Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:54   #16
BHPian

Very good report . Your alloys are really awesome. Haven't seen a better looking i10 than yours.
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:58   #17
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi NevGin,

Nice car + superb looking alloys + shoes + nice write up

Looks like you are enjoying yourself driving the i10.

On an auto box, we generally tend to push it a lot more than a manual (where we have to take the foot of the accelerator to change the gear). Try the same while driving an auto. When you feel that you have reached an rpm and speed in a particular gear (an engine speed at which you would normally change in a manual box), ease the pressure of your right foot. You would notice the auto shifting to a higher gear. It works very well for me in my 4 speed Corolla auto. Mileage has improved and takes a bit of time to get used to this sort of driving.

Last edited by MAS : 4th August 2009 at 00:10. Reason: Changed words
Old 4th August 2009, 00:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi NevGin,

On an auto box, we generally tend to push it a lot more than a manual (where we have to take the foot of the accelerator to change the gear). Try the same while driving an auto. When you feel that you have reached an rpm and speed in a particular gear (an engine speed at which you would normally change in a manual box), ease the pressure of your right foot. You would notice the auto shifting to a higher gear. It works very well for me in my 4 speed Corolla auto. Mileage has improved and takes a bit of time to get used to this sort of driving.

Very well explained MAS. I do exactly the same. Perfect way to drive in the city or even cruise. Double digit mileage figures are easy that way. Try it Nev.
Old 4th August 2009, 13:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Very well explained MAS. I do exactly the same. Perfect way to drive in the city or even cruise. Double digit mileage figures are easy that way. Try it Nev.
Thanks. I have been successful in doing as you mentioned for the first 3 gears but I have not perfected getting it to go into the 4th (OD ratio). Will test on some open stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi NevGin,

Thanks MAS. I am going to pay more attention to how I depress and release the gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Very good report . Your alloys are really awesome. Haven't seen a better looking i10 than yours.
I appreciate that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Great report there. Its good to see you are enjoying every bit of your i10 AT. Just curious though, was 11.4 kpl what you got on your highway runs? What was your constant speed 130 kph?

About the service station, why dont you try the company owned HMP service station? Where in Mumbai are you put up anyways?
Thanks Dippy. Yes I will use HMP henceforth. I am located in Bandra West. Mileage was 25% city 75% Highway. For constant speed I was keeping the car to 120 kmph
Old 8th August 2009, 15:22   #20
BHPian

Car care products used on our cars

Seen below are the car care products used on all our cars. The shampoo is new and I have yet to try it. The leather and dashboard cleaners are very effective and lasts very long
Attached Thumbnails
Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update-img_0168.jpg  

Last edited by NevGin : 8th August 2009 at 15:24.
Old 8th August 2009, 15:38   #21
knp
BHPian

wow...nice car care products!!
Old 8th August 2009, 16:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
wow...nice car care products!!
Thanks knp. I am targetting to buy an orbital polishing machine next
Old 9th August 2009, 22:37   #23
BHPian

Child Seat

Here are some pictures of the child seat we use for our 14 month old
Attached Thumbnails
Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update-img_0186.jpg  

Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update-img_0184.jpg  

Old 9th August 2009, 22:48   #24
BHPian

After a some shampoo and Polish

The Armorall car shampoo was excellent! I intend using it twice a month as it easily removes marks on the paint easily
Attached Thumbnails
Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update-img_0174.jpg  

Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update-img_0179.jpg  

Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update-img_0180.jpg  

Old 9th August 2009, 23:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Did you get up really early and go to Carter Road for those shots? Hehe. Your love for the car shows. And an impressive range of car care products you have there. I'm cetrainl going to take some tips from you.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Did you get up really early and go to Carter Road for those shots? Hehe. Your love for the car shows. And an impressive range of car care products you have there. I'm cetrainl going to take some tips from you.
Yes I did in fact! LOL. Started at 6:30 AM. Took the shots at about 10:00 AM.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:10   #27
BHPian

Background music...

We had been hearing a sound as if an empty plastic vegetable oil can was tied to the bumper and dragging behind while driving. Yes, it does sound comical but I thought it was the suspension and was suddenly worried that the alloys and oversize were fouling the suspension. Marched off this morning at 7:30 AM to the HMP workshop at Cotton Green.

I reached a good 30 mins before they opened. Finally I related the above to the service advisor. He took the car immediately into the workshop and attacked the roof antennae. Said it was loose and that the overhang was causing it to hit the roof and make that noise. Antennae tightened and tilted close to 45 degrees, we are off on a test drive.

Not a sound. Tried all kinds of potholes and bumps to replicate the sound. All silent! Apparently this is a known complaint. But I must say I never had this experience when owing the Swift or for that matter my good old Opel Sail.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:14   #28
Team-BHP Support

All is well that ends well

It feels nice when small things cure what was suspected to be very serious, doesn't it ?
Old 22nd August 2009, 18:55   #29
BHPian

Hi i have been driving a manual i10 kappa sportz for over six months now. Having the following issues with the car.

While picking up in first gear there is a slight vibration. In case the engine is revved a bit it does not happen. On the right hand side there is some noise coming right from inception of the car. Recently there is a choo choo noise coming from the right hand side as well.

Have been sending my car to hyundai motor plaza (since it was purchased from them), mumbai for the servicing and 2 services are over already. The complains are mentioned but not completely solved.

Overall this has been my first experience with a hyundai product and it has been disappointing to say the least.

The average with full city driving is about 8 in really stop and go traffic. The gear ratios are so wide that you never get a change actually to go beyond the third gear sometimes at all and the lack of low end grunt forces you to reach a certain rpm in each gear before shifting up.

Actually for more of city driving the i10 with the santro engine is a better choice.
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
All is well that ends well

It feels nice when small things cure what was suspected to be very serious, doesn't it ?
@Eddy: Absolutely! No way better to describe it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks