Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 15:38   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I know how it feels to upgrade from stock tyres!! Have a great drive, she's a stonker sirji.
Thanks sirji, btw, I am struggling to keep up with your updates since you have more than 3 threads running on your 1.6 S cargasm !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Alloy looks good. Muscular one for the 100BHP car.
Glad to hear that dasji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
A little unfortunate we couldnt meet....I can just imagine the floating cushion ride you must be experiencing now.
I am really sorry bro, the distance and the time constraints made me go for my next-door shop. I will compensate that by sending 2 guys to your place very soon (innova & skoda).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
and am glad you sorted the issue with the side strips as well!! Lady luck is finally on your side, shaju!! or maybe its the burnt tongue??
Thanks raamki, btw, did you use that 5 ltr coupon already ? I am really waiting for this weekend. Nandi hills is echoing in mind all the time. Wifee has started complaining "oh you dont give me a chance to drive", I was consoling her "please wait for the tire-change, we will go out-station and you can drive throughout". But now I realise, with the new XM1+ its a pain to allow anyone to sit on the driver's seat. I am confused ! What other excuse can I tell her to own my seat again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
excellent looking alloys, good choice, congrats shaju. what is the air pressure do you maintain?
Thanks, its recommended to have 32 psi on all 4. May be I have to experiment a bit within 30 to 33 to get the most comfortable figure.

My society is trying to conserve maximum water possible, as the meetings on rain water harvesting is at its peak, so car washing is restricted to once or twice a week. Considering this situation, I have ordered a car duster through ebay. Its from Jopasu (mumbai) costing 475 including courier. As long as it rains, I prefer to take the car out of the basement parking and wait near the garden (guest parking area) for 15 mts, I get a very clean natural and FREE wash. Take it back to the basement and the rest will be done with a medium sized towel. My contribution to society ! Since my usage is mainly the weekends, I always pray for a Friday Night rain LOL !!
Old 18th August 2009, 15:41   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sirji, btw, I am struggling to keep up with your updates since you have more than 3 threads running on your 1.6 S cargasm !

you bet. even I am finding it tough to keep up with those threads. LOL.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:47   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

I am really sorry bro, the distance and the time constraints made me go for my next-door shop.

Thanks, its recommended to have 32 psi on all 4. May be I have to experiment a bit within 30 to 33 to get the most comfortable figure.
No problems at all!

Since you upsized, go down a bit. Try 30 and then 29 or 28. Dont go up to 33.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:52   #289
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nikhil, I will try 30 psi, that sounds more practical. Here is a copy of the stock Vs 185/65 figures as requested by someone.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-xm1.jpg

Also some members might remember the alloy design which I had posted many pages back. That was HR (Chrome) and I was lucky to get the same design in Plati (hyper silver). Pic will explain below;
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-hrplati.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 18th August 2009 at 16:02.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:22   #290
BHPian

Now you are all set. Only the side strips are missing, which I guess you will be getting soon. Enjoy the drive.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:42   #291
BHPian

Those alloys looks super hot! And the tires look meaty too.

Did you not consider upgrading to R15? Would have enhanced the sporty look even more and also you would've got a higher GC.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:49   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Now you are all set. Only the side strips are missing, which I guess you will be getting soon. Enjoy the drive.
Time to meet up. Let me know when is your long drives scheduled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Those alloys looks super hot! And the tires look meaty too.Did you not consider upgrading to R15? Would have enhanced the sporty look even more and also you would've got a higher GC.
1.6 S has stiffer suspension and R15. I liked the R15 idea and seriously wanted that, but few users suggested against it, connected to bumpy ride.
Old 18th August 2009, 22:05   #293
BHPian

Shaju the alloys are super cool. Great going man. Now it is the time to start research on set covers so that we can buy them in a month or two.
Old 18th August 2009, 23:13   #294
superveloce

hey shajufx

dats a stonking ride you got there!! i was unsure how it would turn out when you mentioned that your goin for plati. im not a fan of plati, im more of a lenso guy. but i must say, your color choice and the alloys look so damn good. thats a perfect match.

Old 19th August 2009, 00:15   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks raamki, btw, did you use that 5 ltr coupon already ? I am really waiting for this weekend. Nandi hills is echoing in mind all the time. Wifee has started complaining "oh you dont give me a chance to drive", I was consoling her "please wait for the tire-change, we will go out-station and you can drive throughout". But now I realise, with the new XM1+ its a pain to allow anyone to sit on the driver's seat. I am confused ! What other excuse can I tell her to own my seat again?
I never got that 5 ltr coupon!! just the box of chocolates!!

Lol, you got me there!! we always run out of excuses when it comes to our better halves!!
Old 19th August 2009, 00:57   #296
Senior - BHPian

hey shaju, i wanted to ask this question. when you lock the car with the button on the key, for how long do the green speedo and head unit lights glow? i saw them even 3-4 minutes after locking the car. I know for a fact that they go off, but why so long?????
Old 19th August 2009, 01:17   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
hey shaju, i wanted to ask this question. when you lock the car with the button on the key, for how long do the green speedo and head unit lights glow? i saw them even 3-4 minutes after locking the car. I know for a fact that they go off, but why so long?????
Ive waited for atleast a good 5-6 minutes for them to go off after locking the car!! they're definitely not glowing the next morning but wondering how long they are ON before eventually going off myself!!
Old 19th August 2009, 01:18   #298
Senior - BHPian

haaaaaa haaaaaaaaa. maybe they have a mind of their own. like Christine ;-)
Old 19th August 2009, 09:55   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Ive waited for atleast a good 5-6 minutes for them to go off after locking the car!! they're definitely not glowing the next morning but wondering how long they are ON before eventually going off myself!!
Isnt there any setting available for the "time out" period for the head lamps? By logic, there should be one, but it might be other way round as well.

Please check if there is anything available to adjust the timing
Old 19th August 2009, 11:26   #300
Senior - BHPian

i think its some combination of buttons on the key. but i am ok if the light goes off. pretty space age ;-0
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks