Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 14:19   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The door unlock position unlocks the petrol cap too in my model......I don't have an aux in socket.
Door unlocking connected to the petrol tank lid sounds very unsafe to me. What if you forget to lock the car ? Anyone can open the petrol tank and rob ! In my case, I open and close the doors atleast a 100 times before I pull the petrol tank lid for another full-tank ! Thats just an average, meant to say its that rare we use that tank lever (may be once in 500 kms ?).

About the Aux-in socket, its a simple work of 10 mts at any audio guy. That socket might cost Rs.10/- and half a meter of wiring from the HU. I have checked the FM transmittor in my previous car when my co-brother had bought a new Nokia phone with this feature. Its very clear.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:30   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Door unlocking connected to the petrol tank lid sounds very unsafe to me. What if you forget to lock the car ? Anyone can open the petrol tank and rob ! In my case, I open and close the doors atleast a 100 times before I pull the petrol tank lid for another full-tank ! Thats just an average, meant to say its that rare we use that tank lever (may be once in 500 kms ?).
Well, if there is a potential thief who finds the doors unlocked, then all he needs to do is pull that lever to open your tank! This apart, there are better things to steal from a car which is unlocked, don't you think?
Old 27th August 2009, 15:55   #363
Senior - BHPian

let me reach home, scan a copy of the manual and post the page here that says that, doors of any Fiesta, if kept open for 45 seconds without the key inside the ignition, will lock on their own. This applies even to the fuel filler cap.

Ill scan some More interesting stuff of this kind and post on my thread later today. Cheers!
Old 27th August 2009, 16:04   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
let me reach home, scan a copy of the manual and post the page here that says that, doors of any Fiesta, if kept open for 45 seconds without the key inside the ignition, will lock on their own. This applies even to the fuel filler cap.

Ill scan some More interesting stuff of this kind and post on my thread later today. Cheers!
Its the same on my Ikon as well. However, the time limit here is 30 secs, IIRC. I am not sure if this is a feature of the car itself, or the Autocop Cobra i have installed.

@Shaju : I agree with vnabhi's statement above. An unlocked car presents a thief with more valuable things to target rather than fuel.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:54   #365
BHPian

Hi
thanks Shaju for starting this thread, i have been following it religiously as i too am planning on a 1.6Zxi. I was planning for "Brush Steel" but have found it has been discontinued along with "Thunder".
Would anyone know if Ford is planning any new colors. The sales person (Syed) i am dealing with from Metro has informed me there are no new colors. The Website still shows the Brush steel and Thunder but noting new.

Is anyone aware if new colors are being launched and if so when.
If none then i would be mostly going for the Platinum and joining Ramki and the others

thanks all
Go Fida
Old 27th August 2009, 18:28   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
there are better things to steal from a car which is unlocked, don't you think?
Other than the stock HU (its printed 'security coded' on it), what else can be removed ? A thief who is not familiar with the car systems might find it tough to remove a stock 2 DIN unit than an after-market Pioneer or Sony etc. If someone searches my car, he might get only an umbrella that costs Rs.100/-, may be an LED torch too that costs Rs.50/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
if kept open for 45 seconds without the key inside the ignition, will lock on their own. This applies even to the fuel filler cap.
I purposely waited for 3 mts last weekend to see if the car will lock itself, but didnt happen. I closed all doors, removed the key and stood outside. Went through the whole manual, there is no mention on what to do if it doesnt auto-lock. Please do the same and see if it applies to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I am not sure if this is a feature of the car itself, or the Autocop Cobra i have installed.
Autocop has this auto locking option. Once I remember helping my neighbour to break the rear door window open, because his 1 year old kid was locked with the keys inside, away from home.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:08   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I was planning for "Brush Steel" but have found it has been discontinued along with "Thunder".
Brush steel and Thunder were very nice colours. I didnt know it was no more available. No wonder I am finding too many Morellos on the road now. If Morello was not available, I would have chosen Thunder by all means. Those who prefer very light shades, Platinum (golden) and Silver are the best options. Platinum or Silver done up with black leather interior would look rocking.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:16   #368
Senior - BHPian

Shajufx. if you alight from the car and forget to lock the doors, it wont lock after 45 seconds. But if you unlock the car with the remote and do not open any door for 45 seconds, it locks up---I've observed this several times, and it is also in the manual.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:27   #369
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to find out many basics of the Fiesta. Thats a nice auto-lock feature if the unlock button is pressed by mistake. My above comment was exactly what you mentioned, getting out and waiting to get it auto-locked. And it never happend. Thanks for clearing the doubt.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:59   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Ashish, as far as I understand 12 V power outlet is standard in all variants of Fiesta. The Aux-in also is part of the standard feature except the EXI (basic) variant. You can easily spot it in pictures with the black knob/button '12V' written in white (previous page here I have posted the Aux-in photo, you can find the 12 v knob in that). You may not require a cigar lighter if your need is charging mobile, but getting the car charger will suffice. I have a car charger unit for the digital camera, but not yet checked if it works in the car.
thanks for the input Shajufx. i re-checked with the dealer and he confirmed that cigar ligher is not required for mobile charging. Fiesta has a in-built 12V power outlet (which you highlighted) that can be used for mobile charging. So i cancelled the cigar lighter and saved Rs. 500 .

i instead opted for a spoiler with LED, which costed Rs. 500 more !!!
Old 28th August 2009, 13:34   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
i instead opted for a spoiler with LED, which costed Rs. 500 more !!!
Hey thats something nobody might understand here. Tell us more about it. A spoiler costs 8k at the dealer. So how much you are getting it for ?

My DIY project

I just thought of saving some money on the neck pad thingy and did this at home. Costed nothing as I found couple of 9 inch X 9 inch cushions in the house. I resized it to 9 inch X 5.5 inch with an elastic strap behind. Filling is synthetic cotton. Similar looking neck pad is costing US$15 in some shopping sites. Dead Pedal is another project pending .
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 28th August 2009 at 13:36.
Old 29th August 2009, 01:17   #372
BHPian

Quote:

My DIY project

I just thought of saving some money on the neck pad thingy and did this at home. Costed nothing as I found couple of 9 inch X 9 inch cushions in the house. I resized it to 9 inch X 5.5 inch with an elastic strap behind. Filling is synthetic cotton. Similar looking neck pad is costing US$15 in some shopping sites. Dead Pedal is another project pending.
Attachment 181438
shaju, WOW!! you did that?? some talent, my friend!! am thinking, those cute pillows will go very well with my platinum, so how about just giving them away to me??

SHAJU Home-Made Car Accessories - will be a killer hit on ebay, think about it!!

btw, congratulations on the Jopasu!! could'nt get a change to comment earlier in the week, work!!!!

Last edited by raamki : 29th August 2009 at 01:19.
Old 29th August 2009, 10:55   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Now here is how a FIESTA can change your hairstyle and lifestyle ! Its not a paintjob, but REAL.
Attachment 179769

Lookin' good brother-both you and the car-welcome to the Ford Fiesta family.
Old 29th August 2009, 11:02   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
those cute pillows will go very well with my platinum, so how about just giving them away to me??
Thanks for the compliment and No Thanks for the request. Hey I am giving ideas to you guys. You have to pay for the ideas, isnt it ? But I am giving it FREEE ! After using the neck pad today, I realised, I need to open it and stuff more synthetic cotton into it. Its not big enough for my neck. Hope I dont have a medium size pillow stuck in that place when you meet me in real !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
Lookin' good brother-both you and the car-welcome to the Ford Fiesta family.
Thank you so much, compliments are taken with higher gratitude. ThumpsUp !
Old 29th August 2009, 13:17   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thats something nobody might understand here. Tell us more about it. A spoiler costs 8k at the dealer. So how much you are getting it for ?

My DIY project

I just thought of saving some money on the neck pad thingy and did this at home. Costed nothing as I found couple of 9 inch X 9 inch cushions in the house. I resized it to 9 inch X 5.5 inch with an elastic strap behind. Filling is synthetic cotton. Similar looking neck pad is costing US$15 in some shopping sites. Dead Pedal is another project pending .
Attachment 181438
hey shaju,

the spoiler with LED is a free acessory being offered by the dealer...

nice cushions !!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed