Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 20:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Finding a missing kid is easy in today's world with all our advanced gadgets and systems. Now a FORD dealer is telling they cant track a car that was sent from Chennai (which is not another country) ?? Ask them to give you FREE spoiler buddy, dont waste time ! If not atleast a sun film and reverse parking sensor. Try try until you succeed.
Old 5th August 2009, 21:42   #212
BHPian

So, here's the deal! because we are trading in our present car (at Rs.4L), we only paid a very nominal amount at the time of booking! And we've made a deal with him that we are not giving it away until the new car has been registered! so the moment it's registered, we're going to bring up the compensation topic for the delay. There were also complications in the Loan which just got cleared this afternoon (for the remaining amount), so am really suspecting they allotted that car to someone else!

Anyway, dad seems to be taking it easy unlike me, ! between, he hates the look of the spoiler! which means, we'll give the sun control films a shot!
Old 5th August 2009, 22:04   #213
BHPian

Oh man, it just keeps getting more complicated, LOL! just got off the phone with my dad!

So here's the actual story, the car that was promised to be delivered this week was never actually allotted to us, It was for another customer from another dealership who requested a delay in taking delivery. Now incidentally, because it was the same variant/color, Metro tried to redirect that car to us which obviously didn't work out due to various reasons, one reason being our loan took longer than usual time to get sanctioned, which meant their invoicing wasn't ready yet.

Anyway, here is how it stands as of now - Metro has confirmed that they have booked a car with the factory and claim it is currently in production! we will get an update on the delivery date soon!

So, am not really sure who is at fault here! But ideally, they should have made that booking on the day the advance was made instead of trying to divert a car, because we were really never in a 'hurry'!

Will keep you posted!
Old 6th August 2009, 12:31   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
it is currently in production! we will get an update on the delivery date soon!....So, am not really sure who is at fault here! But ideally, they should have made that booking on the day the advance was made instead of trying to divert a car, because we were really never in a 'hurry'!
Lets assume the dealer is always at fault, not us the poor souls who empty our wallets ! So, you are getting different stories each day, its more interesting than my waiting time. First it was 'in transit', then it was 'delivered to some other dealer', then it was 'tracing', again it was 'redirecting' and now its 'in production'. Wow Wow, congratulations on being a Ford customer soon. I pray tomorow they should not say 'plant is moving to Pune' !!

The only thing I hate about these dealers is, they never tell the truth. Either fear of losing a customer, or lying bigtime to withstand the competition. Both ways they are creating a bad name for sure. And I dont think they order the car at the plant after receiving an advance booking amount. There is always a fear of cancellation, change of mind in the variant or even the model, which makes them wait until atleast 50% of the cost is received from the customer. So, booking amount is considered as a sign of your interest in a particular car. Correct me if you find otherwise. Happy waiting !!!
Old 7th August 2009, 01:32   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Lets assume the dealer is always at fault, not us the poor souls who empty our wallets ! So, you are getting different stories each day, its more interesting than my waiting time. First it was 'in transit', then it was 'delivered to some other dealer', then it was 'tracing', again it was 'redirecting' and now its 'in production'. Wow Wow, congratulations on being a Ford customer soon. I pray tomorow they should not say 'plant is moving to Pune' !!

The only thing I hate about these dealers is, they never tell the truth. Either fear of losing a customer, or lying bigtime to withstand the competition. Both ways they are creating a bad name for sure. And I dont think they order the car at the plant after receiving an advance booking amount. There is always a fear of cancellation, change of mind in the variant or even the model, which makes them wait until atleast 50% of the cost is received from the customer. So, booking amount is considered as a sign of your interest in a particular car. Correct me if you find otherwise. Happy waiting !!!
Seriously, Won't be surprised if they tell me their plant has moved to pune, maybe it's next on their excuse list! Yeah, totally agree with you!!

The latest update is they have promised delivery by Thursday morning, next week which will be the 15th day of our waiting for this car! let's see how it turns out!
Old 7th August 2009, 13:37   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they have promised delivery by Thursday morning, next week which will be the 15th day of our waiting for this car! let's see how it turns out!
So that turns out to be a 15 days normal waiting end of the day ! Hope they dont change their mind again !

Updates from my side:

Side strips have come to the service centre and they are getting painted today. I might get it fixed by this weekend. I chose the normal body coloured side strips which cost 3000.

I have started checking Alloys and tire upgrades. Almost fixing on Michelin Energy XM1+ with the 185/65/R14 profile which varies between 3600 to 3800 place to place. Plati 5 spoke hyper silver (model PY 297), set of 4 comes to 13000. I am yet to get an exchange quote on the stock MRF tires that have done 110 kms as of today. It might vary within 1700 to 2000, which is yet to be confirmed.

So my total cost of XM1+ on a Plati PY297, four sets, might come down to 20k to 21k. Presently Michelin is giving a travel bag worth 2000 for a set of 4 tires until 31st August. Its claimed to be a reebok trolly bag. My target for these upgrades are within the next 10 days. Will keep this place updated.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:33   #217
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shajufx, congrats on yor new buy.
Was particularly surprised by the problems of the reverse parking sensor that you have been facing.
I got it as a deal with the Ikon I bought in feb this year. It is of Autocop with just 4 sensors(black in color). It has been working fine as of now.A scooter fellow even bumped the bumper from behind, but still no issues. Hope it gets rectified soon.

@Raamki : Hope you will start a new thread and write in detail all your experience.
can't read two long waiting period stories in one thread and I do hope you get your car super fast.
All the best to both of you. Hope you enjoy your ride to the fullest.
Old 7th August 2009, 23:02   #218
BHPian

@shajufx
seems we both have the same config for the wheels and rim.i also got the same tires and another plati model rims.
btw i got 2k for the MRF after running for 100 kms.
Old 8th August 2009, 00:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
So my total cost of XM1+ on a Plati PY297, four sets, might come down to 20k to 21k. Presently Michelin is giving a travel bag worth 2000 for a set of 4 tires until 31st August. Its claimed to be a reebok trolly bag. My target for these upgrades are within the next 10 days. Will keep this place updated.
super stuff shaju, and oh yeah, am aware of the Michelin Bag offer, i guess 20k is a pretty good price for the plati-michelin combo even after the buyback! sounds a good deal! go for it! let me know where you get it done though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
@Raamki : Hope you will start a new thread and write in detail all your experience.
can't read two long waiting period stories in one thread and I do hope you get your car super fast.
Thanks a ton buddy, i sure hope i'll get the car soon as well!! and yes, will start a new thread on my driving experiences!!

I've already used up enough on Shaju's thread, he must be an angry man already!!
Old 8th August 2009, 10:10   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
seems we both have the same config for the wheels and rim.i also got the same tires and another plati model rims.btw i got 2k for the MRF after running for 100 kms.
Thanks for the info buddy. I am also advised to check the 195/60/R14 of Continental Premium Contact 2 (CPC2) which costs 4k but with equal comfort and quality of XM1+. That might also give a better look and grip as the profile is still wider. Exchanging stock tire part, I still need to do some bargaining to get it to 2000 figure.

Quote:
I've already used up enough on Shaju's thread, he must be an angry man already!!
Hey comeon buddy, there is nothing like your space or my space here. We stick to certain threads only because communication is easy and the subject is not scattered. If there was an existing 1.6 ZXI thread, I would not have started this too. Ownership review is personal, certain people have issues while running-in, or after covering certain kilometers etc. So there might be personalised things to share and discuss. I will stick to this thread for all my fiesta things. Atleast its easy for others who look for similar things.
Old 8th August 2009, 10:25   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Ram, I have no clue about that XX part. The number I entered are exactly as I have noted from the floor next to the fuel tank lever as well as mentioned in the dealer Invoice. None of the links are able to provide the details. Here is a picture of the VIN, no clue about the manufacturing details until I get the RC book, but I am very sure its of 2009 as mentioned in the insurance certificate!
Shaju, luck finally with the VIN!!!! your vehicle manufacture date decodes to Jul 2009!

Your VIN Decoded

The VIN code MAJBXXMRJB9AXXXXX breaks down as
Manufacturer Identifier: MAJ
Body type: 3 Door Hatchback
Line: M
Assembly Plant: R
Model: Fiesta
Year: Position 11 (9)
Month: A (Jul - according to the table)
Production Sequence: 37105

Source: Mad Moles VIN Decoder . Thanks to Frank!
Old 8th August 2009, 10:41   #222
Senior - BHPian

Ramki I was posting about the same on frank's thread. Somehow the VIN is not complete. Its showing 3 door hatchback, in reality ours is 4 door sedan !
Old 8th August 2009, 10:51   #223
BHPian

yeah, i ponder'ed over the 3-door hatchback bit as well but tell you what, this is the only decoder that identifies the Model as Fiesta, maybe its referring to the new fiesta hatchback in europe? possible, but its the closest to being accurate if not bang on target!
Old 8th August 2009, 11:19   #224
Senior - BHPian

yea, even i figured this is the closest to what we could get. atleast it showed the year and month of manufacture. and the production line and assembly plant.
i think the 3 door-4 door thing can be overlooked as the rest of the stuff looks pretty accurate.
Old 9th August 2009, 11:22   #225
Senior - BHPian

My auto-cop reverse parking sensor display has conked again ! It was working on the 3rd time changed centre unit, now I dont know what is to be done. Is there any point changing the same sub-standard unit one more time ? Somehow I hate the quality of the auto-cop product. I am regretting each moment for trusting the dealer sale guy to fit auto cop. If I went with my brain, I would have chosen redsoul for sure, even the quote was taken before I took the vehicle delivery. Atleast I would have enjoyed peace of mind for a better quality product. Now this damn thing is under 2 year warranty, but if they continue replacing with their low standard stuff, I am wondering how many more times they will open up the whole thing to repair.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks