Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 20:09   #466
BHPian

Dear All,
First of all, many thanks to Shaju and all the other members who have posted in this thread. After around six months of intense research I have finally booked a Fiesta 1.6 SXI (Morello) from Metro Ford Bangalore last week. I have been following this thread and the other Fiesta threads in this Forum for the past few months when I was in the process of Short-listing. I will create a separate thread to pen down on how I zeroed in on this 'Go Fida' machine after debating between Linea, SX4, Verna, ANHC, i20 and The Beasta.
My heartfelt thanks to all the Fiesta owners in this thread esp. Shaju, Vnabhi, raamki Frankmetha and others for posting all their experiences. It helped me a lot to take an informed decision.
So it is yet another Fiesta attributed to this thread and my wait has begun (well It already looks to be never ending). The D day (D for delivery ) is on 14th October.
I was initially told that it could be delivered by the month end but Metro Ford called me the very next day to tell that it’s impossible to deliver this month and that it could be delivered only after the 12th of October. The reason he tells for this delay is that Ford has stopped production temporarily which i could hardly believe. Anyway I don’t have any other choice but to wait.
I would need a lot of more inputs from T-Bhp on run in, accessories, etc. This thread already has answers to most of my questions though.

Thanks again guys and am eagerly waiting to join the elite Fiesta 1.6 club

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2009 at 22:20. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, avoid copy pasting from external font editors and preview before submitting post. Thanks
Old 28th September 2009, 11:28   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
Our 1.6S is home, and she has been named 'Ocean'!
Congratulations Govinda, now you have a beauty that will keep you busy for many months in a row ! When you get bored of the engine or colour, think about the ICE part. Dont do upgrades all in one shot, you will enjoy that only if you do it part by part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
I have finally booked a Fiesta 1.6 SXI (Morello) from Metro Ford Bangalore last week. The D day is on 14th October.
Wow, thats great to know. Congratulations and welcome to the forum ! I lost the count somewhere in the beginning of september, when it was raining fiestas almost everyday ! I dont think anyone would regret the decision to go for a fiesta, after driving it around for just 10 mts.
================================================== =====

I had taken my car to a very bad stretch of around 2 kms to check the tires, body noise, rattles etc. Luckily there is nothing that I can hear (with the music turned OFF). I must admit from my personal experience that the Fiesta build quality, fit and finish par excellent. Feeling bit more happy because I witnessed irritating rattles in a Skoda that just did 1000 kms on a highway. Now I have a quality to talk about that beats a 13 lak vehicle on road.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:26   #468
BHPian

Shaju, Thanks for your wishes
Quote:
I had taken my car to a very bad stretch of around 2 kms to check the tires, body noise, rattles etc. Luckily there is nothing that I can hear (with the music turned OFF).
Has this got anything to do with your tire upgrades. I am not planning to do any upgrades as of now. But would think about it if you guys say its absolutely neccesary.
Old 28th September 2009, 15:21   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has this got anything to do with your tire upgrades. I am not planning to do any upgrades as of now. But would think about it if you guys say its absolutely neccesary.
When you think about upgrades, its a choice between your extraordinary demands and the budget. Tire upgrade is usually done for a wider grip and a silent run. I know many friends who are running Fiestas for over 2 years with the stock tire itself, without a single complaint. So what you have at hand is a fully loaded car which doesnt require any changes to it, unless you look for specific comforts that are not satisfactory in the stock condition (like tires, music, head lights etc.). And its purely a personal choice too, I might find my wider tires attractive, but not for many who might want to spend that money on something else. So best bet is, drive around for a while in stock condition and find if you actually require some changes, even cross checking with people who have already upgraded different parts.
Old 28th September 2009, 16:39   #470
BHPian

I think someone should start fiesta show off thread. Since its raining fiesta in here. I also feel lot of people in bangalore are buying fiesta compared to other cities. I wonder if vitamin M is a big factor here.

Last edited by frown : 28th September 2009 at 16:40. Reason: typo
Old 28th September 2009, 17:40   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frown View Post
I wonder if vitamin M is a big factor here.
I decided on the car first and then looked for the dealer. So Vitamin M wasn't really a big factor in my case.

@Shaju, After more than a month of ownership, whats your take on Morello. I know that I dont have a choice now but still curious. Has the shine worn away or is it still as good as the showroom finish. I felt it has a violetish look in the sunlight which I particularly dint like. But at most other times it has a brownish black look for which I fell. It might sound crazy but the color really looks varying to me from different angles and differing lights.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:58   #472
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jack (you remind me of the movie Titanic ), its already 2 months ownership as I took the delivery on 23rd July. What you felt about the colour Morello is 100% right. It has different tints during the day itself varying from dark Maroon, dark violet etc (defenitely not brown because thats the chocoloate colour). It gives a dark feel from sunset to early morning. You will love this difference though. In my photographs itself you might find these varying tints.

Now about the fading part, mine is always under covered parking, so I cant find any difference in the colour. It might fade like any other colour if you have a regular day time parking under direct sun. Mine looks like a showroom piece once a good bath is given. I also have the Formula 1 wax in the house, but I dont think I will use it for another 3 months unless I need a full-body workout at leisure !
Old 29th September 2009, 00:33   #473
BHPian

Jack, congratulations my friend!! lovely choice of color for the SXI, INMO the chrome 'burst' goes very well on dark colors!! i saw a morello sxi during the time of our delivery, i thought it looked smoking hot!!

they stopped manufacturing? strange, why would they do that? thoughts anybody? or maybe it's for the morello? Shaju had to wait quite a bit himself, you might want to cross-verify that info with Lathangi, just in case!

But am glad they set the correct expectation on the waiting bit. that's one thing they did not do at all in Shaju's case!

Last edited by raamki : 29th September 2009 at 00:34.
Old 29th September 2009, 01:00   #474
BHPian

Quote:
But would think about it if you guys say its absolutely neccesary.
Most fiesta's driven by t-bhp are running on Michelins (the one's bought in the last 2 months atleast), except a very few! Kumar7 & OSS were lucky to get Bridgestone as stocks thanks to the lockout at MRF, i guess they eventually switched to Michelin's anyway. So, its completely a personal choice, INMO Michelin XM1+ are currently the best tires a fiesta can run on if you're looking at a super comfortable ride!! but again, its NOT absolutely necessary, its an upgrade and it comes at a price which is why am holding off on switching until i've burnt some rubber!

but, am seriously considering switching to Alloys. may have a new set of rims very soon!! ask me, and i'd say 'Alloys' are absolutely necessary because they are safer to run tubeless tires on, apart from making a 'statement' on the road!! Your Morello will come with the alloys, anyway!! that's one of the additions on the new SXI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frown View Post
I think someone should start fiesta show off thread. Since its raining fiesta in here. I also feel lot of people in bangalore are buying fiesta compared to other cities. I wonder if vitamin M is a big factor here.
buddy, we already have one!! frankie created one for us!! LOL, it's either Vitamin M or L, bangalorean's don't have any other choice!! but tell you what pal, we pay the highest when it comes to road tax, right? which means an entry level fiesta, say a 1.6 exi in other cities cost approx 30k cheaper? which makes it the only sedan in the 6 lac category!! if that's not VALUE FOR MONEY, what is?

Last edited by raamki : 29th September 2009 at 01:06.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:31   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
we already have one!! frankie created one for us!!
I doubt if that one still exists. Somehow I couldnt find the link after so many searches. I myself had posted something on that thread for sure. May be we were not mature enough to group Fiesta owners yet !
Old 29th September 2009, 12:43   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
INMO the chrome 'burst' goes very well on dark colors!! i saw a morello sxi during the time of our delivery, i thought it looked smoking hot!!
Thanks Raamki. Actually I had the same opinion. I decided on sxi over zxi because I felt that it is better to have air bags as it adds to the safety. Maybe, its not really neccesary in India but you dont really know when its absence will be regretted. And I also wanted to have alloys on my car. Though sxi's alloys arent looking the best, I feel its still a good overall package.
Regarding color, once it was decided that its an sxi, I made up my mind that it has to be a dark color. Black and Morello were the only options. I liked black more but parents werent for it due to known reasons. So morello was the next choice.
Quote:
i saw a morello sxi during the time of our delivery
Yes, I saw the pic as well in your thread and was impressed immediately.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:19   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I saw the pic as well in your thread and was impressed immediately.
That was an interesting way of chosing the Morello !! I had explained how I chose Morello somewhere in this thread. I was against light colours (as previous cars were either white or silver). So the method I found good was observing the fiestas on road. In my 3 week long observation, I ended up counting over 2 dozens of Blacks and Whites (whites were mostly Govt vehicles) but not a single Morello except 1 ICON on road. So decision was easy. I thought it was an exclusive colour and rare on road.

To my shock, I counted 3 Morellos on road on my delivery day itself. Then half a dozen in the next 2 days. I had gone to the RTO for collecting few papers of the previous car, ALAS there I find another 2 Morellos waiting for inspection. Even then, its not everyday that you spot a Morello Fiesta on road.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:07   #478
BHPian

Shaju, How much did you pay for the tires. After reading all feedbacks and reviews, I am now seriously thinking of upgrading to Michelin Energy XM1. You said that you spent around 22000 including the alloys. But since my sxi will come with alloys, I want to know the price of Tire alone.

Also, can I get this done from Metro Ford itself or would you guys suggest me to get it done from an exclusive tire dealer.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:05   #479
BHPian

@Jack - the price for Michelin Energy 185/65 R14 or 175/65 R14 is around 3500/- per tyre. You would need to check how much you would get for the stock set (arpox rs 1500/- was the quote i got per tyre)
I say check with Metro if they can do the change and see how much they would charge you.
I have not yet changed the stock set yet on my Zxi. Waiting to do an alloy/tyre upgrade later on.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:31   #480
Senior - BHPian

Jack, I got a deal from my tire dealer (Michelin Energy XM1+ 185/65 R14) for 3650 per tire. Stock tires he took back for 1700 per piece. So my upgrade was giving all the 5 stock tires and getting 5 XM1+, end result I spent only 9750 for 5 tires. I did everything from New BEL road as that is close to my house.

I really doubt if Metro deals with Michelin ! Check it with them and dont forget to compare prices I quoted above. Dealers are always known for killing rates !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed