Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 10:23   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Yes I checked your thread, it looks like a good quality unit, and I was sure of their quality of service. Someone had told me that the voice could be changed to a male, kid etc. not sure if I heard on redsoul or some other brand. Franky has already taken delivery and photos are up too. Great. Hubli friends are yet to get back with latest info. If cars have not reached, then next possible day is only 17th Monday.

I am overexcited and waiting for tomorow, my tire+alloy day !
Hey shaju, congrats on the tires/alloys!! do post pics after you get them fitted!! Nope, the redsoul fitted on our car has only the mute option, you can only turn off the lady from talking, can't change her voice!

One question, are you filling her up with normal petrol with the iftex system-g additive as recommended or with premium petrol (which already has this added)?

We decided not to go with any Sun films for now, i am very keen on getting seat covers though, once the plastic covers are off the stock seats, i feel they can get stained/dirty very easily, what do you think?

________
31 States, 1618 Languages, 6400 Castes, 6 Religion, 6 Ethnic Groups, 29 Major festivals & 1 Country!! Be Proud to be an Indian! Happy Independence Day!! Jai Hind!

Last edited by raamki : 15th August 2009 at 10:27.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:27   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Hey shaju, congrats on the tires/alloys!! .... are you filling her up with normal petrol with the iftex system-g additive as recommended or with premium petrol (which already has this added)?......
i feel they can get stained/dirty very easily, what do you think?
I think everything related to my Fiesta is big-time waiting, patience testing and re-testing. Right from the 30 days of waiting for delivery, over 15 days of reparing and replacing of reverse sensor, over 24 days of waiting for side strips (its not yet fixed as of now, still waiting with the sales chap jagron of 'tomorow' 'tomorow' 'tomorow') and now the 4 days waiting for alloys and tires (alloys have come to the shop but still waiting for michelins to reach by today). I have not received my RC book too.

I am using the normal petrol, but its recommended to be used with the system-G, which I will be filling from next petrol fill, although its not a must. Regarding the seats, I also thought the same when I removed the plastcis on the first day itself. But its fresh so far, could last for few months until I gather some money for leather seats.

Photo session was planned for last weekend, but due to the delay in alloy+tire+side strips, its been pushed forward.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:42   #273
BHPian

Quote:
I have not received my RC book too. I am using the normal petrol, but its recommended to be used with the system-G, which I will be filling from next petrol fill, although its not a must.
Oh man!! i really don't know what to say!! i only hope you get those side strips soon, maybe you should call that manager from Ford again, if you think it's going to help!

About the RC book, the sales person said ours will take at least 1 more month as it was going to be a Smart card, so maybe that's the reason yours is getting delayed as well, maybe you might want to check on that again!

I filled BP's premium petrol which costs 3rs 80ps more than their normal petrol, maybe i will switch back and forth between fills and monitor the FE am getting and the engine's performance as well.

Looking forward to seeing your morello baby in alloys+michelin soon!!
Old 17th August 2009, 18:14   #274
Senior - BHPian

Raamki, certain things are difficult to understand in life ! In my case, its the same thing happening. I was supposed to get the side strips maximum by 5th of August. Today is 17th, still no commitment. I called up the sales manager of Metro, he is in Mysore and will attend to my request first thing tomorow morning.

Restitching of the steering wheel cover was promised for last Thursday, I didnt want to drive with a poking steering wheel, so cut everything open, bought 3 meters of black thicker thread and a big needle from a fancy store (total cost Rs.8/-), stitched it myself, its looking great now. Now I got a hang of it, so I might keep changing the thread colour when I get bored !

Alloys and Michelins were supposed to be done by Saturday. But again, only the alloys reached the shop by saturday evening, so I didnt opt for double work. Looks like there was some shortage of Michelins supply since few holidays came together last week. It was promised for today morning, but the tires have reached the shop only now ( 6 pm ). So, I have no choice but to go there in the morning and get it done, since I cant spare around 90 mts from work right now. I usually start my work around 12.30pm (UK Open) everyday, so anyway I have so much of time in the mornings.

August 23rd (only 6 days left), I will complete 30 days after delivery, but I really hope all the basic fittings and upgrades could be completed before that. Hands are itching to go for a highway feel, heart is waiting to go for a photo shoot too. Waiting saga continues !

ODO as of now: 170 kms with very restricted weekend usage !
Old 17th August 2009, 18:32   #275
BHPian

yep!! really hope all your waiting troubles get sorted out by the 23rd, seriously!!

between, hats off to you for limiting your usage to just 170kms in almost a month since you got your vehicle!! I cannot resist driving the car at the moment, LOL! Infact, its over at my dad's place and i only get to drive her around over the weekends!! (me and wifey live in south bangalore - closer to our workplaces).

We drove to Nandi Hills and back over the weekend, 110 kms of sheer driving fun and i simply couldn't get enough of her, the roads are brilliant!!

you should take yours over this weekend on the new tyres!! infact, you'll enjoy her more on the michelins!!
Old 17th August 2009, 18:48   #276
Senior - BHPian

You bet raamki, I am just impatiently waiting to get the tires done. Infact you have also given me some inspiration for Nandi hills or outstation locations. Its safer too when the H1N1 is doing its rounds.

Yesterday I had to meet a friend of mine (who came from Kerala) at Bangalore Central. Since the car was in the 'waiting for new tires' stage, I had to take my Honda Activa for the ride. I couldnt believe, I reached Bangalore central from Hebbal in just 15 mts. With the car, I would have reached within 10 mts. Roads were almost empty. Plenty of parking everywhere. We also did bit of shopping, all the trial rooms were empty. Restaurant on top looked like a psunami affected beach. I said good bye to my friend (and his 4 member group), came to church street YOKOS. Long time I was waiting to try some sizzlers. Again plenty of parking areas. I was the only person inside YOKOS (1.15pm= peak lunch hours) until my order reached the table. I saw only 2 more tables occupied when I left the place. Reaching back home was again just 15 mts.

So, H1N1 is seriously keeping people indoors. Nobody wants to take a chance. I wonder how the lalbagh flower show etc are going on. Went bit OT, sorry. Outstation trip is fixed. Thanks again.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th August 2009 at 18:50.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:33   #277

"He advised System-G on a 1ml to 1 ltr petrol ratio, "
Dear Shajufx,
I got the delivery of my new ZXI on 14th. Neither sales nor service guy recommended additives. The Ikon owners at my place use system- g. I realised that after I came home. So I called the service guy today to ask if he forgot about it.
He said that they aren't recommending this in the new 1.6 cars any more.He's one Mr.Moorthy from Metroford Hubli.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:36   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxis View Post
"He advised System-G on a 1ml to 1 ltr petrol ratio, "
Dear Shajufx,
I got the delivery of my new ZXI on 14th. Neither sales nor service guy recommended additives. The Ikon owners at my place use system- g. I realised that after I came home. So I called the service guy today to ask if he forgot about it.
He said that they aren't recommending this in the new 1.6 cars any more.He's one Mr.Moorthy from Metroford Hubli.
Really? My manual recommends it, and I've been using it on and off all the while!!
Old 18th August 2009, 00:52   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I had to meet a friend of mine (who came from Kerala) at Bangalore Central.
I said good bye to my friend (and his 4 member group), came to church street YOKOS...
You're serious?? on the contrary, i was at Forum to do a little bit of shopping last evening and it was Crowded!! there were people everywhere!! and surprisingly, only 10-15% of the population were actually masked!! the others including me and wifey did'nt really seem to care!

my mouth is already watering now, absolutely love sizzlers!! we used to go to this place called New Yorkers (end of church street, close to kc das) for sizzlers but am going to check YOKOS out probably this weekend!! thanks for that!!

Wifey's been keen on going to the flower show, i guess it's relatively safe to go with a mask on, just in case!! but nevertheless, Nandi Hills is a safe bet for sure, clean and fresh air all the way!!

Quote:
"He advised System-G on a 1ml to 1 ltr petrol ratio, "He said that they aren't recommending this in the new 1.6 cars any more.He's one Mr.Moorthy from Metroford Hubli.
the sales person at metro here in bangalore was very particular about either adding system g with normal unleaded petrol or filling her up at either Shell or premium fuel at other pumps!! and yeah, the manual recommends system g as well!!

Last edited by raamki : 18th August 2009 at 00:53.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:16   #280
Senior - BHPian

At last I am on Michelin and Alloys !

Quote:
Neither sales nor service guy recommended additives.
I have no clue how same dealer could give different directions (Metro) ! Anyway its an optional thing, not a must. I will be buying system-G from my next fill, somehow forgot at the first fill. I dont know in what quantity it comes, because I prefer to buy a 100 ml can (enough for 100 ltrs petrol) and keep it in the boot itself, atleast I dont forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
we used to go to this place called New Yorkers (end of church street, close to kc das) for sizzlers but am going to check YOKOS out probably this weekend!!
I dont know about new yorkers, but I think we are talking about the same place end of church street (opp to K C Das). Its a franchisee of YOKOS (mumbai based chain). Each time I try sizzlers I burn my toungue, now I am out of taste for 2 days. May be I eat it with a revengeful attitude LOL !! I find very funny to see crowd with masks. In fact its only the ones who feel like they have been infected, need to wear them. Somehow all the mask companies are having the best business in their history.

Now here are my tires and alloys:

Michelin Energy XM1+ 185/65/R14 all 5 tires with Plati PY297 set of 4, fitted with chrome nuts. Balancing is completed, allignment is required only at a later stage which can be done free. I got the free reebok travel bag and a cute michelin pen. Now the ride, WOWOWW, its like you are on a sponge bed while driving. I was doing 50 kmph on a very bad potholed road, it was a pleasure. Did 120 kmph on the outer ring road in a small open stretch of 1.5 km. I felt it gained higher speed much faster than the stocks. My detailed comments will be only after doing a 20 to 30 kms stretch on the weekend. Waiting for that.

Side strips story almost came to a resolution today. As I posted yesterday, I spoke to the sales manager and came to know no such order was placed by the sales chap (even after collecting 1100Rs from me on 24th July). So, SM placed an order today and will get it fitted on Thursday morning. Now thats another black feather on the sales chap's cap. I am just ignoring it, because we have many other better things to do in life. He is like a 'dog's tale', you cant straighten it no matter what you do with it ! But reality is METRO FORD WILL LOSE ITS NAME THROUGH THIS GUY WITH WHOMEVER HE IS INTERACTING WITH. He tells lies in a row, for many days, until you run out of all your patience.

Few random pictures !
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-20.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-21.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-22.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-23.jpg
Old 18th August 2009, 13:22   #281
Senior - BHPian

BEAUUUUUUUUTIFUL sir. Congrats. I know how it feels to upgrade from stock tyres!! Have a great drive, she's a stonker sirji.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:23   #282
Senior - BHPian

Alloy looks good. Muscular one for the 100BHP car.
Old 18th August 2009, 14:44   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Shaju! A little unfortunate we couldnt meet, but hey! There's always next time!

The alloys look good! I can just imagine the floating cushion ride you must be experiencing now. Drive safe and enjoy!
Old 18th August 2009, 15:05   #284
BHPian

AWESOME!! enjoy the ride!! am going to get the same ones maybe in a couple of months from probably the same guy!! and am glad you sorted the issue with the side strips as well!!

Lady luck is finally on your side, shaju!! or maybe its the burnt tongue??

Last edited by raamki : 18th August 2009 at 15:07.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:13   #285
BHPian

excellent looking alloys, good choice, congrats shaju. what is the air pressure do you maintain?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks