Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 12:41   #271
BHPian

Hey, here's the scan copy of the manual as you'd requested. Am also emailing you a copy just incase. See you
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report-img_0001.jpg  

Old 14th July 2009, 12:57   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Hey, here's the scan copy of the manual
Did you get the manual with the car? In Mumbai, manuals are expected in one week.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:02   #273
BHPian

I got mine at delivery.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:01   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
@extreme_torque : I request you to be a little polite in your communication.

Check post#243 in this thread. I have clearly mentioned some parts were COMPLETELY RUSTED
I am sorry if I sounded impolite but that wasnt intentional. I am only going by the pictures you posted... thats just surface rust. No need to loose sleep over this but as I said before and ravendra said If you still trust Fiat only then go for it else you are better off with a competitors car.
In these cases what matters is the reponse from the dealer and the company... if it was satisfactory then you are not right in derogating the manufacturer to the extent that you have been doing in other threads.
Old 14th July 2009, 19:45   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am sorry if I sounded impolite but that wasnt intentional. I am only going by the pictures you posted... thats just surface rust. No need to loose sleep over this but as I said before and ravendra said If you still trust Fiat only then go for it else you are better off with a competitors car.
In these cases what matters is the reponse from the dealer and the company... if it was satisfactory then you are not right in derogating the manufacturer to the extent that you have been doing in other threads.
If stating the facts is derogating .. I don't mind doing it. But you might appreciate the fact that many are sharing (and have shared on other forums) the same sentiment that I am sharing. I am not the odd one out here.

I have repeatedly said, the dealer was never my problem. Show me one thread where I blamed the dealer.

The response from Fiat was never satisfactory except today when finally one person said "Sorry" for what has happened.

All said and done, the issue has been laid to rest now.

Everything has been taken care of and I am now waiting for my "new" car to be delivered.

As someone said on some other forum, my heart is with the Italians whereas my head is with the Koreans. And I have decided to follow my heart this time. Perhaps that is the reason why I have got so emotional about this !!
Old 15th July 2009, 00:11   #276
Senior - BHPian

Good decision. Congrats. I am sure all here are waiting for your car delivery.
Old 15th July 2009, 01:53   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Get yourself a i20. It's a competant car and wouldn't disappoint you in any way.

Preposterous.

What makes you so sure that the i20 is perfect in all respects?

One could go buy a Veyron and still dislike something! Anyways the i20 is much more expensive.

@Amogh

I hope you have a happy experience with your car! All the best mate!
Old 15th July 2009, 08:26   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
If stating the facts is derogating .. I don't mind doing it. But you might appreciate the fact that many are sharing (and have shared on other forums) the same sentiment that I am sharing. I am not the odd one out here.

I have repeatedly said, the dealer was never my problem. Show me one thread where I blamed the dealer.

The response from Fiat was never satisfactory except today when finally one person said "Sorry" for what has happened.

All said and done, the issue has been laid to rest now.

Everything has been taken care of and I am now waiting for my "new" car to be delivered.

As someone said on some other forum, my heart is with the Italians whereas my head is with the Koreans. And I have decided to follow my heart this time. Perhaps that is the reason why I have got so emotional about this !!
Hmm.. Having read the entire thread I can sympathize with you. It was a long ordeal and finally when you get it, you see this rust. I can understand your frustration.

Guys, for every car buyer whatever car he is buying the expectation is -at the least A new car has to look like new! So it was definitely a case to be complained about.

Now amogh, rust per se is not a defect and there will certainly be parts in a new car which are rusted on the exterior. But since your car had more than what is thought normal, you are right in asking for a different car. Since the dealer has obliged you are still getting what you want so take it easy now and enjoy driving your little beauty.

So shall we have the pics asap
Old 15th July 2009, 10:45   #279
BHPian

Congrats. Waiting for the delivery pics to be posted.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:19   #280
BHPian

Congrats amogh! I am sure you will not regret your decision.

Waiting for usage reports now!
Old 17th July 2009, 13:18   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Did you get the manual with the car? In Mumbai, manuals are expected in one week.

My car arrived just yesterday and the manual has come with it. Though in my case, i live in Mumbai and the car has arrived from Surat, Gujarat. ( will post pics soon)
Old 17th July 2009, 14:55   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
My car arrived just yesterday and the manual has come with it. Though in my case, i live in Mumbai and the car has arrived from Surat, Gujarat. ( will post pics soon)
hey congratulations mate, looking forward to see your ownership thread and do post pictures too.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:05   #283
BHPian

So Amogh,
Did you get your beloved GP?
Old 18th July 2009, 08:54   #284
BHPian

She Is Home !!!

Guys,

She is home !!!

Will upload pics soon

Need to go for a good long drive first

Amogh