you all think the issue could be ? Would it just be a cut throttle cable or worse ? Could anything have seriously gone wrong ( like drive shaft etc) . I feel bad for the guy so would like to be in Concorde with him on Monday morning and help him resolve it.
Old 24th June 2012, 05:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice sought - Palio breakdown

if cable is cut, it can be checked by looking under the bonnet and asking someone to press the pedal and see if there is relative movement at the end of the cable at the throttle body. Was the engine idling all along? clutch, gears all OK?
Old 24th June 2012, 09:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice sought - Palio breakdown

Usually a cut cable. As long as the accelarator pedal is not electronic, you need not worry much. From what you indicate, the cable could have been cut maybe due to age or bad quality in the linkages.
Old 26th June 2012, 12:50   #11
BHPian

Re: Palio 1.6 Stile - 8000kms report

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
Well, times do fly and I write my ownership experience in the same forum that advised me to buy the Palio 1.6 over the Swift. And boys, you were are all bang on right ! Driving a palio for me is not an experience but an outright addiction. So, the following ownership report comes from an addict who cannot be rehabilitated till the Palio 1.6 goes out of this world
Enjoyed reading that report. And as extreme_torque said, "spoken like a true Palio head".

I love the way you chose this monster over a swift. Plus you've got 100 bhp under that hood, so that's got to be a sweet deal on open roads. How's the torque on this car? Do you find you can launch from zero with just a clutch release? Even a controlled clutch release, or does the engine stall? That's the main reason why I went for a diesel Palio stile, cause of the torque and driveability (and also cause I'm a total diesel head!).

And yes, apart from the tiny niggles and issues, driving the Palio IS an addiction. I sort of have this feeling inside, that I'll buy a 1.6 GTX Palio in the next year or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks