Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 19:14   #76
BHPian

Congratulations

Congratulations..
Hope the blue n me on this one works well with Nokia phones. Linea has compatibality issues with Nokia phones.
I am hunting for a hatch and my list includes i20 and Puntu.
Lets see how this one fairs in the market.

Do keep us posted on further developments. BTW, how was your dealership experience?
Congrats again.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Congrats gods envy !!!

I am glad to know I have company. Did you take a test drive ?

When have they promised you the delivery ? We can share some good data on the forum once we get our cars

Do let me know the OTR price in Bangalore is possible

Amogh
thanks amogh,
yes, i took the test drive.
the dealer told me that white would take close to 1 month for delivery.
the otr price in bangalore for the e+ is 7.23 L
quite on the upper side though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz godsenvy!

did you book one without a test drive too??
gp in white is gonna rock..
well, i actually did book it without the test drive. yeterday morning at 10AM to be precise;
and took the test drive today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats Amogh and Gods Envy. That was real quick

Dude, how about sharing the TD report with us ?
my test drive report is on the other GP thread.
to be frank, it dint seem to have that zippy feel in it. didn't seem like a wild horse(read palio 1.6).. it seemed more like a tamed horse(maybe palio 1.2).
but outclasses all cars in the looks department.

Last edited by gods-envy : 18th June 2009 at 19:58.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:55   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Just had a look at punto at the fiat dealership in gurgaon,
1.It looks very good from all the angles especially front lights and grille
2.Its not as spacious as vista but is far more roomy than compared to swift and ritz.
3.Plastic quality of the dashboard could have been better but the buttons on the console are good.
4.Multifunction display shows fuel consumption in different modes(l/100km and kpl),speed alert, service reminders and lots more a first in the segment.
5.Steering is adjustable but is a bit high on the lowest position.
6.Boot space is good.
7.Doors close with a heavy thump missing on japnese and korean rivals.
8.Headunit looks good but i did not like the audio quality.
9.Has single beam for Headlights,so its cheaper to upgrade to HID.
10.Colors options are very good i liked red, gray and blue.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY56 View Post
Congratulations..
Hope the blue n me on this one works well with Nokia phones. Linea has compatibality issues with Nokia phones.
I am hunting for a hatch and my list includes i20 and Puntu.
Lets see how this one fairs in the market.

Do keep us posted on further developments. BTW, how was your dealership experience?
Congrats again.
Blue n me works with the Nokia !! It worked with the Nokia 7210 and Nokia 5310 Xpress Music. So I don't think it should have any problems working with the other models. I have personally tested it so can confidently say so

Dealership experience has been good. We have already bought a Tata Safari VX from the same dealer last month. So we are treated as VIP customers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
thanks amogh,
yes, i took the test drive.
the dealer told me that white would take close to 1 month for delivery.
the otr price in bangalore for the e+ is 7.23 L
quite on the upper side though.

well, i actually did book it without the test drive. yeterday morning at 10AM to be precise;
and took the test drive today

my test drive report is on the other GP thread.
to be frank, it dint seem to have that zippy feel in it. didn't seem like a wild horse(read palio 1.6).. it seemed more like a tamed horse(maybe palio 1.2).
but outclasses all cars in the looks department.
I am making the full payment tomorrow. The car will be delivered next week (4 days from the date full payment is made) Can't wait !!

BTW : I have been told Fiat compromised a bit on the power and the "zippiness" to give better fuel efficiency since fuel efficiency was a big negative in the Palio. The sales guy today claimed that the 1.3 should give a mileage of between 16-18 in the city. Let's see if Fiat achieves that claim
Old 18th June 2009, 21:22   #80
BHPian

Amogh congratulations mate on booking the best looking hatch in the country. I am sure she will make a great addition to your garage.

Please keep us posted on your TD and the dealership experience.
Old 18th June 2009, 22:17   #81
BHPian

@Amogh, thats one Bold act mate, to get a beauty without testing, well u dont get to test all the beauties anyway.

Do post us the TD report and your initial feel of the car. Once it gets delivered please post a very detailed report , fender-to-fender.

Once again , congo on the purchase mate.
Old 18th June 2009, 23:38   #82
BHPian

Amazing news! Congratulations on a fine choice. Waiting for the pictures
Old 18th June 2009, 23:51   #83
BHPian

Very off topic

Hello everyone,

Well as you can see its my first post! feel like gatecrashin a party heheh

glad to see Amogh get the punto , i can imagine the feeling so many congratulations

However doesnt it makes sense to wait for sometime to get an owner's ( else GTO's ) first hand review, some credible info about FE, long term but small issues which can only be figured by living with the car like rattling sounds ( Linea ?) etc.. Punto is still not proven in indian context. Its not the european car that is being imported. some amount of localization is there, engine tuning is different among other things.

For most of us buying a car is a once in a four-five-six years moment, and the money spent whether its 4 lac or 14 lac are good amount for their respective owners. So i feel it makes sense to temper the enthusiasm with a little patience. My thoughts.

Now well, someone has to buy it to give the owner ship review but i would prefer to sleep on the decision for a little while. A car is selected and bought with love, but the disappointments can be heavy if after a week or so you realize there is a better product out there for a similar price tag !

Sorry for being a kill joy but may be and i am writing this only to prevent guys like me gettin carried away by this new launch and so so so much enthusiasm.

and i realize this is off topic so kindly excuse and ignore this time
also wanted to say that this is a very well moderated community with so much passion and mutual respect for other views. A very mature forum indeed.

Thanks

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th June 2009 at 17:54.
Old 19th June 2009, 00:17   #84
BHPian

I am also booking the top end diesel model tomorrow. It will be through company leased plan. Still confused about the color. It will be either of the grey color. I am more inclined towards medium grey where as wife thinks minimal grey will look better. So planning to go to showroom tomorrow and take the final decision. Although if we do not like both the color then it would be Black. I had already seen the car before the official launch but was not able to test drive it. Tomorrow i plan to do that as well.
Old 19th June 2009, 00:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.uno View Post
However doesnt it makes sense to wait for sometime to get an owner's ( else GTO's ) first hand review, some credible info about FE, long term but small issues which can only be figured by living with the car like rattling sounds ( Linea ?) etc.. Punto is still not proven in indian context. Its not the european car that is being imported. some amount of localization is there, engine tuning is different among other things.
The engine in question is 1.3 JTD and it doesnt needs to prove itself anymore. As far as build is concerned, you can get a fairly good idea by having a look and feel of the car. I dont think Punto needs to prove anything.... may be if competition was better or as good looking?

Quote:
For most of us buying a car is a once in a four-five-six years moment, and the money spent whether its 4 lac or 14 lac are good amount for their respective owners. So i feel it makes sense to temper the enthusiasm with a little patience. My thoughts.
You dont put a price to your heart's desire... a look and it does something to you. However good a car, it will always be a depreciating asset, some more than other but I rather prefer it than being in a car which I dont like.

Quote:
Now well, someone has to buy it to give the owner ship review but i would prefer to sleep on the decision for a little while. A car is selected and bought with love, but the disappointments can be heavy if after a week or so you realize there is a better product out there for a similar price tag !
Can you please tell us the other better options at Punto's price... one week wouldnt change anything.

Quote:
Sorry for being a kill joy but may be and i am writing this only to prevent guys like me gettin carried away by this new launch and so so so much enthusiasm.
Sorry mate.... you arent a kill joy even though you tried hard..... just a post below your's is another guy who would be buying one!

Quote:
Thanks
Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th June 2009 at 00:47.
Old 19th June 2009, 06:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
10.Colors options are very good i liked red, gray and blue.
Well, IMHO there are hardly any innovative / imaginative choices. Why is it that Fiat always "discriminates" with India.
Old 19th June 2009, 06:51   #87
BHPian

@ Ashish.uno : I had researched a lot of cars and unwillingly settled on the Indica Vista until the Punto was launched. Please read Post#46 on Page 4 of this thread. I have written in detail how I reached the decision of booking a Punto.

Most importantly : Apart from being a "car", for me, what I drive is also a reflection of my personality !! It's also about who I am and what statement I want to make when I am on the road. 50% of my decision comes from a calculative mind, but the rest 50% comes from my heart. Even the Nano is good enough for my use, but I won't buy it because it does not reflect who I am !!

@ Extreme torque : Thanks a ton buddy !! You just put down everything perfectly. I need not write more

@sridharp77 : Welcome to the club !!! Look forward to hearing your experiences too !!
Old 19th June 2009, 08:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

envy congrats!!!
Its gonna be raining GP in our forum,similar to lineas.
Good choice of color.can anyone post the pic of white punto,though i've seen linea in white.
Old 19th June 2009, 08:58   #89
BHPian

CONGRATS on the first buy. Awaiting for pictures and initial review
Old 19th June 2009, 09:15   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hey ppl , iv booked a grande punto too. 1.4 FIRE EMOTION PACK variant ( cuz i wanted decent power) . The only small niggle i have is , i have only seen the electric blue colour on the Punto website and in there atleast , it appears to be way too light for my liking.Yet , my dad liked the colour so he landed in on that 1. Hence i would like reviews and opinions from all of you , especially amogh. If the verdict dosnt clear my mind , i might settle for bosa nova white as i can contact the showroom and change my colour choice. Earlier the better. O btw, iv seen the white punto in skin and trust me , it looks absolutely scintillating in that colour ! So, should i keep it blue or change to white ? waiting for your posts eagerly ppl

Most Viewed