Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 22:31   #181
Senior - BHPian

I doubt of you can get 100/130 for the fiesta as they arent H4.

@ Shaju, you want me to post pix of the 1.6S ? I took its pix today.

frank; the stock isnt that bad. I have had loads of fun with stock tyres on Jerrish666's modded Fiesta.

Last edited by jkdas : 30th July 2009 at 22:32.
Old 30th July 2009, 22:35   #182
Senior - BHPian

oh ive been having fun on the test drive vehicle too (6 times wooo hooo!). but just thought that upgrade should be paramount. another thing, what bulbs does the fiesta take? h6?
Old 30th July 2009, 23:28   #183
BHPian

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

hey shaju, many congratulations on your new beasta!! super color!! ive been following this thread for sometime, its been very informative and the suggestions and comments here immensely helped us narrow our choices down to the fiesta, thank you guys!! this place seriously rocks!!

test drove the 1.6 aquarius from metro ford near cauvery junction, absolutely loved it!! it flies baby!! anyway, dad was going to use it primarily and he wanted more comfort than sporty looks, aka leather upholstry etc & wifey was totally against the sports version for some reason as well!! that meant it was going to be the SXI until ford decided it was time to upgrade their existing SXI to a newer one, well the price increased by 20k than what was originally quoted. (We were quoted 7.99 for the old sxi after all the dscounts and freebies on offer). Now the additions on the newer sxi included 14" alloys, chrome front grill, and chrome ovrms (8.2L after discount).

well, though the price was worth paying for the alloys addition, the moment i looked at the new car, i knew they had totally messed up with its looks esp with the complete chrome addition to the ovrms, it totally put me off (no offence). so, it was then decided that we'd settle with the ZXI and have some stanley leather seats thrown in later!! we booked the ZXI, Platinum color a couple of days ago and metro has promised to deliver the car in 10 days, its expected sometime next week!!

Dad drives a 5 year old top end chevy tavera black dual tone (2004 model) and the only reason we went to Metro is because they agreed for a trade in price of 4L on a 'as is' condition which we thought was a very good offer! So effectively, we drive in the Tavera and drive out on the brand new beasta!!

Price of the ZXI: 7.3L onroad after discounts (approx 20k)
Trade in price: 4L
We pay: 3.3L!!

Anyway, the wait is killing already! Will post some pics of the fista we take delivery and will def open a new thread for a detail ownership report!

Thanks again guys, very excited to be a part of T-BHP!!

Drive Safe!
Ramkishore V

Last edited by GTO : 31st July 2009 at 12:49. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.
Old 31st July 2009, 00:32   #184
BHPian

Frank the bulbs are H1 and H7 and you can upgrade to 100/80w bulbs,as I have posted earlier 90w bulbs don't fit.
Old 31st July 2009, 00:38   #185
Senior - BHPian

Ok yogi. Perfect! Thanks!
Old 31st July 2009, 13:39   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i am on the market too, for an aftermarket dead pedal.
Frankmehta, your post was very useful and full of informations. I cleared lot of my doubts. Please post here when you get an idea about the dead pedal thingy. I really want that. Sincerely appreciate whatever you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
you want me to post pix of the 1.6S ? I took its pix today.
Dasetta, you are talking about the normal 1.6 S right ? I think we have too many owners in our forum with plenty of photos (jerish, sathee etc.). But one can never stop drooling over the sports version. Please go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
the moment i looked at the new car, i knew they had totally messed up with its looks esp with the complete chrome addition to the ovrms, it totally put me off ....... we booked the ZXI, Platinum color a couple of days ago and metro has promised to deliver the car in 10 days.....Price of the ZXI: 7.3L onroad after discounts (approx 20k)
I couldnt agree more. Personally I would not like too much chrome around, specially the ORVM. My cousine's Innova has chrome ORVMs, somehow I hate it. Even ZXI has the option of chosing chrome inserted side strips, boot handle etc. but I opted for the normal body colour. Trust me, the leather what comes as stock in the SXI is not that great. I would rather wait for a while, gather some money and go for stanley or karlson. Atleast I get what quality and colour I want.

About your booking, congratulations first, re-check the 10 days promise, I was given the same hopes, but they made me wait for 30 days ! If they are very sure of the 10 days delivery, make sure you check the VIN details. I remember seeing a Platinum ZXI in the showroom on 20th July, when I went to make my full payment. Whoever visited the place had sat inside, played with the controls etc. including myself. Pricing part is just the same. I hope they are giving you a better quote for your old car than 'used car' dealers.

ZXI is almost a fully loaded version, which gives you the best option to chose your own leather upholsery (ranging from 4000 to 30000), tire change choices (upgarding size + alloys) and whatever other cosmetic changes you want to make.

Last edited by shajufx : 31st July 2009 at 13:43.
Old 1st August 2009, 17:08   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
About your booking, congratulations first, re-check the 10 days promise, I was given the same hopes, but they made me wait for 30 days ! If they are very sure of the 10 days delivery, make sure you check the VIN details. I remember seeing a Platinum ZXI in the showroom on 20th July, when I went to make my full payment. Whoever visited the place had sat inside, played with the controls etc. including myself. Pricing part is just the same. I hope they are giving you a better quote for your old car than 'used car' dealers.

ZXI is almost a fully loaded version, which gives you the best option to chose your own leather upholsery (ranging from 4000 to 30000), tire change choices (upgarding size + alloys) and whatever other cosmetic changes you want to make.
Infact, we were at the showroom today to talk to the Axis bank fellows to finalize on our loan when our sales person informed us that our car was on its way from their chennai factory and would arrive later this evening! he confirmed delivery for Monday evening (3rd Aug) post registration! We paid the booking amount on Wednesday (26th Jul). What surprises me the most is the fact that according to what the sales person told my dad when the booking was being finalized, there was ready stock of all the colors of this particular model (zxi petrol) except the platinum which is why we had to wait in the first place!! so, your waiting time of 30 days really comes as a surprise! maybe they didnt have stock of the morello then? is that whay they said?

but seriously, i find it really hard to trust any dealer these days!! anyway, we've just called the sales person and advised him not to display it in the showroom, he has promised us to drive it to their stock yard the moment it arrives, so hopefully they keep that promise! anyway, all their fiesta's currently on display are diesel variants, so hopefully they wont mess with their display order for another week atleast!!

And yeah, i will check the VIN/Chasis on Monday, thanks for that. Any threads here that will help me decode the VIN? tried searching, wasnt very lucky with the results. i know there is a website, you aware of the web address?

And oh yeah!! totally agree with you on the upgrade options on the ZXI!!
Old 1st August 2009, 20:09   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so, your waiting time of 30 days really comes as a surprise! maybe they didnt have stock of the morello then? is that whay they said?.....And yeah, i will check the VIN/Chasis on Monday, thanks for that. Any threads here that will help me decode the VIN? tried searching, wasnt very lucky with the results. i know there is a website, you aware of the web address?
Yes that 30 days waiting is still a riddle for many. Dealer had only one answer to that, excess demand in delhi due to that mega discount which happend there. I dont think it was anything to do with the colour, I dont remember mention of colour issue in any of my conversations with them.

VIN part, I had seen some links somewhere, but not able to spot it myself now. Although I got my original insurance documents yesterday (by courier), RC book is yet to arrive. I dont know if this is a normal waiting. Earlier I had heard all the vehicle documents will be compressed into one plastic card (like a smart card) effective from July 2009 (in Karnataka). No clue if we are going to get the plastic card as the first RC document in a card form.

You have any upgrades in mind ? Make sure you dont take reverse parking sensor from the dealer, its a piece of crap. Mine has not worked 100% till today, still waiting for the auto-cop guy to come home and replace the unit (may be Monday). First it was total dead situation, after repairing it the 2nd day, display conked off. Now the beep is there, but no display. I am already regreting for opting through the dealer. Redsoul guys are more professional as I heard, they will also come home and install it for you. Even Scorpion brand has better quality stuff, which I saw in my neighbour's car but costing 4000. If you have started a thread on the same, please give a link here, its easier for others to comment.

All the best, prepare for the excitement ! I read somewhere that Narayan Karthikeyan ranked Fiesta 1.6 engine higher than Civic and Accord !
Old 1st August 2009, 22:38   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All the best, prepare for the excitement ! I read somewhere that Narayan Karthikeyan ranked Fiesta 1.6 engine higher than Civic and Accord !
Yes he did---in last year's issue of Overdrive or Autocar--methinks it was the July or September edition. But I remember it was the 1.6 S that he was rating, moreso on its handling and driveabilty.
Old 2nd August 2009, 09:51   #190
Senior - BHPian

Could you fiesta owners confirm the tire pressure ? I was advised to have 35 psi on the front wheels and 40 psi on the rear, 45 psi on the rear with full load ( 5 passengers and boot load ). Please advise gurus ! Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:06   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that 30 days waiting is still a riddle for many. Dealer had only one answer to that, excess demand in delhi due to that mega discount which happend there.

Earlier I had heard all the vehicle documents will be compressed into one plastic card (like a smart card) effective from July 2009 (in Karnataka).

Make sure you dont take reverse parking sensor from the dealer, its a piece of crap. Mine has not worked 100% till today, still waiting for the auto-cop guy to come home and replace the unit (may be Monday.

Oh yeah, i remember seeing a picture of the fiesta limited time offer on someone's post in parts of n.india not long ago, looked like a killer offer, 5.5 lakhs!! tell you what, i'd be devastated if they bought that offer down to the south later in the year!! not sure what model that offer was on anyway.

Yeah, that smartcard service was launched in Bangalore last week, i read about it but seriously have my own doubts on how it's going to work though! my opinion, it's allright to have a smart card for the license but an RC Book detail encrypted into the same Smart Card? what happens when someone else is driving the car apart from the owner? there will also be a problem during change of ownership and all that. So, i'd still prefer to have a book for the RC or maybe a seperate smartcard for it! anyway, i think according to what the website stated, its our responsibility to walk into the RTO to get the card, the timeline for the switch is 2 years!

And yeah, the wait for the RC book sounds kind of right and normal to me, remember having driven back to the showroom a month after taking delivery of my santro to collect the RC book way back in 2005!

about the upgrades, dad was keen on getting the chrome side strips (the ones on all the 4 side doors) from the dealer, just like the ones on the SXI. That apart, we had plans of getting seat covers (probably stanley-been successful in convincing my dad to go for it), sun control films for the windows and ofcourse the reverse parking sensors! sorry to hear about the unit on your car, get them to the replace the entire system and check the electricals completely. Am sure the personnel from Autocops will do a good job, they've been in the business for quite some time! maybe the folks at the showroom were'nt competent enough to fit this unit!

Anyway, we were planning to head to either EVO (cambridge layout) or Autoshop (Koramangala) for our upgrades, my friend who drives in a swift vdi with a 50k worth music system highly recommends them!!! btw, checked Redsoul, the rearview display system looks cool!! which one did you get? the rearview or the led? am assuming the rearview system is obviously more expensive?

and hell yeah!! its definitely a very proud feeling sitting behind the wheels of the fiesta with the backing of the fastest indian, ofcourse!! i'll try getting my hand on that article, thanks for that guys!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd August 2009 at 23:09. Reason: 2 smileys max per post. Make sure you read the Team-BHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2009, 17:44   #192
BHPian

Quote:
which one did you get? the rearview or the led?
was browsing through your previous posts and figured that you had the led system with the buzzer installed from autocops!!

i think am gonna go with the led/buzzer system as well. But i probably have to do some shopping around for it because am very particular about getting the body colored sensors for my car! (platinum). The black sensors really look ugly on a platinum/light sand colored bumper!

Btw, thanks for the XLS (accessories list) that you posted here a few days ago. It's going to come of use to us!

Let us know how the repair goes with the Autocops people tomorrow.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd August 2009 at 17:54. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:57   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Any threads here that will help me decode the VIN? tried searching, wasnt very lucky with the results. i know there is a website, you aware of the web address?
Found the link to the VIN decoder website from VahanPujari's Linea thread. VIN View /// AnalogX
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:57   #194
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram, I dont think the VIN link you posted work for our Fiesta. I tried it and here is what I got, see the model year, fiesta did not exist in India at that time.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-vin.jpg
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:12   #195
BHPian

oh boy!! not good!! let me try and look for another source!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed