Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 19:57   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
Thank you.

@Shajufx - Count me in on the meets please
@Premjit - Its The Blue
@raamki - I live in 'North by North East' of B'lore, but might seek your help during PDI, considering you stay so close!
@govinda: Its a blue. Woweeeee. Thats just the icing on the cake. Enjoy it dude.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:59   #452
BHPian

GoFida Govinda, congrats on a great car. I remember my waiting period, sleepless nights, its a test of ones patience.

Congrats again

Go Fida
Old 15th September 2009, 20:07   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Count me in on the meets please
..... I live in 'North by North East' of B'lore
We will plan something. Four are waiting for delivery now, lets wait for them to join the club. According to me North is Delhi and North East is Assam, so which part of India are you staying ?
Old 15th September 2009, 21:34   #454
Senior - BHPian

GOVINDA, GOVINDA, GOVINDA!!!!!!!
Congrats!
Old 15th September 2009, 21:54   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Now the eager wait for the Delivery begins.

Congratulations Govinda!
Welcome to team who desperately waiting to take delivery of JOSH Machine
Old 21st September 2009, 16:26   #456
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, the Kerala trip that was planned from 19th to 23rd got postponed to 2nd October due to fever and cough brought home by the elder kid. Everyone in the family is doing the 3rd round of cold in 1 month, thanks to the climate fluctuations in Bangalore. Unexpected rains, chilling nights, drizzles and sun, sweating noon hour, I think the climate is taking a swing almost every now and then, to top it all we have the H1N1 virus in collaboration with Dengue and few other killer viruses flying in the air !

Fiesta was literally sleeping in the basement for last 7 days. Another 10 days waiting to hit the highways and cross 2 state boarders ! The excitement is at the peak. By the way, I counted 12 Fiestas on New BEL road in 20 mts yesterday. Thats usually a rare count. Only 2 were the new face-lifted ones. When I did a 560 kms drive on NH4 beginning of this month, I never saw a Fiesta, but only an Icon in the whole trip. Makes me think of the number of Fiestas in the city.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:42   #457
Senior - BHPian

Shaju,

Dont talk about the cold! 2 weeks and counting. Brought home by daughter, then to wife and now daughter is fine, both of us are recovering!

And yes, again thanks to the climate! :(
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:38   #458
BHPian

VIN Decoding

Fellow Ford owners:

Am I correct in understandung that 9C, in the VIN, stands for 2009 September?

P.S. : She has reached the city! And will wait for us till the 27th of Sept.
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:52   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Ford owners:

Am I correct in understandung that 9C, in the VIN, stands for 2009 September?

P.S. : She has reached the city! And will wait for us till the 27th of Sept.
Please ignore the above request.

Upon further searching tbhp, i found a couple of posts by raamki and shajufx clarifying the Ford VIN. 9C does seem to stand for 2009 Sep.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:01   #460
Senior - BHPian

Update after System-G usage

Somehow I got a reading of 12.80 kmpl mileage on full-tank auto-cut off filling from IOC twice, within the ODO reading of 50 km to 1000 km. System G was started from 1000 km on ODO. Now the ODO is at 1140. Another full tank was done today and mileage is gone down to 11 kmpl.

Its infact not a happy improvement. I have another 150ml System G in the bottle, I might not continue using it once its finished. A long drive is planned on 2nd October which should cover around 1200 km in 3 days, pushing the total ODO to 2400+. That will be the best time to re-check the mileage part again. I will update the systemG after-effect one more time.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:42   #461
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if this calculation makes any sense, but I want to clarify my doubt.

Petrol filled until today = 115 ltrs
Total ODO as of today = 1140 kms
Assuming the full tank capacity is 45 ltrs, I am deducting that to the total filled figure, 115 - 45 = 70 ltrs already used, therefore 1140/70 = 16.28 kmpl !!! Error possibility in this calculation could be minimal on few ltrs of petrol Vs few kms of running. Until the next long drive on highways, I am holding my breath ! SystemG may not have much role in this calculation, because engine has done only 100 kms on that. Suggestions, corrections, tips welcome !
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:01   #462
BHPian

Shaju, you are sure that you have a Petrol under the hood and not the famous 1.4 right.

From what I see looks like you forgot to add another 10 litres.

Trust me 16 is difficult to achieve even in highways. In city anything above 10 is great.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:32   #463
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I forgot to consider the ODO figure of 30 km at the time of delivery from the dealer. So the above calculation is slightly changed to total petrol consumed 70 ltrs and total kms run 1110 kms (deducting the delivery time ODO 30 kms). So now we have 1110/70 = 15.85 kmpl !

Chillout I really doubt if they have assembled my engine with Diesel & Petrol in the 50:50 ratio. Anyway my happiness should last until I cover another 1200 kms within the next 12 days ! Figures above are re-checked with all the fuel bills, there is nothing missing.
Old 27th September 2009, 13:00   #464
BHPian

15.8!! shaju, i definitely have to take a look at the engine under that hood of your morello!!

there was a puja being performed on a blue 's' in Lathangi this morning, my guess is, it is Govinda's vehicle!!

anyway, happy dasara to all you folks!! special wishes to kumar7, rajeshvin and govinda-govinda who drive out in their new cars today!!
Old 27th September 2009, 17:18   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
15.8!! shaju, i definitely have to take a look at the engine under that hood of your morello!!

there was a puja being performed on a blue 's' in Lathangi this morning, my guess is, it is Govinda's vehicle!!

anyway, happy dasara to all you folks!! special wishes to kumar7, rajeshvin and govinda-govinda who drive out in their new cars today!!
Thankyou raamki.

Our 1.6S is home, and she has been named 'Ocean'!

Had done a semi-detailed PDI yesterday (forgot to take the PDI checklist, but had memorized most of it). Took the delivery today between 10:30 AM to 12 PM, along with wife, parents, & in-laws. She is beautiful.

Entirely satisfied with the car and the service (Lathangi Ford, Mr. Atiq).

Going on a long trip tomorrow, to hometown, to get our Ocean registered there. Detailed review and pics will follow in a new thread.

Thanks again to all Ford owners and/or enthusiasts on Team-bhp.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks