Team-BHP - My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My new Linea! (Black Petrol Emotion Pack) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60323-my-new-linea-black-petrol-emotion-pack.html)

Hello all,
My very first post.

I decided on the Linea as soon as I read the specs & saw the pics. Booked (Pandit Auto, Pune) on Jan 19, right after test-driving on the 16th, a day after it was displayed in the showrooms. Decided to 'splurge'
by going for the top-end Emotion Pack in petrol (put barely 10K city-only kms/ year, so diesel not worth it). I missed the chance to take delivery in late delivery and finally got my hands on the shiny new black beauty only in early April, about 2.5 months after booking!
2 months and 2K kms later, here is my initial ownership report:

* For starters, it's definitely a head-turner, esp in black. (Love the pearly white too, but chose black since my Corolla was pearl mica white, an identical shade). Don't believe it? See the photos!
* Spent over Rs 45K in getting Stanley leather seats (factory-provided velour seats are nothing much to write home about), black film on all windows to cut the sun, protective coating for the body, anti-rust
coating for the underside, parking sensors for the back and quality cleaning materials.
* Blu&Me is a breeze to use, very intuitive and (very) loud, with conveniently located mic (near rearview mirror stem). The flash mem slot is inconveniently located in the glove compartment and it is tricky
to choose exactly what you want to hear from the flash mem stick. I love the driver's armrest though there is not enough storage in the front (none on the dash, can't keep 1L water bottles in the door
pockets or in front cup holder slots).
* Good height adjustment of the driver seat, which, coupled with tilt steering enables a comfortable driving position with the soft leather covered steering wheel & wheel-mounted audio & Bluetooth controls.
* Great seating in the back with adequate legroom and a welcome rear AC vent in the center (behind parking brake). Very useful pull-out fabrich mesh glare cutter for the rear windshield. Interesting limp
wiper blades in front that work well. Excellent headlamps, rear lamps & fog lights. Trunk large enough to sleep 3 adults - so large that you may lose your balance trying to reach its far end! Largest trunk I have seen.

Now, the drive. I have been driving a Corolla (1.8E, 122 bhp) & a Corsa Sail (1.4, 90 bhp) for past 5-6 years. The Corolla drive experience is unmatched and so let's not expect that from a Linea. Esp since you
ar lugging a larger body weight than Corolla's (1380 kgs vs 1300?) with an engine comparable to the Sail's (Linea has 1.4L, 90 bhp in petrol)! So the engine does feel underpowered, esp climbing the ghat from Mumbai to Pune. It's noisy too (engine noise is noticeable from inside the cabin). Maybe it's a fault of my driving style, but the acceleration from low speeds (in high gear) is positively lethargic. However, you are not going to feel anything in the stop-stop-lurch-stop-go driving in Pune or Mumbai.

So don't let my warning deter you from going for a Linea.
I am getting excellent mileage (13 for a city-hwy mix) with the AC on all the time. The ride is smooth even over bumps and it's really a pleasure to drive this beautiful car. In fact, I am planning many (very) long drives to enjoy this driver's car.

In summary, I give Linea Two Thumbs Up!

- Ashwin

Ahonkan,

Glad that one more Linea owner joins the party clap: I too own a Linea petrol.
Car is a beauty from outside and even more in black but what i am interested in some interior pics please to see that Stanley leather seats.
Black color with leather interiors clap: beautiful.

Congrats again.

Oooohhh! Boy this babe makes me go weak on my knees. Black is the color to go for. Congrats ahonkan! Post some interior pics of the Stanley leather.

Congratulations Dude ! You got a winner there ! Welcome to the Linea Club! clap:

and why would you just mention Stanley Leather and not give us a peak into it ? ! :Shockked:

Cant wait to see the interior pics ..

welcome aboard the linea team-bhp ship. Fisrt congrats on your purchase.

An interesting fact is that i am Dr.ashwin and i own a fiat linea emotion petrol too :) a mere coincidence.

welcome to the Linea club. Congrats.

welcome to the TBHP Linea club. And congrats on your purchase.

Hmm, seem like there are 20+ Linea owners on TBHP now.

Congrats Ashwin! You've just bought yourself the most beautiful sedan in the country. Looks even more gorgeous in black. And yeah, welcome to team-bhp!

congrats on your buy
black beauty looks awesome!

Hello all,
Thanks for your wishes. I was somehow unable to attach more photos.
But I could add them now. If these are not good, I can take some more
and post them.
Enjoy!

- Ashwin

Welcome aboard
Yehi hai right choice baby
How was your buying experience?
any service station visit experience?

My experience with Pandit Auto was top-notch. They kept me updated on the
(lack of) progress on delivery and offered to give delivery in a different colour
since the deliveries of black (& gold) were taking too long a time. No service
station visits yet, thankfully! Will be taking the car for 3-month service soon.

I checked with the other dealer in Pune, BU Bhandari, to see if I could get the
delivery faster from there. Despite knowing that I had booked with Pandit Auto,
they were very helpful and showed me all the colours they had (Pandit Auto
did not have the black).

So I have nothing to complain about. Except for the registration. Even after
70 days, I still haven't got the registration certificate or copy of the insurance
policy. But then, these are problems with the RTO Pune & Reliance Insu &
not the dealer.

- Ashwin

Ahonkan,

Beautiful choice, inside out car looks extremely good. You have a good taste. clap:
So hows the car doing? How many kms have you done? Are you facing any plastic part issues or rattling sounds? Some members are facing it, even am not facing it so thought of asking you.

So black and Golden have big waiting lists, i thought it was only for black.

Nice Interiors dude. Are they Napa Leather ?? and please post pictures of the rear armrest . how did stanley manage that ?

Excellent colour for Linea. Though I am not particularly impressed with the current number plate. The letter and number spacing looks out of sync. It would look much better with an HSRP.