Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 21:33   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Congrats both..... GP is simply unique with his personality!!!!

@Gods-envy, red beauty parted you for good . But why white?
hi jacs, long time...
thank you
well, if it were to have been the Formula Red, i would have picked it up without two thoughts, but the exotic red was a little too much and it kept me thinking.
myself and my bro were kind of ok with it; my parents are going to check out the car tomorrow and give their opinion.
maybe I might go back to red, u never know :P

plus i was 100% sure there would be loads of red puntos on the road.

Also, the sales guy told me that white is not exactly the taxi white. its going to be more like the linea white or metallic pearl white which i felt looks nice.

has anyone got a picture of a white punto, request you to pls post it.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:31   #107
BHPian

White is classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
O btw, iv seen the white punto in skin and trust me , it looks absolutely scintillating in that colour ! So, should i keep it blue or change to white ? waiting for your posts eagerly ppl
Just my opinion. Im no design expert but just sharing my thought here.
Punto as a design looks like a fusion of classic and modern car designs.
As a color, I find blue to be very flashy compared to white. White being a more classic color. So going by this logic, I feel white would suite the design more than blue. But hey, I havent seen either of them in flesh, so I could be absolutely wrong.
If I was to go for Punto, I will definitely go for White. Blue will probably be mt last option.
PS: I have a Riviera Blue Padmin.Classic but still looks awsome.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:38   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Blue n me works with the Nokia !! It worked with the Nokia 7210 and Nokia 5310 Xpress Music. So I don't think it should have any problems working with the other models. I have personally tested it so can confidently say so
Thats great thanks for the update.
Did you get a chance to test if the SMS reading feature was working on the above nokia phones? Thats where the compatibility issues were found. The source of this information is the existing Linea threads.
Old 20th June 2009, 13:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the white colour, even I am very interested in seeing one in white. But, me and Romil were discussing this same thing yesterday and he made a valid point. The Punto's grille is silver and the fog lamps come housed in silver inserts too. Wouldn't white not contrast well with them?
Old 21st June 2009, 01:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Regarding the white colour, even I am very interested in seeing one in white. But, me and Romil were discussing this same thing yesterday and he made a valid point. The Punto's grille is silver and the fog lamps come housed in silver inserts too. Wouldn't white not contrast well with them?
The white looks brilliant in the showroom because of the lights and the usually bright and illuminated decor of the showroom. Trust me, on the road, it does not look that great. The Punto stands out on its own in terms of looks .. but red and blue add more to that effect.

That's only my personal opinion though. I usually don't like cars that visually get easily lost in the crowd. With so many white cars out there, its easy for the white punto to get lost in the crowd !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY56 View Post
Thats great thanks for the update.
Did you get a chance to test if the SMS reading feature was working on the above nokia phones? Thats where the compatibility issues were found. The source of this information is the existing Linea threads.
No I did not get the chance to test the SMS reading feature. But I will be getting my Punto very soon and will test it :-) Will let you know
Old 21st June 2009, 07:31   #111
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday go to see the "Punto" in real for the first time @Concorde. Saw a Black and Red...

Look wise(Exterior) it looks lovely and am sure Swift's honeymoon ride is over...interior looks neat and the quality is nice..

But i noticed that a 6footer would find it little tight, even though had pulled the seat completly back my legs were touching the steering wheel..
Old 21st June 2009, 10:17   #112
BHPian

Delivery this week

Folks,

I made the full payment yesterday and hope to get the delivery by Wednesday or Thursday

Hope my TEAM BHP stickers reach me in time. Since I don't have the t-shirt, I will be pasting the sticker as soon as I get the car.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:31   #113
BHPian

I'm booking the gp in a few days but there's something on my mind.
What if fiat launch a more powerful version in the next few months ?
I'd really be irritated then.
Consolations ?
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:19   #114
BHPian

Wonderful. We are all waiting for the review from a GP owner now.
Please keep updating frequently on owning the beauty.

Also, I understand that your car is already with the dealer. So I guess there won't be any delivery blues.

Quote:
Folks,

I made the full payment yesterday and hope to get the delivery by Wednesday or Thursday

Hope my TEAM BHP stickers reach me in time. Since I don't have the t-shirt, I will be pasting the sticker as soon as I get the car.
@sukrit,
Don't worry. It doesn't make much business sense for Fiat to launch new engines now. They will probably upgrade only next year. Just go for it, don't wait.
Next, coming up for TATA-Fiat is Indigo Vista. After that next year, i see them upgrading the Linea with 1.6 engines. So Punto will get the 90 VGT.

Last edited by neotraveller : 22nd June 2009 at 12:22.
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

congrats amogh. i know u must be dying to get your hands on it. so did u finally test drive it while paying in full ?

hope we get a test drive from you if we meet in pune.
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:15   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Congrats man! Eagerly looking forward to your ownership review. BTW, does T-BHP have a t-shirt? I only know about stickers, but would love to have t-shirt if it's available.
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:33   #117
BHPian

Congrats to you amogh!
Do take some time out and write a good detailed ownership review
starting from your Tata- Fiat Dealership experience, Please also do a thorough P.D.I and pen down the details in here. especialy the Blu&me feature.
and finally also post few pics of your blue electricity!
cheers!
Old 24th June 2009, 15:56   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Amit, then you just get the grill painted in black for the white car.
Very similar to the Abarth version .. which is what I plan to do on mine :P

Last edited by gods-envy : 24th June 2009 at 15:59.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Amit, then you just get the grill painted in black for the white car.
Very similar to the Abarth version .. which is what I plan to do on mine :P
+1 to that. It will look awesome. I had this in mind but didn't want to wait a few weeks to get a white one.

I just booked a Black MJD Emotion Pack for myself. The car is one out of the first batch of Punto's produced (nostalgic feeling) and should be reaching the dealership either today or tomorrow. Hoping to take the delivery either on Friday or Sunday. Can't wait to get my hands on the baby.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 24th June 2009 at 17:40.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:40   #120
Senior - BHPian

@nkapoor777... hadnt you cancelled the booking for your Punto?

Last edited by GTO : 24th June 2009 at 17:56. Reason: No SMS please. u = You

Most Viewed