Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
I just booked the Alto today. The dealer had a Red Alto Spice in stock. This model has wheel caps, body coulored bumpers, handles and mirrors (Vxi type), leather seats and body graphics. Around 3.04L OTR. How's the deal.
Congratulations. I suppose the delivery will not take long. Please post photos and initial ownership review.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just booked the Alto today. The dealer had a Red Alto Spice in stock. This model has wheel caps, body coulored bumpers, handles and mirrors (Vxi type), leather seats and body graphics. Around 3.04L OTR. How's the deal.
Congrats. Is this a 2009 model? Such pieces are not available here.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Congrats. Is this a 2009 model? Such pieces are not available here.
Yes it's a 2009. The cars were done up by the dealers as per Maruti guidelines. Body coloured bumpers, handles & boot lock, VXi type mirrors (body coloured), rear parcel tray, leather seats, body graphics.
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Yes it's a 2009. The cars were done up by the dealers as per Maruti guidelines. Body coloured bumpers, handles & boot lock, VXi type mirrors (body coloured), rear parcel tray, leather seats, body graphics.
Ah, done up by the dealers! They are charging 15 K extra for such current year models here. However I saw a couple of such 2008 model Altos at my dealer. He is offering it at a price of Rs 2.8 Lac OTR. What are the pros and cons of buying it?
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, done up by the dealers! They are charging 15 K extra for such current year models here. However I saw a couple of such 2008 model Altos at my dealer. He is offering it at a price of Rs 2.8 Lac OTR. What are the pros and cons of buying it?
No pros or cons. Just saves you the headache of doing it. The mods they say are worth 12K. This months offer is 14K. So they are giving 2K discount + Garware transparent filming. Saving another 1.5K by doing the registration ourselves. This is a 2009 model, but I could not find the date stamped anywhere in the engine bay. Also the engine bay was orange and the car exterior was red. Anyone have any idea about this?
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
No pros or cons. Just saves you the headache of doing it. The mods they say are worth 12K. This months offer is 14K. So they are giving 2K discount + Garware transparent filming. Saving another 1.5K by doing the registration ourselves. This is a 2009 model, but I could not find the date stamped anywhere in the engine bay. Also the engine bay was orange and the car exterior was red. Anyone have any idea about this?
If you can't find the date stamping in the engine bay, stay away from the car. The one I am talking about has the year 2008 and month clearly stamped. Since it is available cheaper than the regular 2009 Alto I am taking, I want to know if there is a catch anywhere. Will I lose heavily if I want to sell/exchange the car after a few years? What if I keep it for 5 years?
Old 24th June 2009, 16:21   #37
BANNED

Quote:
If you can't find the date stamping in the engine bay, stay away from the car. The one I am talking about has the year 2008 and month clearly stamped. Since it is available cheaper than the regular 2009 Alto I am taking, I want to know if there is a catch anywhere. Will I lose heavily if I want to sell/exchange the car after a few years? What if I keep it for 5 years?
Where exactly is the date stamped. There was a plate on the right side and also some stamping on the engine bay close to it. Neither clearly mentions the date. But the salesman clearly mentioned it was manufactured in April 2009 as per their records.
In your case there won't be much difference in resale. When you advertise, just mention the registration date.
Old 25th June 2009, 07:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where exactly is the date stamped. There was a plate on the right side and also some stamping on the engine bay close to it. Neither clearly mentions the date. But the salesman clearly mentioned it was manufactured in April 2009 as per their records.
In your case there won't be much difference in resale. When you advertise, just mention the registration date.
It will be near the centre of the wall inside the engine bay, under the wind shield. Just ensure the series of letters and numbers ends with 9. My car is April'09 so the series ends with "D9", a May'09 car will be "E9" and so on.

I have not taken the 2008 Alto Xfun, someone beat me to the draw!

Last edited by Gansan : 25th June 2009 at 07:22.
Old 28th June 2009, 11:54   #39
BANNED

OK I've just taken delivery of my Alto. Will start a new thread for the ownership report soon. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and advice.
Old 28th June 2009, 20:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Enjoy your new car and drive safe.
Old 28th June 2009, 22:30   #41
BANNED

I've started a new thread on the initial ownership experience. Please check it out here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lto-spice.html

Mods please close this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks