Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 15:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I agree , i did find that the fit is a little not to the "stanley "mark. Though it is a great looking seat now.

Ghost , interesting choice of colors . You doing Stanley ?? looking forward to pictures
Stanley prices are way over the top for me!!! Got a quote of 38 K for mix of real and art leather; higher side of 50 k for real leather; 80k for nappa leather.

Found a friend of a friend, who's been in the Auto interiors business for the last 30 years! Does a lot of high end luxury cars. Agreed to do mine as a special one off for low rates , with a promise of exclusivity whereas the design is concerned. Had everything dismantled this morning to be shipped to his workshop. Here's a pic of the mess!
Attached Thumbnails
My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)-linea.jpg  

Old 16th June 2009, 17:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Stanley prices are way over the top for me!!! Got a quote of 38 K for mix of real and art leather; higher side of 50 k for real leather; 80k for nappa leather.

Found a friend of a friend, who's been in the Auto interiors business for the last 30 years! Does a lot of high end luxury cars. Agreed to do mine as a special one off for low rates , with a promise of exclusivity whereas the design is concerned. Had everything dismantled this morning to be shipped to his workshop. Here's a pic of the mess!
Yes Stanley surely charges a premium. but i am very satisfied (it easily looks worth more than the 25k i paid ) with their work on my linea .

It is really painful to see the beauty in a mess although temporarily

Give her the new wardrobe soon and post the pictures.

btw, ensure that the re fit is done perfectly so that you dont experience rattles like so many others are already complaining.

Last edited by FastLove : 16th June 2009 at 17:20.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:28   #33
BHPian

@ FastLove - I was just going to post the same thing! Thankfully in my case I did not get anything fitted from outside!
Old 16th June 2009, 22:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is really painful to see the beauty in a mess although temporarily
I have had a heart attack seeing the picture!!. I have made up my mind to leave the car at the shop premises and never look back when i go for seat covers. I dont think i can digest seeing my beauty dismantled.
Old 17th June 2009, 08:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!Tame the black beauty well.as you said,the best colors are Black,White then come maroon for me.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:20   #36
BHPian

Nice review mate..

Ashwin,Nice review and equally nice snaps. The photographs were reminding me of some familar location , the subsequent mention of Corsa and Corolla solved the puzzle. I live in same locality. Linea is true VFM and I find prominant resembalance to Corolla in some angles (although the later is notch above in class and pricing)

I am also in market for new car (Palio Sports is already 4.5 yrs old), the reviews for Linea from fellow members and yourself are real positive. My bias towards Fiat is winning fast over the apprehensions around other factors.

Sandeep
Old 29th August 2009, 11:37   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Nice Interiors dude. Are they Napa Leather ?? and please post pictures of the rear armrest . how did stanley manage that ?
45 K for Stanley's Nappa in my opinion is not worth it. It is just a flat look printed leather and not the best leather you can put into a car. Feels close to plastic. Stanley satin leather offers better value I think. But then I guess in Pune there is not much of a choice unlike Bangalore But the seats look good in the photos. But 45 K is better spent on the natural grain swedish leather seats that Karlsson in Bangalore produces. They have very exclusive leather made by Elmo leather AB, Sweden and 45 K is what Karlsson quotes for a Linea in Elmotech leather. Leather produced by Elmo is renowned worldwide for luxury seating. But Karlsson products are only available in South India at the moment !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks