Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 00:42   #421
BHPian

Hi Shaju the prices for the bulbs and relay and the harness is fine,I had it changed in my Fiesta 2 years back and you can feel the difference as regarding warranty till date no problems and will be finishing my 4yrs warranty this December.

P.S One more thing regarding the wiring harness the sockets don't fit into the headlight assembly so you need a stock socket try procuring it from somewhere,well this was 2yrs back so check on it.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:29   #422
Senior - BHPian

Thanks fellow brothern for the inputs. I found an electrician who knows his work and one who is familiar with different cars. Its none other than Anand who does all the electrical works for our dear member Pavan Kadam on his VWs. I took the car and bulbs for his comment, he is against Roots, claiming it would have issues after a while. Now the plan is to manually install the ceramic holders, wiring harness and a better quality Relay for the 100/80 bulbs, a 4 hours job according to him.

Roots wiring harness which is with me will not fit for Fiesta. The shop guys gave the kit for common bulbs like H4 etc. It has 3 sockets, our Fiesta H1 and H7 bulbs need only 2 sockets each. Shop has different wiring harness for H1 and H7 bulbs, but I dont think I will buy them. Returning Roots tomorow and getting a refund as agreed on phone.

Right now, I have no confusions on the installation. Give the car with new bulbs anytime, relay and wiring kit materials are in stock with the electrician, he will do the work in 4 hours. I might get it done tomorow morning.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:14   #423
BHPian

Vnabhi Sir,

Looks like you have been using the FM transmitter for quite some time now. I have tried a couple of FM transmitters and have not had success. My problem is with disturbance in traffic signals. The noise is so bad that I have given up using them in City limits.

Do you have the same problem.

Shaju,

I did a search on your thread and was not sure if you have fixed your Garware Icekool windshield film. Are you liking it and how much did it cost you.

BTW your neck pad looks cool, I bought one in Kuala lampur, the quality is good and it cost me Rs 90. Not sure why Ford is charging so much for a simple accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Shaju----nice to know that the Fiesta has aux in now on the stock ICE---I'd blasted Ford India for printing misleading info in their manual---the stock ICE till 2008 did not have aux in despite the manual mentioning about it. They apologized immediately and also pulled up the salseman for his ignorance.
But at a volume level of 15 to 20, it is almost equal to the volume I set for my FM transmitter. I too prefer to use CDs for quality sound.

BTW, the haircut suits a 1.6 S more----just kidding
Old 9th September 2009, 13:57   #424
Senior - BHPian

Shaju what I suggest is install separate wiring harness that you purchased from JC Road. But get double ensure about relay ratings. It should be more than 200 watts. (100w + 100 w).

Extra wiring harness can be fit additionally and you can remove when you want. You can remove harness prior to giving service and switch back to old configuration. Do not remove stock relay just keep it as its. Keep your original bulbs intact at safe place at home. No need to worry.

I doubt about the BOSCH relay price. Only Rs 120 ??? When I asked it was coming around 350 - 400 Rupees. Verify the originality of parts.

If you wish you can fit ceramic holders, but I am also using 90/100 in my car and harness holder is intact.

PLEASE DO NOT FIT ANY HIGH WATTAGE BULBS IN STOCK RELAY. I CAN SEE MANY PEOPLE HERE ADVISING YOU.

Last edited by anujmishra : 9th September 2009 at 14:00.
Old 9th September 2009, 15:02   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I did a search on your thread and was not sure if you have fixed your Garware Icekool windshield film.
I have a plan for Garware Icecool, not yet done. Raamki has done it, you can contact him for details. He had posted a cost of 2500 in his thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
install separate wiring harness that you purchased from JC Road. But get double ensure about relay ratings. It should be more than 200 watts. (100w + 100 w)
Present plan is to get it manually set by my electrician. He keeps a higher quality relay with him ( Max 200 watts). Hope thats enough for the purpose. As I mentioned above, he is totally against the quality of Roots. So I am no more using the JC road product. I will make sure the electrician uses quality wires.

Quote:
You can remove harness prior to giving service and switch back to old configuration.
Infact, I have no plans to replace the stocks just for service. Let them think or say whatever they want. I know quite few people in Ford already, so I dont think they will make an issue out of these things. Will they ?

Quote:
I doubt about the BOSCH relay price. Only Rs 120 ??? When I asked it was coming around 350 - 400 Rupees. Verify the originality of parts.
It was ROOTS, not bosch. Price printed on the pack is only Rs.157 but was billed for Rs.120. Now the relay and wiring harness will be refunded, so no worries about originality . Btw, the cost of relay which electrician keeps is Rs.280 per piece.

I will be fitting ceramic holders for sure, and no chance taking without relay and wiring harness. I already spoke to the Ford service engineer and confirmed the requirement of relay for 100/80 bulbs.

Last edited by shajufx : 9th September 2009 at 15:07.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:01   #426
Senior - BHPian

Headlights Upgraded to 100/80 !

So, the Headlight upgrade project is DONE. Here is the cost details;

Philips Rally H1 1 pair and H7 1 pair (100 watts & 80 watts) = 780
Ceramic Holders 4 Nos = 240
Relays 2 Nos = 560
Wiring = 100
Labour = 300
-----------------------------------
Grand Total = 1980
===========================

Total cost came to be more than estimated, because of the extra relay and added labour cost. Initially I was thinking of single relay and a Rs.100 labour, but the whole bumper had to be removed, therefore tinker was called for the purpose. Relays are fitted on both sides seperating left and right. So 1 relay will handle only 100 watts at the maximum (high beam), as both low and high never comes ON together. Its the safest method as suggested by the electrician. I find this guy very sincere to his work and claims to have upgraded bulbs on Civics, Icons and few Corollas. Our member Pavan Kadam does all his VW works at this guy. Total fittings were done in 2 hours. I will check the difference tonite and update.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:33   #427
BHPian

Nice to know that you have upgraded your lights, I think yours is the first detailed post on the Fiesta lights upgrade. We look forward to your final assessment.

The labour seems to quite reasonable for the job. Which brand of Relay did you buy. If you have some snaps, pls upload them.

Labour and parts are expensive in Chennai, maybe I should drive down to Bangalore, meet my friends/Team bhpians and upgrade the lights, install the windshield film.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:58   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Which brand of Relay did you buy. If you have some snaps, pls upload them.
Relay is a local brand, but claimed to be much higher quality than Roots. Price difference is huge too, Roots relay is Rs.150, relay fitted in my car costs Rs.280 per piece. Ceramic holders are of PMP. Wires are from Finolex. I dont have pics of installation, but will try clicking low and high beam at night.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:14   #429
BHPian

super stuff!! congrats on the new pair of vision!!
Old 11th September 2009, 11:47   #430
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raamki, may be you can comment about the stock head lights after your trip to Vellore. Mine is now 100/80, I find it like a perfect lighting for highways. Taking it around my area gave me an impression about the difference last night. Highbeam is very powerful (100 watts), I can have an idea of atleast 100 meters ahead in a straight road. I might require the highbeam ONLY on highways, never on city roads as lowbeam (80 watts) can handle the city, except for blowing the breath out of highbeamer cabbies. Now I feel like I have upgraded from candle lights to CFLs on my ride. And feels confident going out in the night too !
Old 11th September 2009, 18:05   #431
BHPian

@shajufx: I've heard that Ford India is quick to invalidate warranties at the drop of a hat. Is changing of the bulbs n relays subject to that as well..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks Raamki, may be you can comment about the stock head lights after your trip to Vellore. Mine is now 100/80, I find it like a perfect lighting for highways. Taking it around my area gave me an impression about the difference last night. Highbeam is very powerful (100 watts), I can have an idea of atleast 100 meters ahead in a straight road. I might require the highbeam ONLY on highways, never on city roads as lowbeam (80 watts) can handle the city, except for blowing the breath out of highbeamer cabbies. Now I feel like I have upgraded from candle lights to CFLs on my ride. And feels confident going out in the night too !
Old 11th September 2009, 19:23   #432
Senior - BHPian

It could be not if we are lucky. In my case, I was least bothered about the warranty part, when my life is at risk with the stock lights on a highway. I would prefer to lose the warranty and have a brighter light than risking few lives in the run. I can give you the exact feedback from Ford as a policy only at my first service which is due end of October !
Old 11th September 2009, 23:30   #433
BHPian

Shajufx, now you have added one more upgradation in my list, Fiesta stock headlight to 100/80 headlight. You are right, better to risk warranty than risking own and others lives, my 80% traveling is on highway and I think I'll need it badly when I'm traveling on highway.

Thanks.

Last edited by rajeshvin : 11th September 2009 at 23:31. Reason: spell check
Old 12th September 2009, 23:16   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
well, yeah i feel the highbeam on the fiesta is'nt anywhere close to how our tavera used to light up the road with it's headlight/fog lamps combo but i find it satisfactory, INMO it's good enough for city drives but definitely needs an upgrade for night drives on the highways!!

but given the present road conditions in bangalore, thanks to our dear metro project and our very friendly bbmp workers who believe in leaving the manholes open after work, the powerful the headlights, the better!!
Old 12th September 2009, 23:41   #435

Hi Shaju
I have been an avid reader of this thread and bought my Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi in late June, around the time you started this thread. It is a paprika red Fiesta and I have enjoyed every moment of driving that car over the last 2.5 months.

Will start a seperate thread and update the whole story till now. By the way, has tyre noise dropped since you upgraded them? The tyre noise is one factor that I am not very happy with in the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks