Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 07:34   #406
BHPian

Now that Ford has come out with a limited edition Fiesta TDCi for 6.43 Lacs we would see a lot more Fiesta threads popping up. With an onroad price of around 7.2 Lacs I think it is the best VFM diesel car.

Also there was another add in the Hindu wherein MRF has launched a racing car which uses the famous 1.6 Duratec engine, guess what it has been tuned to provide a whopping 160 Bhp. Wow imagine if we had that engine, forget about the mileage but the sheer driving pleasure...... This may be unrelated topic but just wanted to share the excitement with Fiesta mates
Old 7th September 2009, 13:39   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If a relay is not required, why is it so expensive? AFAIK, the setup including the relay would cost just about Rs.900/- or so!
I have no clue about the pricing part, yet to cross check with other places. I remember I had paid Rs.1200 for the Philips crystalvision in my previous car (stock watts itself). So price part will be justified only after cross checking. I feel good that I am patiently waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Now that Ford has come out with a limited edition Fiesta TDCi for 6.43 Lacs we would see a lot more Fiesta threads popping up. With an onroad price of around 7.2 Lacs I think it is the best VFM diesel car.
Yes there was a colourful AD in the TOI bangalore too. It sounds good, similar to the Delhi offers that happend 2 months back.

Few Updates

I finished my neck pad DIY project with the standard sizing and plush filling. Now it meets all the purpose. Its sofa fabric and synthetic cotton, all searched and found from home, so no expenses.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-nrest1.jpg

How many Fiesta owners want to wash their cars like this ? Dont get me wrong, the car in the picture is a Fiesta 1.6 Morello . Sorry Franky, Raamki, and all others, its a Morello that belongs to a T cut man in Bangy !!
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-man.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 7th September 2009 at 13:42.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:37   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If a relay is not required, why is it so expensive? AFAIK, the setup including the relay would cost just about Rs.900/- or so!
Oh another thing I forgot while replying earlier, Rs.1200 is the cost of 1 pair of H1 100 watts and 1 pair of H7 80 watts, so total 4 bulbs. In that case does the price sound high ? I checked with few other shops too, nobody has a stock for fiesta upgrades, wondering why !! May be very few maniacs like me upgrade the stock bulbs . I remember buying a Philips twister CFL lamp for the house paying around Rs.250 per piece.

Last edited by shajufx : 7th September 2009 at 18:39.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:41   #409
Senior - BHPian

Shaju. I shall wait for you to upgrade. I find the dipped beam HIGHLY insufficient, though the normal low beam is pretty awesome. But.... I would change all 4 bulbs if I am changing 2!
Old 7th September 2009, 18:46   #410
Senior - BHPian

I thought you are upgrading to Xenons !! Looks like we have not much choice other than Philips 100/80 or the OSRAM nightbreaker which is stock watts itself. Sad part is, we have nobody to comment about it as a user-based opinion. I would love the white lights, but so far no luck in the 100/90 range.
Old 7th September 2009, 23:00   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post

Also there was another add in the Hindu wherein MRF has launched a racing car which uses the famous 1.6 Duratec engine, guess what it has been tuned to provide a whopping 160 Bhp. Wow imagine if we had that engine, forget about the mileage but the sheer driving pleasure...... This may be unrelated topic but just wanted to share the excitement with Fiesta mates
You can imagine what could my reaction on reading updates on "Limited Edition"

I visited Ford website and checked what is the exact offer and I was sure that it will be for EXI model but wanted to get it confirmed so I called dealer late night & he confirmed that this offer is specific to EXI model and I should not feel bad that I not able to encash this offer because he said the interiors
are not upto mark as compared to ZXI/SXI model.

Ford roughly reduced price by 60K on EXI model as there is lot of uncleared stock which want to get rid of it.

Hope with this updates new customers who recently purchased or booked the Ford car will get bit relief!
Old 7th September 2009, 23:53   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
How many Fiesta owners want to wash their cars like this ? Dont get me wrong, the car in the picture is a Fiesta 1.6 Morello . Sorry Franky, Raamki, and all others, its a Morello that belongs to a T cut man in Bangy !!
It's a MORELLO that only gets dusted by Jopasu!! now now, you've got me there with the Kalki pic and all but am sure there is a HOT actress who drives around in a PLATINUM Josh machine, somewhere!!

lol, just kidding!! btw, you are now team-bhp's official neck pillow maker!! use a light shade fabric with team-bhp embroidered on it and we have a hot cake!!

anyway, where did you pick up SystemG from?
Old 8th September 2009, 12:39   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
am sure there is a HOT actress who drives around in a PLATINUM Josh machine, somewhere!!
I pray and hope there is someone somewhere, probably with an HSRP and Garware ICECOOL on front and Redsoul parking sensors at rear !! LOL

Quote:
you are now team-bhp's official neck pillow maker!! use a light shade fabric with team-bhp embroidered on it and we have a hot cake!! anyway, where did you pick up SystemG from?
Its my pleasure if someone wants to get it done at my place. This time I did it in a professional manner, sketching the shape on a thick paper, drawing it on the fabric and fitting the elastic and final closing with the stitches all inside ! Any bulk orders here ?

I thought of light shade fabric, but you know it wont even remain for a week, gets dirty too fast. I have seen people using very dirty neck pads, because its tough to wash, as there is no removable cover on it. To get the team-bhp title, my machine is not capable of doing that. May be we can get it written somewhere outside and do the rest at home. Good ideas, I will check the possibilities in the next attempt.

SystemG is available at India Garage Petrol station infront of Metro, St.Marks road. My DTE was showing 300 kms in the morning, so I added 30 ml of systemG into the tank (assuming 30 ltrs in stock). Its a convenient bottle with a measuring mechanism on top. You open the bottle and press, it will push 10 ml to the top of the bottle through the tube inside (small seperated portion with a 10 ml capacity). Shape of the bottle is in such a way that you can easily fill it into the tank, 10 ml at a time.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-sysg.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 21:04   #414
Senior - BHPian

Head lights Upgrade

I have done my homework and finalised on the Philips Rally 100/80 for the headlight upgrade. Got the following items from A K Traders, J C Road, who are wholesale dealers of spares, specially Philips.

1) Philips Essential Power (Rally) H1 100 watts = Rs.280 a pair
2) Philips Essential Power (Rally) H7 80 watts = Rs.500 a pair
3) Roots Relay = Rs.120
4) Roots Wiring Harness = Rs.460
------------------------------------------
Grand Total (12.5% included) = Rs.1360
=================================

I had a price quote from one of the known shops near Garuda Mall, Rs.1200 only for 2 pairs of H1 and H7. The shop guy also insisted not to go for Relay as Fiesta already has relay built-in. I thank my stars not to heed to that advise, I would have goofed up my electric system !

But luckily I felt like talking to the Metro service engineer. He said the stock relay is meant for a maximum of 65 watts, nothing more. Although Ford doesnt support bulb upgrades to higher watts, he suggested me to be on the safer side and get seperate relay that can handle the 100/80 watt. Ford service guys are not allowed to do such upgrades, therefore, I have no choice but to find an experienced electrician who will do it for me.

I have got the numbers of 2 electricians who are dependable, but cross-checking if there is someone who is familiar with Fiesta wiring. I am sure the Rally bulbs will be a blessing when I am stuck between high-beamers on highways, although night driving is only on unavoidable situations. For city driving, low beam of 80 watts will do more than its job.

Will update as soon as I do the installation in 2 days. Pic taken on mobile, sorry for lower quality image. Suggestions or tips on installation, if any, welcome !
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-hl-1.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 21:15   #415
Senior - BHPian

Good boy. You will get a STAR for that homework.
But shaju, I am still not of the opinion to get an aftermarket relay installed in the Ford Fiesta, considering Ford's policies on electrical upgrades!
Old 8th September 2009, 21:55   #416
Senior - BHPian

Frank, what other options do we have ? Almost NIL. If we think about the warranty related things, we can do nothing on the car. My purpose is safeguarding the electricals to the best way possible. If the service guys dig into each part upgraded, total car will be void of any warranty right from tires, alloys, bulbs etc. Will they pay anything if I kill someone on the road due to poor lighting ? Hell NO. Just being practical.

Last edited by shajufx : 8th September 2009 at 21:56.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:00   #417
Senior - BHPian

I have to give that to you mate. I will FIRST find a competent electrician, and then get this thing done.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:59   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Frank, what other options do we have ? Almost NIL. If we think about the warranty related things, we can do nothing on the car. My purpose is safeguarding the electricals to the best way possible. If the service guys dig into each part upgraded, total car will be void of any warranty right from tires, alloys, bulbs etc. Will they pay anything if I kill someone on the road due to poor lighting ? Hell NO. Just being practical.
Wierd Idea, here's the link to Bosch authorized car service centres in Bangalore.

Bosch - Karnataka

Maybe they will do a flawless job on the electricals, give them a call!!

@frankie, they have dedicated auto electrical shops in Bombay, couldnt find any in Bangalore, here's your link:

Bosch - MAHARASHTRA

Last edited by raamki : 8th September 2009 at 23:03.
Old 8th September 2009, 23:00   #419
Senior - BHPian

They will charge a lot!! I think Bosch service is the outrageously priced company. LOL. I will also go and try to request my A.S.S. to do this for me in the first service!
Old 8th September 2009, 23:46   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
They will charge a lot!! I think Bosch service is the outrageously priced company. LOL. I will also go and try to request my A.S.S. to do this for me in the first service!
lol, okay!! was just thinking of giving them a shot the next time around for our santro!! my last 2 service bills with Trident & Advaith Hyundai in the past 1 year has run upto 10k!!

anyway, 1 more month and i'd have the fiesta for my use!! Dad's happy driving the santro!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed