Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:02   #16
BHPian

Morello is definitely the color to go for. I have seen it on Ikon and it looks great, on Fiesta it is bound to look better!

BTW, what all things does this DTE display show? Is it full fledged trip-comp like Linea?
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
but then I was bowled over by the curves of the Linea!
An Italian wife looks better than an American for sure !! But if you keep them on a racing track, italian lady will pant and fall (she might lose some of her ribs too = plastics inside linea), you can bet on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
BTW, what all things does this DTE display show? Is it full fledged trip-comp like Linea?
It shows only the Distance To Empty, total ODO and trip meters, nothing else.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:12   #18
BHPian

I am in the same boat a Sajufx trying to finalize a sedan, I am planning to get the Zxi as well, the sales guy quoted me 6.93 in chennai. I liked the car and it is a fun machine. But, I had little difficulty in reaching out to the clutch (I had to stretch a bit & I think this might be an issue while driving in the city traffic), even after pulling up the driver's seat to the maximum. My doubt is if this is a problem with the demo car or is the car designed to be that way, I am 5ft 5inch tall.

Can any one throw me some light on the maintenance side of this car? the general perception is that the cars from Ford and GM are expensive to maintain, how true is that?
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
OK!! What does that DTE stand for? An acronym maybe? The price tag sure makes it a very tempting option.

Last edited by ported_head : 22nd June 2009 at 23:47. Reason: Removing bit on Linea owners, as it is leading the thread off topic.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:

And this is what ford has given in its website. I have not seen a single one on road so far (launched only 6 months back). Will see it in real on Wednesday. I hope it will be unique on road unless some BPO plans to give all its 1000 staff same color personal car in the future !
Attachment 151141

Thanks netarchie !
This is very nice color. I also had same wish to go for this color. This Color also called as mystic wine. A slight diff darker shade of this Morello.
What ever hope you will enjoy the Fiesta Drive. I too drive the same heart with diff shell
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
OK!! What does that DTE stand for? An acronym maybe?
Well, DTE stands for Distance To Empty. Shows how much more kms you can do before you run out of fuel.
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shaju welcome to the Ford Family. The Fiesta is a fantastic vehicle, completely VFM. I have had 4 troublefree years of the Ikon and love the handling of the Fords.
Wish you a wonderful ownership experience bro.
Old 23rd June 2009, 00:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shaju ! . Time to change your avatar pic . Do post plenty of pics when it arrives.
Old 23rd June 2009, 02:33   #24
BHPian

Zxi 1.6

Congrats Shaju,
Great choice, it is the best drivers car. Aftre sales service would be a big question mark. If your car is aligned with experts for service .... you will a proud and happy owner for Ford.

ALL the best
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arien, do you find any difficulty in maintaining the light shade seats ? Have you fixed any accessories like reverse sensor, broader tires etc. ? Thanks.
i did fit mine with 185/65 michellin XM1+ and alloys.im planning to go for reverse sensors sooner.the seat covers do get soiled if your not very careful.i got G-sport art leathers, you can check out my garage pics!
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Conrats Shaju.

Fiesta is a great car. I have driven it on several occasions. 3 in my friends and family. But all 3 diesel variant.

What is the claimed mileage on the petrol variant?

Surely its the best buy sedan in under 8 lacs segment with so many goodies loaded.

Do upload detailed pics as soon as you get the delivery and initialy ownership experience.

One thing i have never understood is, why so many people [atleast here in ahmedbad] have a prejudice for FORD cars and avoid them as much as possible? Some say poor service by dealer, some say expensive spares. and some just dont go for it because others are buying ANHC, LINEA, VERNA, and hence they follow the trend.
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:20   #27
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Shaju. Nice choice of car and color.

This is how Morello looks like on the Ikon.

Name:  ikon.bmp
Views: 6150
Size:  900.1 KB
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I had little difficulty in reaching out to the clutch.....Can any one throw me some light on the maintenance side of this car?
I am 5' 8" and felt very comfortable reaching the clutch with the mid level seating. If I push the seat to max back, my feet wont reach the pedals, means its for 6' 5"+ people. Plus you can tilt the steering to your comfortable position. Maintenance part of FORD is thing of the past. Now its as equal as having a maruti. They have published a booklet comparing the spare parts cost with Logan, Dzire, Honda city, Verna etc. as extracts from March 2009 issue of AUTOCAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I too drive the same heart with diff shell
Yes I too liked the Fusion, but the waiting period for Fusion Plus petrol is 2 months or more. I hate to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wish you a wonderful ownership experience bro.
Thanks, we have a decent size Ford wallahs around here. Glad to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Time to change your avatar pic. Do post plenty of pics when it arrives.
Thanks, I am a die-hard Jeep fan, may be I should have my dream Jeep when my kids are atleast 7 years old. Its only due to their age, I am not allowed to have an open vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
After sales service would be a big question mark. ALL the best
Thanks, after-sales of Ford has improved so much, they started caring for customers, considering the highly competitive automobile market here. I have seen another thread here, a member getting total replacement of his car from Ford. Afterall Ford is centuries ahead of Skoda in that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i did fit mine with 185/65 michellin XM1+ and alloys.im planning to go for reverse sensors sooner.the seat covers do get soiled if your not very careful.i got G-sport art leathers, you can check out my garage pics!
Yes, thats an apt upgrade for the best handling. I might wait for a month or two for more Vitamin M to get that done. Fabric in camel color with 2 tiny tots, I can imagine how it would look in 2 months. May be I have to get it completely dirty before getting the leather covering. You garage looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
What is the claimed mileage on the petrol variant? Do upload detailed pics as soon as you get the delivery and initial ownership experience......Some say poor service by dealer, some say expensive spares.
Petrol gives 10 in the city and 14 on highway as an average, provided you can control the itching sensation to floor the pedal all the time and to ignore that addictive exhaust note that can be heard at every gear change. Afterall its a 1.6 L engine that just roars along the road. It has a kerb weight of only 1130 kgs compared to my previous wagonR that had 930 kgs (kerb weight 885 kgs + amp, sub, speakers, damping etc = 45kgs) max power output 101 and 64 respectively. So, If I could take my wagonR like a rocket, I cant imagine how this thing would fly. May be I should move my home towards new airport, devanahalli.

Thanks Ben for the pic. It would look very attractive in real, according to few friends who have seen it. I saw one indica in similar color today, it was not metallic though. It might look dull if kept in the sun regularly. Thanks to the builder, I have a covered parking.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:16   #29
BHPian

I too test drove Ford Fiest Sports last week and I completely agree that it's so much fun to drive. I have actually fallen in love with the car.

Last edited by akbaree : 23rd June 2009 at 14:17.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

hey what is that deal of 5.5 for feista petrol in today's TOI NCR. Please check, to me deal looks very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
hi shaju
I test drove a fiesta diesel today; but i want to go for petrol one . For petrol ZXi the price quoted by Metro Ford Hubli is 7.53. They promised to give 10000 exchange bonus and 5000 corporate discount. That would bring it to 7.38! Please tell me the break up of your discounts so that I can tell the same to the manager in Hubli; after all they are a sister concern of the Metro Ford in bangy. Thank you
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks