Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 11:09   #61
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, while i personally like the looks of the i20, i feel it makes sense for you to wait and see what developments turn up on the Fiesta. It may turn out that waiting turned out to be a boon for you.

The waiting phase will for sure drive anyone nuts, but considering how long you waited so far, some more waiting can be tolerated.

IIRC, you did finalize on the Fiesta after a lot of looking around.

That aside, did you check out what Metro Ford had to say about availability?
Old 6th July 2009, 13:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ben, your words are wisdom at this time point. Somehow I felt talking to the sales manager at Metro after reading your post. Here comes the usual sales guys funda of luring potential customers with fake promises.

My sales guy painted a fancy picture of the whole affair. He told 10 days delivery to get his sales target. Sales Manager was shocked to hear what I was promised. According to him, a booking that is done after 20th of the month will get delivered to the showroom only from 15th of next month. That itself is over 2 weeks from plant to stockyard. Then the RTO and other formalities, usually the process takes an average of 20 days by any chance.

Another point is the booking amount made. I was asked to pay only 25000 for booking and the rest after the car reaches the stockyard. Thats another rubbish sales talk (which I got) to please the customer. The booking order is never placed to the plant unless a decent downpayment is done by the customer. I was never informed. Mine is not finance, so I could have made 50% at the time of booking itself, but again sales guy to be blamed.

Now the promise from the sales manager: "I can get the car to you as a special case before 23rd for sure, sorry for getting misinformed". I am sure the sales chap might be on fire now. If he had told me 25 days at the time of booking, I would not have felt anything bad. Afterall its the waiting for something you have shortlisted through too many methods. And its going to be with you for another 5 years atleast !

Information is gold, ill-information is frustration and hope against hope. I am just trying to gather my scattered thoughts together and refresh my booking !
Old 6th July 2009, 15:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

This is when you should write to the higher ups of Ford India using the email id i posted earlier. At least you will get a better picture.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Yes I just shot an email to that address. Lets see if that can make a difference. Frankly I wanted the car with me by 17th July 2009, which is my wife's birthday. Thats the only reason I booked on 24th of June itself (24 days ahead of 17th July). Now the committed time by the sales manager is 23rd maximum. I want to know if my email can make any difference. May be thats 1 in a 10000s for them.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

The waiting is always a killing, specially when it comes to something that you love to own or have. It took me 3 months to decide on a car. My initial budget was just 5.5 lak and it got stretched to 7.2 following my heart without hesitation. Now this longing for, dying for period is a pure test of patience.

Within this period many friends and relatives asked me why I chose a car that is already on the road for over 4 years, when there are plenty of newly launched hatchbacks and sedans around to chose from. My answer is simple:

By no chance I wanted to go crossing 7.5 on road. What do you get as a complete package for that money in India ? Sadly when it comes to performance, driving comfort, reliability, proven track record and a decent looking sedan, Indians are left with less choices ! Yes thats the truth. I remember my days buying a brand new Toyota Corolla for just 4 laks (Muscat). So, when you pay anything above that figure in India, it really hurts !

Frankly, I could not find any other sedan that could give me value for money as equal as a Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI (remember the engine is same for all variants, only thing what is missing from the highest variant =SXI= is the leather seat and airbags. From the price difference I could very well get a decent alloy and wider rubber including a leather treatment for the interiors whenever I wanted.

Now its another 10 days count-down. The waiting is a killing !

Last edited by shajufx : 13th July 2009 at 12:09.
Old 13th July 2009, 13:24   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Frankly, I could not find any other sedan that could give me value for money as equal as a Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI (remember the engine is same for all variants, only thing what is missing from the highest variant =SXI= is the leather seat and airbags. From the price difference I could very well get a decent alloy and wider rubber including a leather treatment for the interiors whenever I wanted.

Now its another 10 days count-down. The waiting is a killing !
I totally agree with what you've mentioned above. And as for setting your initial budget at 5.5 lakhs, we managed to stretch our budget from 3 lakhs to 5.5 lakhs, at which we bought our Ikon.

I sincerely hope you get your car before the date you so wished for i.e. 17th July. It was a similar experience for me as well. My wife insisted we book the car on my birthday, and since we were in no real hurry asked for the delivery a week later, or whenever they could manage it. Ofcourse, we had the liberty of time on our hands, which is now become a tightrope for you.

Will be looking forward to the celebrations.
Old 13th July 2009, 13:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I sincerely hope you get your car before the date you so wished for i.e. 17th July.
That looks like a distant dream in all its senses. Having only 3 days left for that, I really doubt if that can be practical !

I had a dream last week, Ford MD is coming to my home on 17th July morning with my Morello ZXI accompanied by the sales manager of Metro on an Endy. They gave a huge birthday cake of strawberry and a boquet of red roses to my wife ! We were about to cut the cake.....damn my 3 year old boy kicked my back and I just woke up to drink water !

Hearing of this dream in the morning, my wife was telling, 'we could get them atleast 4 more fiesta customers within a month if that happened'. Because some of the family and friends are hunting for an upgrade. And I wish the Ford MD is reading these lines !!!
Old 13th July 2009, 14:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

That was a good dream, dude! Hope it comes true.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:53   #69
BHPian

Hpoe that your wish come true. If it does then I will book a Fiesta in the very next day. Metro ford hubli had the good sense to bring a 1.6S from bangalore to here for the test drive. That has created a good impression.
My dream is that ford is launching a new Sxi with steering mounted controls, blue and me and alloy wheels.( these exist in the fiesta hatchback in UK). Will it realise?
Old 14th July 2009, 11:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Even I heard of the changes that will appear on SXI version, but so far no clue on the details. If they implement ABS and Airbags on all versions, that itself will be a great VFM considering the ever-exciting engine and the reliability of this beauty. If they ask me any feed-back, I would suggest leather seats, steering controls, blue and me and alloy wheels right from ZXI. Infact all the cars in the 6+ range should have all these as standard !
Old 15th July 2009, 19:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Another 7 days to go
The waiting is getting into my nerves. No backup car for even family needs ! Its drizzling around and getting mucky all over. Somehow my 3 year old is enjoying being on a honda activa than in a sedan. Offcourse I dont allow him to move an inch inside a car, being hooked on a seat belt, and his head doesnt reach the windows to see things around. So, for him, going out is a celebration on a scooter.

I hope and pray, Ford doesnt change words, after making me wait for 30 days for a car that is on Indian roads for 4 years !! I can understand people waiting for i20 or Punto, but why for something thats already around for a good time ?
Old 15th July 2009, 19:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thats a bloody long waiting period. Was wondering why you didnt change the thread title.
You can get a 4x4 Safari VX /GX/EX within 10-15 days. What re Ford!
Old 15th July 2009, 19:48   #73
Senior - BHPian

There are delivery woes for the SX4 and Swift too--you can see posts on this forum. So relax, you are not alone!
Hope your dream comes true.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Dasappan chetta, ha ha you are pouring oil into my already burning heart ! I know this waiting is not justified, but somehow I fell in love with this engine so much that I could not see anything else infront of me. I am a die-hard fan of SUVs. CRV is my alltime favourite. But in India, it doesnt justify the cost. My friend in US is driving a brand new Ford Escape for lesser price.

vnabhi sirji, I heard Swift is not even available for display at many dealerships through some threads. Hyundai had promised me Verna in 10 days. I dont know if that also was a sales-talk.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

you have only one dealer there?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks