Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:17   #1
BHPian

Bought a new car( Altis ) after waiting for 15 months expecting Skoda to see sense

Hi Folks

I waited for 15 months for the Octavia to come back. (Link to story) Looks like the fight with Skoda is going to be much longer than expected. Like they say " Latho ke bhoot batho se nahi manthe". So be it. No retreat No surrender.

Took valuable advise from GTO regarding buying a new car and reference towards the dealer.

In fact I was looking up the same car GTO suggested. That confirmed my choice. Thanks GTO

I bought the Toyota Corolla Altis on the 18th of June from Shinrai Motors, Mumbai. Due to supply constraints had to buy the H8 sports, although I do not fancy the additions - skirts et al, and to top it had to pay 40,000 more. Shinrai had offered me delivery for the H2 1.8 G in August.

I was finding it very difficult sharing the Esteem with my wife. My business is in Nasik and I have to travel there practically every alternate day. With the advent of rains it would have become still more difficult. Hence had to settle for the H8 sports since it was available off the shelf. Had the first H8 out of Shinrai. In fact I was there when the H8 arrived and took the decision since it was available on an immediate basis.

Initial experience with Shinrai, till delivery has been bang on target. No hiccups of any kind. Good staff, timely delivery, quick paperwork, no surprises etc.

Did not add anything much to the car. Only added sun films and got an anti rust treatment done.

Enjoyed driving the car. Haven't taken it out much. Just about 100 odd kms. Feels good.

I hope the Toyota Altis shuts out the nightmare of the last 15 months with Skoda.

Thanks TEAM for the wonderful support.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2009 at 16:17. Reason: Link added.
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great Harish. Congratulations. Well the Altis will definitely be a trouble free car. After going through what Skoda has dished out, I'm sure you will have a lot of peace of mind.

Probably you should take the Skoda guys and show them how things normally get done and why Toyota is Toyota !!!
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:33   #3
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Harish!!

may this car help you forget the "Skoda Nightmares!!"
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:34   #4
BHPian

May god bless with a trouble-free car
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:36   #5
BHPian

Harish:

I feel a sense of joy in knowing that you are back in your feet shutting out the nightmare with Skoda! They are anyway suffering low sales as a result of their behavior.

@csentil: I doubt Skoda dare thinks about competing with Toyota, not if their top executives spend more time at fashion shows and write long pieces on their sites and the press on "how this help them meet customers"

Way to go Harish!

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 22nd June 2009 at 13:37.
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Wondering what the bumper sticker on your Toyota would be?
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys, finally he managed to chuck the Si Chi out before it is turning into Sha Chi.

And guess what..he has found Sheng Chi , albeit in its "sports" form.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 22nd June 2009 at 13:38.
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish on the new car. I'm sure you'll have a peaceful life with the Toyota
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:56   #9
BHPian

Congrats on your NEw Car ! Toyota is the exact opposite of Skoda when it comes to A.S.S. and definitely a good progressive step for you!
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:56   #10
BANNED

Congrats Harish on your new buy. I wish you all success
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:02   #11
BHPian

Congrats Harish and finally welcome to the world of hassle free ownership experience ..
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:04   #12
BANNED

By all accounts Toyota cars are known to be 'bullet proof' (otherwise no taxi wallah will buy an Innova) and they do worry about the companies reputation, unlike the jokers you are dealing with for the past 15 months!
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Great choice Harish. I am sure you will have miles of peaceful driving with this one. Update us on your experience with Toyota.
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car, Harish.

It seems Skoda is waiting for you to lose patience and surrender. They lose nothing (well, just their brand name and most of their customer about whom they care the least!) to lose in this.

Wishing you a wonderful (really wonderful) ownership experience with one the best brands in the world!

And photos! Where are they?

PS: This is the wrong sub-section for this post.
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:19   #15
BHPian

Great choice. Congratulations. Wishing you trouble free motoring from here onwards and good luck with the case against skoda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks