Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 16:15   #16
BHPian

COngratulations and welcome to the club. Enjoy the car.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vasu

Is that showroom in KoheFiza?
Old 24th June 2009, 17:29   #18
ashwinpak

Ok, lemme see whether I can help.

First of all, it would be easier for you to drive the Linea MJD than the ANHC because of the diesel engine.

Now, imagine this: At 50 km per day, you are going to save at leasdt Rs 100 per day, which would get you at least 2 lakhs in your bank if you keep the car for 5 years. That will more than make up for the money you might lose when you sell the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
BHPians, need your help. I am on the verge of buying a new car, but am stuck between the Linea MJD and ANHC. My heart says FIAT LINEA MJD EMOTION PACK FLAMENCO RED, but my mind and my Wife calls for practical thinking, brand value, A.S.S. and hence ANHC. Did a Test Drive of MJD yesterday and found all issues listed in blogs earlier as True (Turbo lag below 2000 RPM, noisy cabin on high rev, un-supportive driver seat, etc). I have driven the ANHC in Delhi city traffic and found I had to upshift regularly, so never felt the 118 bhp in City conditions.
Currently I drive a 2004 Tata Indica, done approx 1.35 Lakh Kms, but even with AC on and in Delhi city conditions I dont have to upshift frequently thanks to the Torque.
The Linea MJD Emotion Pk is costing 9.11 L ex-Noida, while ANHC SMT is at 8.80 L.
My daily commute earlier was approx 80Km (hence the diesel Indica), but now down to approx. 50Km. One last word. Its difficult for most people to catch my Indica as I drive quite fast. Please suggest..!! (I know there have been lots of threads on this previously but I am still stuck between Heart & Mind)

Last edited by ashwinpak : 24th June 2009 at 17:32.

Old 24th June 2009, 17:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Coming from an Indica you will find either of these is a biiig step up. But if I was you, I would go for Linea eyes closed.
Old 25th June 2009, 09:11   #20
BHPian

congratulations!!

its a good thing they kept the exotic red colour for punto because this flemenco red colour suits this big sedan.
Old 25th June 2009, 13:32   #21
BHPian

congratulations dude on the new car.... enjoy her to the full!

and amit - emotion / emotion+ on the linea. eyes shut man!

bro - in - law picked up a anhc 1 month before our linea and after he travelled in ours - he himself admitted that maybe he should have had a closer look at the linea!!

yesterday, his driver drove us back from jaipur - even he had a grin on his face!!!

18 kmpl with 4 people in the car and climate control set at 16 deg C throughout to jaipur and back. makes this a no brainer dude. i don't usually come out this vociferously for ANY car, but felt the need this time.

hope this helps.
Old 28th June 2009, 19:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Vasu

Is that showroom in KoheFiza?
No Sir the showroom is in hoshangabad road(NH12).
Are you from Bhopal Sir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
BHPians, need your help. I am on the verge of buying a new car, but am stuck between the Linea MJD and ANHC. My heart says FIAT LINEA MJD EMOTION PACK FLAMENCO RED, but my mind and my Wife calls for practical thinking, brand value, A.S.S. and hence ANHC. Did a Test Drive of MJD yesterday and found all issues listed in blogs earlier as True (Turbo lag below 2000 RPM, noisy cabin on high rev, un-supportive driver seat, etc). I have driven the ANHC in Delhi city traffic and found I had to upshift regularly, so never felt the 118 bhp in City conditions.
Currently I drive a 2004 Tata Indica, done approx 1.35 Lakh Kms, but even with AC on and in Delhi city conditions I dont have to upshift frequently thanks to the Torque.
The Linea MJD Emotion Pk is costing 9.11 L ex-Noida, while ANHC SMT is at 8.80 L.
My daily commute earlier was approx 80Km (hence the diesel Indica), but now down to approx. 50Km. One last word. Its difficult for most people to catch my Indica as I drive quite fast. Please suggest..!! (I know there have been lots of threads on this previously but I am still stuck between Heart & Mind)
Hi
First of all i agree with ashwinpak for his advice to you and just take a look on the features of Linea above City you are getting Automatic climate control system,Alloys,Goodies like Fiats Blue and Me and the special by just paying a primium around 30 thousand you are getting a Revolutionary diesel engine.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd July 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 28th June 2009, 20:03   #23
BHPian

Congrats Vasu. Amit ,I'd suggest to go with your heart! Its fabulous value for money, a very capable and mannered car. It would take a little while to get used to but you will love it. BTW it sure is a step up to the Indica and the Linea is no compact city car, it's quite long and if that's no issue , then just go for it.

Disclaimer: I'm a Linea owner and my opinions are just plain biased, so shoot me!!
Old 29th June 2009, 15:42   #24
BANNED

Linea Rules....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
Hi
First of all i agree with ashwinpak for his advice to you and just take a look on the features of Linea above City you are getting Automatic climate control system,Alloys,Goodies like Fiats Blue and Me and the special by just paying a primium around 30 thousand you are getting a Revolutionary diesel engine.
I too second the advice by ashwinpak and would strongly recommend the Linea over teh ANHC as it is better built, economical, value for money, has decent performance(which can be enhanced by fitting kits like Pete's), has superb suspension and of course, to top it all, that unmistakable Italian flair and panache to it...Go for it dude....

Need a Third opinion, look at the TBHP Poll results on the best C segment car today.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:33   #25
BHPian

Thanks guys for the encouraging feedbacks. I guess after the fuel price revision of yesterday, it makes all the more sense for the MJD.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Go for it . By the by did you see the poll on the forum about which c segment is the best?. Linea beat ANHC by 200% margin
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Go for it . By the by did you see the poll on the forum about which c segment is the best?. Linea beat ANHC by 200% margin
Could you paste the link for the poll..??
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Sir the showroom is in hoshangabad road(NH12).
Are you from Bhopal Sir?
Oh Ok, it somehow looked like kohefiza, wasnt Tata showroom there earlier(Sah & Sanghi)?

Yes I am from Bhopal

@amitku: Check the Thread Here (Which is the best C+ segment sedan around?)

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd July 2009 at 16:04.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:05   #29
BHPian

Amit - If you ask my then i would suggest you ANHC. Since i own it, i can tell you that it is well refined car and well built one too. I haven't faced any niggles so far. Rest is upt to you buddy...
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:36   #30
BHPian

Now my car has done 2000kms.Many issues i had poorfirst service as nobody was even attending me at Mechmen motors bhopal.They not done anything except washing the car
that too not satisfactory.
My car started makin many rattles a continous Chi-Chi sound is very irritating.My crome strip also gone off.Ithing all my suspention are also making noise.
Plese give me suggestion to deal with my rattling issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks