Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 14:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ashwin! Enjoy the Italian beauty!
Old 15th June 2009, 00:32   #17
BHPian

Congrats Ashwin,

Did you ever notice a guy ogling at your Linea till his neck hurts while he is jogging? That's me! Man, Linea looks hopelessly beautiful in black. Oomph!

Maybe we can catch up sometime, as I stay nearby.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:21   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Nice Interiors dude. Are they Napa Leather ?? and please post pictures of the rear armrest . how did stanley manage that ?
Yes, post some pics of Rear Armrest - closed as well as open / pulled down.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Car looks very good in Black Color.
Seats are fine and what's the brand ? Stanley?
Have you changed the Door pads and Front/Rear armrest with leathers?
How much did you spend for it?
Old 15th June 2009, 13:30   #20
BHPian

linea in black looks rich maan!
nice seats too!
Old 15th June 2009, 13:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride!

Since you also drive a Corolla, obviously Linea would feel much underpowered. However, how does it fare in handling and ride departments? Better/worse than Corolla?
Old 15th June 2009, 16:42   #22
BHPian

great car looks ssexxyy!!! congratulations!!
Old 15th June 2009, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Congrats! I have a Black Linea and live in Pune too! It's my favourite colour on the car.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:40   #24

Though it's severely underpowered compared to Corolla, it holds its own in driveability, handling, cornering etc. Acceleration, of course not. Brakes are great,thanks to ABS.

The seats are in Stanley leather - seats and the front/rear armrests. I got only the seat fronts done in real leather & the seatbacks - which don't touch your skin - are in faux leather. The seats cost me Rs 25K (30K in all-leather). Bafna Cars on Bhandarkar Rd, Pune are very good - recommend them highly. I got all accessories done by them (Llumar film etc). Don't go got the 'leather' seat covers sold by Fiat - they don't even begin to compare with these.

I hate the unbalanced numbering on the registration plates. They serve as the necessary blemish for the otherwise perfect looks of Linea! I do intend to get them done in the 'standard' format - the Govt is apparently going to announce the norms for standardized embossed fluorescent registration plates.

Manish, feel free to drop by to ogle at the Linea some more. Here are a few more snaps of the leather interiors.

Did someone say Jazz? Why so serious? It's utterly laughable when you can get a fully-loaded, feature-packed work of art like Linea for the same price!

- Ashwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Ahonkan,

Beautiful choice, inside out car looks extremely good. You have a good taste.
So hows the car doing? How many kms have you done? Are you facing any plastic part issues or rattling sounds? Some members are facing it, even am not facing it so thought of asking you.

So black and Golden have big waiting lists, i thought it was only for black.
> 2K kms in 2+ months. Zero problems with plastic thingies, whatever they may be. I am naturally biased, but my choices for Linea colours would be black, Pearly White, Gold, Red & Silver. Red is low for me because it's the most common (65%, someone said). Silver & Gold are a bit dull. Pearly White looks rich and black is downright beautiful.

- Ashwin

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineabackfromfront.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineabackseats.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineabackseats2.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineafrontseats.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineafrontseats2.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineagenuinestanley.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-reararmrestclosed.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-reararmrestopen.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-linearb.jpg  

My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-lineatop.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th June 2009 at 19:58.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:15   #25
BHPian

Congrats

Dear Ashwin,
Congrats for your Black Linea, I also have the black one but its MJD. Seat covers are really looking fine, unfortunately here in Ahmedabad we do not have this branded versions and so still driving with the factory fitted fabric seats. Looking for more 'practical' experience of driving Linea.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:02   #26
SSN
BHPian

Congratulations. I too have a black Petrol Linea. Your seat covers look really great. Worth every penny spent I should say. Enjoy the admiration.
Old 15th June 2009, 23:57   #27
BHPian

Dude, your seat covers so very close to mine in temrs of the color and fit. NEat work by stanley.

Would have been complete if you had coaxed them to cover the black plastic part when you open the rear arm rest. I never liked it about E Pack from Day 1.

chk them out https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...cs-pg2-10.html

maybe they can design it for you now

Last edited by FastLove : 16th June 2009 at 00:05.
Old 16th June 2009, 08:47   #28
BHPian

Nice seats, love the color; very upmarket even. However, i see too many folds in the rear seats, specially near the headrests. Would've expected Stanley to give a better fit for all the money that they charge. If I were u, I'd go back and ask them to fix it. It should be like a skin fit, devoid of any folds, specially around the corners. A lose fit will only get worse with weight and time. U paid good money; don't let it be for that Stanley badge.

PS : I've struck a deal to get tan/burnt orange genuine leather interiors in my Linea. This would include all seats, door panels, gear boot shroud, handbrake shroud and armrests for 26k. oh yeah, this also includes conversion of front seats into bucket seats with additional blostering on the sides and padding for underthigh support.
Old 16th June 2009, 08:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yes it would have been nice if thy had done the black plastic also. But not to take away the credit, the seats look fantabulous. I have to make up my mind to make up some money!!!!
Old 16th June 2009, 09:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Nice seats, love the color; very upmarket even. However, i see too many folds in the rear seats, specially near the headrests. Would've expected Stanley to give a better fit for all the money that they charge. If I were u, I'd go back and ask them to fix it. It should be like a skin fit, devoid of any folds, specially around the corners. A lose fit will only get worse with weight and time. U paid good money; don't let it be for that Stanley badge.

PS : I've struck a deal to get tan/burnt orange genuine leather interiors in my Linea. This would include all seats, door panels, gear boot shroud, handbrake shroud and armrests for 26k. oh yeah, this also includes conversion of front seats into bucket seats with additional blostering on the sides and padding for underthigh support.
I agree , i did find that the fit is a little not to the "stanley "mark. Though it is a great looking seat now.

Ghost , interesting choice of colors . You doing Stanley ?? looking forward to pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks