Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:52   #196
BHPian

hey shaju, try the following 2 links:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Free VIN Decoder - Vehicle Identification Number Report

but by the look of the code you entered on the AnalogX site, the characters on position numbers 5 & 6 (XX) does'nt seem right to me. looks like the characters or numbers there are either hidden or protected for somereason?
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:12   #197
Senior - BHPian

Ram, I have no clue about that XX part. The number I entered are exactly as I have noted from the floor next to the fuel tank lever as well as mentioned in the dealer Invoice. None of the links are able to provide the details. Here is a picture of the VIN, no clue about the manufacturing details until I get the RC book , but I am very sure its of 2009 as mentioned in the insurance certificate !
Name:  16.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  187.2 KB

The socket below steering column left to the small glove box; (used by the Ford service guys for collecting data when required as posted by frankmehta earlier);
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-17.jpg

Display of reverse parking sensor at the extreme left corner of dash board, now its rectified. Issue was their faulty centre unit which is changed to the 3rd one now. Hope it stays. Double side glue strip is white and spoils the look, need to find a black colour strip.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-18.jpg

Rear seat and the centre arm rest which I find very cosy and comfortable;
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-19.jpg
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:48   #198
BHPian

Yeah, hope the RC has that info! one of the error messages read "your PIN may be protected", wonder who are what they are protecting it from!

lets not worry about it too much for now though, am going to skip checking the VIN from my things to do on my PDI. Thanks for those

pictures! the rear seat with the arm rest looks awesome, it'll be very hard getting out of the car once you make yourself all comfy there, lol!

Have an update on our vehicle, the car is still in transit from the factory, Metro claims it was redirected to another dealership by mistake! wonder if they have a standard set of excuses to explain the delays!
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:31   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Could you fiesta owners confirm the tire pressure ? I was advised to have 35 psi on the front wheels and 40 psi on the rear, 45 psi on the rear with full load ( 5 passengers and boot load ). Please advise gurus ! Thanks.
35PSI in front and 40PSI at back for normal load will be too much. You will bounce around the place. I use 31PSI on all tyres, 30PSI is the recommended number with light load (3people or so). But, even with a full load of 4 adults and luggage, 35PSI front and 45PSI back will bounce. Mine is a diesel, so front heavy!!! I think you should try with 30-32PSI all around (light load).

Quote:
Rear seat and the centre arm rest which I find very cosy and comfortable;
Yes, the rear seat is supposedly more comfortable than the front ones. Wife and mom confirms. I've never sat in the rear seats with the car in motion!!! Its always the right-front seat for me.

PS: Shaju chetta, we need to catch up.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:25   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
the rear seat with the arm rest looks awesome, it'll be very hard getting out of the car once you make yourself all comfy there...... Metro claims it was redirected to another dealership by mistake! wonder if they have a standard set of excuses to explain the delays!
Stock seats are very comfy and elegant. I have leather seats in mind after watching the present condition for 3 months or close. If it gets dirty too fast, I will switch to leather with some extra padding and cushioning inside, which will escalate its comfort to new heights !

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
35PSI in front and 40PSI at back for normal load will be too much. You will bounce around the place..... I've never sat in the rear seats with the car in motion!!! Its always the right-front seat for me...... we need to catch up.
Even I doubted the bouncing part. Now its 32 all around as it came from the dealer. Its comfortable enough. May be I have to try varying it between 30 to 35 in each filling and see the difference. Same here, I never got a chance to sit back, wifee is busy all the time with the 3 months old.

We will meet up soon. Do you have plans for a kerala drive during Dussera holidays (18th September onwards)? We are preparing to cover a 1400 kms up and down between 20th to 27th. It will be more fun if we are in a group. Could take the Mysore-Bathery-Calicut-Angamaly route with an overnight stay at Calicut (sunset at beach etc.)
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:46   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Even I doubted the bouncing part. Now its 32 all around as it came from the dealer. Its comfortable enough. May be I have to try varying it between 30 to 35 in each filling and see the difference. Same here, I never got a chance to sit back, wifee is busy all the time with the 3 months old.
Yeah, do vary it during your next fill. If you are comfortable with 32, then try around that. 35 with a light petrol engine will be jittery.

Check thy PM chetta.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:16   #202
Senior - BHPian

Its nice to hear that 4 more ZXIs are getting booked this week inspired by this thread. Two are from team-bhp and others through friends' references. Not counting the 'already booked and waiting' people.

Note: I am in no way professionaly related to FORD India. If these buyers co-ordinated on-time, I could have atleast bargained on a spoiler for FREE !
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:55   #203
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, that smartcard service was launched in Bangalore last week, i read about it but seriously have my own doubts on how it's going to work though! my opinion, it's allright to have a smart card for the license but an RC Book detail encrypted into the same Smart Card? what happens when someone else is driving the car apart from the owner? there will also be a problem during change of ownership and all that. So, i'd still prefer to have a book for the RC or maybe a seperate smartcard for it! anyway, i think according to what the website stated, its our responsibility to walk into the RTO to get the card, the timeline for the switch is 2 years!
The RC with smart card encrypted with a chip having all the vehicle details is common in delhi. I have the same small thingy for my car and there is no problem while change of ownership of car. once you buy the car, fill up the required forms and get the required forms from the seller, sumbit the original RC to RTO and within few days get a new RC smart card. The details of the vehicle are mentioned on the card, viz, model, manugacturer, engine and chasis number, Reg no , colour and no of owners is also updated.

OT: i even have the smart card for my insurance policy too.
Old 4th August 2009, 15:11   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
The RC with smart card encrypted with a chip having all the vehicle details is common in delhi. I have the same small thingy for my car and there is no problem while change of ownership of car. once you buy the car, fill up the required forms and get the required forms from the seller, sumbit the original RC to RTO and within few days get a new RC smart card. The details of the vehicle are mentioned on the card, viz, model, manugacturer, engine and chasis number, Reg no , colour and no of owners is also updated.

OT: i even have the smart card for my insurance policy too.
Whoa!! Neat!! So, all the cops are equipped with the card readers in Delhi? am sure it'll take sometime for people to get used to it here, since its only been launched last month! I still have some reading to do about it! am not totally convinced with how its going to work but yeah, definitely sounds like the way forward! a little wallet tucked away in the corner of the dash with all the related cards it in, sounds convenient!!

Quote:
Its nice to hear that 4 more ZXIs are getting booked this week inspired by this thread. Two are from team-bhp and others through friends' references. Not counting the 'already booked and waiting' people.

Note: I am in no way professionaly related to FORD India. If these buyers co-ordinated on-time, I could have atleast bargained on a spoiler for FREE !
LOL Shaju!! like the idea of the spoiler!! but am sure its not too late yet you know! why dont you give it a shot!! 2 friend references can actually get you much more than just a spoiler!
Old 4th August 2009, 22:28   #205
Senior - BHPian

Today I got a call from Ford head office, Chennai. It was just a customer feed-back call. Interesting part was the question "Why I chose Fiesta over so many other sedans in the market"? I gave a 5 mts explanation which made the caller very happy, I thought he would send me a 'spoiler' free for the positive feed-back, but NO. No more freebies.

Raamki, I think its too late to ask for free things on the basis of promoting fiesta to others. If I talked about it at the time of delivery and then committed a number of customers that would come through me, I would have got something solid for sure. Out of all that 30 days waiting, my brain cells stoped working, so thought-process went very slow ! May be better luck next time.

Last edited by shajufx : 4th August 2009 at 22:29.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:48   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Raamki, I think its too late to ask for free things on the basis of promoting fiesta to others. If I talked about it at the time of delivery and then committed a number of customers that would come through me, I would have got something solid for sure. Out of all that 30 days waiting, my brain cells stoped working, so thought-process went very slow ! May be better luck next time.
It's very hard to really think about anything else during the waiting period, the excitement simply gets the better of you! very similar to what am going through right now! for the last 3 days, i've been eagerly waiting for a phone call from the dealer and am already running out of patience here! its been 8 days since we booked, the car 'still in transit' since Friday last! sigh!

Well yeah, guess that's precisely what we should do the next time around!! prospective buyers get together, decide on a particular car, head to the dealership and work out a super deal!!
Old 5th August 2009, 15:06   #207
Senior - BHPian

raamki. I totally comprehend what you are feeling right now.
I was going to book the Fiesta too, today. But I myself suggested against it, because Friday is a good, auspicious day, according to our elders. And also, I wanted mom to have a look at the colours, and the car before we lay the money on any of the variants.
I am super excited and the 15 days that I must wait (that's an optimistic calculation, considering promises from Ford dealers are almost always never met) will be like hell.
Bitter-sweet. But memorable.
cheers to all!
Old 5th August 2009, 15:25   #208
Senior - BHPian

The excitement part is just too much. Even if you are planning to buy a new mobile handset of 25k, are you not excited ? Now how can we sleep over a booking that costs above 7 laks ? You believe it or not, I almost lost my sleep throughout my 30 days waiting. I even went to the extend of dreaming of Ford MD and group coming to my house on my wife's birthday (5 days ahead of the promised time), bringing our car and a birthday cake. But all those were just dreams. Anyway that doesnt cost us anything.

Your car being on transit from Friday is something unheard of. Chennai to Bangalore is maximum 10 hours even if the carrier is driven by the laziest guy in the world ! Dealer gave me correct information about the transit part, it was informed 24 hours before I went for my PDI formalities at the stock yard (which was another drama posted in details).

About the grouping part, we should seriously consider that next time. What if the dealers are offering "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" ? Both of us will get a car for half the price ! Sounds too good.

Franky, so your 15 days waiting ends on 22nd August. Two other friends are booking Fiestas today. Even they are promised of a 10 days delivery. Lets see how this promise comes to light ! All the best to everyone ! Its literally raining Fiestas now. I saw 4 Fiesta ZXIs waiting for registration at the RTO yesterday.

Last edited by shajufx : 5th August 2009 at 15:28.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:52   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I was going to book the Fiesta too, today. But I myself suggested against it, because Friday is a good, auspicious day, according to our elders. And also, I wanted mom to have a look at the colours, and the car before we lay the money on any of the variants.
Totally agree! my Mom had the final say on the color with our car as well! she chose the platinum! Good luck with your buy Frank!!

Quote:
Your car being on transit from Friday is something unheard of. Chennai to Bangalore is maximum 10 hours even if the carrier is driven by the laziest guy in the world ! Dealer gave me correct information about the transit part, it was informed 24 hours before I went for my PDI formalities at the stock yard (which was another drama posted in details).

About the grouping part, we should seriously consider that next time. What if the dealers are offering "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" ? Both of us will get a car for half the price ! Sounds too good.
Apparently, the car allocated to us was dropped of at another dealership 'by mistake' and Metro is now trying to get it diverted back to them! so i have no idea where it is now, except for 'being in transit'!

About the buy one and get one free offer, i can best relate it to Tata Motors, buy a JAG and get a Nano free, LOL!
Old 5th August 2009, 17:08   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently, the car allocated to us was dropped of at another dealership 'by mistake' and Metro is now trying to get it diverted back to them! so i have no idea where it is now, except for 'being in transit'!
Just heard from the dealer, apparently they have given up on tracing the car and have placed a new order with the factory. He has promised to deliver it within next week! I really don't know what to say!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks