Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 11:36   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Ive waited for atleast a good 5-6 minutes for them to go off after locking the car!! they're definitely not glowing the next morning but wondering how long they are ON before eventually going off myself!!
I remember reading somewhere that it stays on for 10 minutes. My wife recently saw this and thought something was wrong. When I told her, she asked 'what is the logic for that?'.

I had none, but came up with an answer---'to help your envious neighbour know how much I've driven the beast'.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:20   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never got that 5 ltr coupon!! just the box of chocolates!!
Oh, its ok since its only a 250 Rs stuff, but franky or someone mentioned he got a 500 rs coupon instead of a 5 ltr one. That would have been a better offer. Even Maruti offers these coupons, may be you can give a call to your sales chap and ask if he forgot about it. Your car is close to the dealer, so why say no to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
when you lock the car with the button on the key, for how long do the green speedo and head unit lights glow??
As far as I understand, its a greenish, very low power consuming light (same like digital watch lights) that goes off in 5 mts or 10 mts. Once I noticed it going off in 3 mts. Doors were kept open, I was cleaning the glass areas. Then it came ON when I closed one door. Not yet figured out the timing part. Best thing I like about Fiesta is, 'company leaves so many things for you to explore and excited about' . Each day I am digging out different parts and getting excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
but came up with an answer---'to help your envious neighbour know how much I've driven the beast'.
Thats the best explanation I heard so far. Could be very true.

One thing I realise in its full meaning as of today, it would have been a terrible decision if I bought any other car without checking out the Fiesta. Fiesta was never in my list of test drives. My friend who is with KPMG forced me to include it in the list. There is no ways to thank him, it was a turning point. I enjoy every second I spent in my Fiesta, I really want to sit back and feel the rear seat comfort, but I am heavily glued to the driver seat, until my wifee kicks me to the back seat to get a feel of the steering. Afterall its in her name, I cant argue !
Old 19th August 2009, 13:55   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ive waited for atleast a good 5-6 minutes for them to go off after locking the car!! they're definitely not glowing the next morning but wondering how long they are ON before eventually going off myself!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I remember reading somewhere that it stays on for 10 minutes. My wife recently saw this and thought something was wrong. When I told her, she asked 'what is the logic for that?'.
The exact timing delay is mentioned in the manual. I remember the night we got her home - parked & went up. Peered out from the first floor balcony a few minutes later & saw the green glow. I was like ....something's wrong! Called up the sales exec (poor guy, it was around 10pm & he must have just got home!) & he patiently explained that it was all part of the process!
Old 19th August 2009, 16:06   #304
Senior - BHPian

Only issue I can think about that display is when you park it in public. Anybody can peep in and see the total ODO figure, making it a loud statement how much the car has run. So a thief who is looking for 'not much used' car can easily make up his mind.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:16   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Only issue I can think about that display is when you park it in public. Anybody can peep in and see the total ODO figure, making it a loud statement how much the car has run. So a thief who is looking for 'not much used' car can easily make up his mind.
I wont be surprised if there are accessories now available to cover the ODO while it's parked, specially made for the fiesta, lol!! but yeah, agree with you on that one!!

that said, if i can remember what the sales chap had mentioned at the time of delivery, Ford cars in India can never be stolen because of their key design! and even if the 'thief' is successful in jumstarting the car, the engine will seize in under 30 seconds!!

he also claimed there have never been incidents of a ford car being stolen in India, ever!

Haven't verified this info but definitely makes you feel more secure as a ford car owner!
Old 19th August 2009, 17:34   #306
Senior - BHPian

WOW, I never heard of such things. A FORD is never stolen in India ? Thats a great thing to hear. I just love the key, it looks very attractive. I think we can even use it as a self-protective weapon in case of a road-rage. Poking it against the bone, one will cry for life !! But, use it with a heart .
Old 19th August 2009, 17:37   #307
BHPian

Quote:
that said, if i can remember what the sales chap had mentioned at the time of delivery, Ford cars in India can never be stolen because of their key design! and even if the 'thief' is successful in jumstarting the car, the engine will seize in under 30 seconds!!

he also claimed there have never been incidents of a ford car being stolen in India, ever!

Haven't verified this info but definitely makes you feel more secure as a ford car owner!
Quote:
WOW, I never heard of such things. A FORD is never stolen in India ? Thats a great thing to hear.
I hope this is true, and not just another salesman talk.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:26   #308
BHPian

Quote:
WOW, I never heard of such things. A FORD is never stolen in India ? Thats a great thing to hear. I just love the key, it looks very attractive. I think we can even use it as a self-protective weapon in case of a road-rage. Poking it against the bone, one will cry for life !! But, use it with a heart .
Shaju, you sure have some ideas up your sleeve!! poke away!! i like!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I hope this is true, and not just another salesman talk.
I really hope so too!! he said the keys were security coded and can never be duplicated, which i believe is true! in case of a lost key, only ford can come to the rescue, apparently they re-program and issue a new key which explains why the replacement comes at a price!! (approx 3k)

found this article after a search on google which talks about the innovative key systems ford offers! PRdomain.com | Ford India | FORD brands offer innovative key systems

quoting a para from the article on the link above:

Ignition immobilizers consist of an electronic chip in the key that communicates with computers on the vehicle. When the driver inserts the key in the ignition, its chip performs an encrypted communication with the car's computer asking it if an algorithmic code -- a number with 18 million billion combinations -- is correct. If the code is correct, the computer starts the car. The code is reset with a different series of numbers each time the key is used.

Last edited by raamki : 19th August 2009 at 18:32.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:59   #309
Senior - BHPian

yes, that is what is called a 'Rolling Code Immobilizer.'
Old 20th August 2009, 12:42   #310
Senior - BHPian

The side strip (beading) story continues as a mega TV episode. It will be a complete 1 month waiting this weekend. So, thats 1 month waiting for the car delivery and another month waiting for the side strips. I am lucky that I didnt order any other things from the dealer, otherwise I would have wasted entire month of september too. With the troubles repeated for every need, I shot a mail to the Ford RSM explaining everything. Lets see if there is any solution.

Now there is another thing which needs immediate solution. Thats the alloy wheel chrome nuts which need an allan key for removal. Allan key is already given by the tire shop owner, but our fiesta stock 'nut driver' is 2 sizes less than the allan key size ( 19 Vs 21). I have asked tire shop to get it for me. He quoted Rs.250 for it, I am not sure of the pricing. So, without these 21 size 'nut driver', you cant remove the alloys in case of a puncture somewhere in an isolated place. To replace the stepney tire you need the stock 'nut driver' too.

I also ordered a Jopasu car duster through ebay (475 including courier). Infact I wanted the 'original california duster' which is available on amazon, but not shipped to India. Days ahead are the 'dry cleaning' era, as the world is going to run out of even drinking water very soon. Our society permits water wash only once a week as an important measure to preserve the water resources. I heard some of the apartments in Bangalore south is already depending on tanker supply for everything.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:54   #311
BHPian

Quote:
I also ordered a Jopasu car duster through ebay (475 including courier). Infact I wanted the 'original california duster' which is available on amazon, but not shipped to India.
The California Car Duster with multiple kits is available on 20North for shipping in India, infact it's a bangalore based company. Here's the link:

Shop in the US from India @ 20North - california+car+duster : All

If the link does'nt work, go to Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands and search for 'California Car Duster'.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:01   #312
Senior - BHPian

Thanks raamki, now I will wait to receive my ebay order and see how good it is. The only purpose is a scratchless cleaning. And with these dusters, it saves time and water too.

By the way, have you tried filling system G ? I am giving up my search for it, almost covered 2 HP pumps, 2 IOC pumps, 1 BP outlet, 5 or 6 lubricant shops (wisely on my scooter, else I would have cried for the petrol burned). None have stock. Is it such a difficult thing to get ? Looks like even that has to be ordered from amazon or ebay .
Old 20th August 2009, 15:42   #313
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, have you tried filling system G ? I am giving up my search for it, almost covered 2 HP pumps, 2 IOC pumps, 1 BP outlet, 5 or 6 lubricant shops (wisely on my scooter, else I would have cried for the petrol burned). None have stock. Is it such a difficult thing to get ? Looks like even that has to be ordered from amazon or ebay .

Yeah, always makes sense to have those dusters, i even saw a couple of them in SPAR. maybe you should go check it out, not sure about the quality though!

Dad filled her up in a BP somewhere in malleshwaram last week, they did'nt have System-G either but claimed their premium petrol comes with this additive! it cost him around 3 rs extra per litre for the premium!!
Old 20th August 2009, 17:35   #314
Senior - BHPian

Atlasttttt, the side strips have been fitted !!! I am sure the chrome lined strips would look great compared to the simple body coloured ones that I chose. Anyway this is enough for my needs. Now the remaining things in the list are;

1. Collect the 21mm allen key driver from the tire shop as it comes
2. Search other places for System G, the 'out of stock' liquid everywhere
3. Wait for the car duster to reach from ebay

I will be set for a long drive probably by tomorow. It should be Nandi hills as already done by Raamki (what is the best time of the day Raamki ?). I think it is around 140 kms up and down from my place. Busy weekends ahead, completely reserved for Fiesta feel.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:15   #315
Senior - BHPian

congratulations. let's have some photos!!!!!!!!11
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks