Old 10th July 2009, 01:09   #196
BHPian

@ amoghchaphalkar -

PUG - Palio Users' Group
Old 10th July 2009, 09:20   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
seems its a real issue. however when i asked some people at fiat whom i know they are totally unaware about this situation. strange.
That exactly is the problem. Fiat people just ignore the issue blaming Tata Motors for whatever has happened.

I said to them I am buying a "Fiat Grande Punto" not a "Tata Grande Punto" .. so please stop playing the blame game.

I just think it was a hastily planned launch and Fiat completely ignored the real situation on ground. I am just being patient because it is a good car. But that does not get rid of the feeling that somewhere I have been taken for granted by Fiat.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:39   #198
Senior - BHPian

As far as I was told by the BUB dealer in Pune, deliveries would start by 10th Jul. So you might get your beauty today / this weekend.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:06   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
That exactly is the problem. Fiat people just ignore the issue blaming Tata Motors for whatever has happened.

I said to them I am buying a "Fiat Grande Punto" not a "Tata Grande Punto" .. so please stop playing the blame game.

I just think it was a hastily planned launch and Fiat completely ignored the real situation on ground. I am just being patient because it is a good car. But that does not get rid of the feeling that somewhere I have been taken for granted by Fiat.
Which Fiat guys did you talk to? Fiat's Mumbai office is aware of this situation and told me that the approval is expected on July 10.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:43   #200
BHPian

Isn't this a problem with Maharashtra RTO?
maybe the maharashtra-region Fiat/TATA guys didn't communicate with respective RTO properly.

But other places, deliveries have already started. So its not a problem with Fiat/TATA etc in general. It's only a region-specific goofup (either by Fiat/TATA or the RTO).

Quote:
Old 10th July 2009, 14:23   #201
BHPian

Delivery on Tuesday !!

Guys !!

The car will be delivered on Tuesday RTO passing and registration will take place on Monday

I had a very sincere request. I am planning to go to the dealers service centre for the PDI on Saturday.

If any Team BHP'ians from Pune want to join me, you are more than welcome. In fact, I would highly appreciate some expert being there during the PDI.

Feel free to call me on 904 904 6240 if you plan / want to join for the PDI.

Almost a one month long wait guys !! Can't wait now. This weekend is going to be the longest ever

Amogh
Old 10th July 2009, 14:54   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys !!

The car will be delivered on Tuesday RTO passing and registration will take place on Monday
Hey finally the day has been finalised when you will get your Punto

Do get some snaps if possible of your beauty. I know stockyards are last place to click photos but who cares.
So the never ending wait of 4 nights has started amogh, enjoy now, i was so excited about my Linea that hardly slept 1 night before
Hope the car is good enough to compensate for this wait.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:35   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys !!
I had a very sincere request. I am planning to go to the dealers service centre for the PDI on Saturday.

If any Team BHP'ians from Pune want to join me, you are more than welcome. In fact, I would highly appreciate some expert being there during the PDI.
Would have loved to, though I don't qualify as an expert. However, I happen to be in Bangalore this weekend.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:53   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Guys !!

Congrats!!!
Why dont you buy a sand clock and check it now and then till Tuesday..

I guess that qualifies for the PJ of the century.

Welcome to the Punto club.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:17   #205
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys !!

@aqua : since you are a proud owner already, anything specific you would like to suggest that I should check in the car during PDI
Old 10th July 2009, 16:28   #206
BHPian

Congrats. I am sure your long wait would be worth it. I would have loved to come, but I am away for the next 2 days.

Be sure to take the PDI checklist on TBHP and you should be good to go.

Happy Punto.. ing
Old 11th July 2009, 15:48   #207
BHPian

Need Help !!

Guys,

I checked out the car today at the stock yard and made the PDI guys put the car on the ramp. The surface, body, paint of the car looks fine.

However when the car was on ramp, from the underside I could see a lot of rust in two places
  1. On the front tire discs
  2. Below the engine from where the exhaust pipe starts (Please pardon my non-technical language.) I really don't know what this part is. But I am uploading a couple of pics taken with my cell phone.
Is this kind of rusting in both the parts (discs and the "unidentified" one) normal ?

I would also like to know what exactly that part is and what does it do.

Look forward to your inputs.

Thanks,

Amogh
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report-image0003.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report-image0004.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report-image0005.jpg  

Old 11th July 2009, 16:09   #208
BHPian

oopsi!!
I am not sure what the second part is,looks like some kind of shaft.Sorry for interruption but it reminds me of a similar problem in my swift, the discs are rusted and i came to know about it after i changed from rims to alloys.Are these kinds of rusting problems serious.I hope they are not as they wouldn't be ignored by the companies.Experts please advise.
Old 11th July 2009, 16:19   #209
Senior - BHPian

I had similar rusting on my Alto too. Ask the dealer to sort it out before delivery.
Old 11th July 2009, 18:11   #210
Senior - BHPian

the drive shaft , the tie rods and the brake disc. all seem to be rusted.
this is not normal on a new car, but since your car is stored in the yard for about 1 month in rains too this might have happened.

ask them to give you a different car or change all those components and take in writing they have changed the parts due to the rusting reason and any failure hence forth will be the liability of the dealer.

also write a mail to people from fiat whom you had mailed earlier.

my 5 year alto doesnt have a single rusted part beneath.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks