Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 14:38   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
......It all depends on your needs and what best suits it....IMHO don't sell the Fiesta and i agree with Kirshs and Mustangs advice.
Rajesh, I dont think any Fiesta owner will suggest a sell by any chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Think about the love you gave it, The ICE setup, the lights, the seats etc.......Just seeing my cars parked together on the front yard of my house gives me enough satisfaction on a day even when i am not driving them.
You make me emotional now, oh God I am not asking about a divorce...LOL !!!!!
Yea, even I would love to see my cars parked together, watch them and enjoy it in my courtyard, but I have not reached a stage I can even own a yard !!
Old 24th March 2011, 15:17   #932
BHPian

Re: A real confused state !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I dont know if this is the thread to express my doubt or ask for opinions. But let me post my mind, if found in-appropriate, Mods please do the needful.

My Fiesta is doing fantastic, but the usage has come down a lot this year. I always have the urge to drive around this beauty, but no reason to burn petrol unless I have more than 2 in the car. I am the only person to drive, as wifee decided not to hurt this beauty any more after the left door replacement due to her misjudgment of the dimensions. I avoid night drives as I am night blind even though Fiesta is replaced with 80/100 bulbs. My eye strain has increased due to too many hours of non-stop gazing at the PC screen as part of work. Weekend long drives have come down as I got new family friends who own diesel 7 seaters.

Considering all the above situations, I find a small car in the category of Alto or i10 to fit the bill. Wifee will restart driving, which will meet all the basic weekend stuff. I can feel relieved of the painful thought that Fiesta is always sleeping in the covered garage. So, should I sell my Fiesta and be happy with all the beautiful drives it has already given me in this short time ? Its not a distress decision, but a drastic decrease in the usage.

To avoid any confusion: My motive of buying the Fiesta was fulfilling my wish of driving a sedan in India. Now there are many more wishes to be taken care of before the day comes when I start regretting about my 'bucket list'
Don't sell it buddy..
I have done only 2000kms in last 8months in my Palio S10.
I do not even allow my dad to take this car.Luckily we have an petrol Indica which takes care of the commuting duties..
Consider the depreciation you get while selling the fiesta..
And also if possible buy a cheap used AT car for your wife rather than selling this..
Old 24th March 2011, 17:21   #933
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents:

Keep the Fiesta, use it as and when you want.

Buy your wife a used Alto or WagonR. You'll find driving an Alto really crappy after the Fiesta.

You may like to know that my Fiesta has done only 25500 kms in 4 years owing to my long trips abroad and work from home facility. I enjoy the car to the hilt even today.

I also use my WagonR when it is not used for more than a week by my family.

P.S. --i also have my Brother-in-law's Alto with me for the past 8 months, and have driven it ONLY ONCE. I don't enjoy it at all. My son uses it once a week to go to his college 25 kms away.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2011, 17:51   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
......You'll find driving an Alto really crappy after the Fiesta.....
Yes I experienced it when we required 3 cars for a function in January. I got my neighbor's Alto to pick up food from a hotel and I had a tough time driving just 3 kms and back. I do most of the turns with one hand on our Fiesta, whereas I had to literally use my full strength to make turns on the Alto, to my bad luck it did not have power steering too, bumper to bumper traffic make it all the more painful !

Anyway selling plans are on hold as of now, main thing is the pain of leaving this beauty. No car sub 10 lakh can equal to the driving comfort a Fiesta provides as of today. Its not just quoting from reviews or user opinions, its the fact many people have confirmed after cross checking different brands.
Old 25th March 2011, 07:37   #935
BHPian

Shaju,

I love my Fiesta, but I am more or less in the same state of mind as yours. I recently bought a Wagon R for my dad and I have ended up using it most of the time, in terms of comfort it is no where near the Fiesta, but with the traffic getting worse, it makes a lot of sense to take a small car within the city, also with the cost of petrol sky rocketing I have not been using my Fiesta regularly.

Finally it all comes to take a practical decision and if I were you, going by all the reasons that you have stated, I would for sure sell my car and settle may be for a smaller diesel car

I know its a tough decision, to part something that you love so much, but at times u cannot help
Old 25th March 2011, 12:02   #936
Senior - BHPian

Shaju,

I know many have said this but dont think about selling your Fiesta just because its running low. The thoughts do come some time thinking about the fuel cost but then think about the wonderful time you had with the car. IMO Fiesta is an enthusiasts car.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:28   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
.....it all comes to take a practical decision and if I were you, going by all the reasons that you have stated, I would for sure sell my car and settle may be for a smaller diesel car...
At last I am happy atleast one person sensed my mind . But one thing you missed, selling a Fiesta due to very low running, going for a Diesel will be another mistake considering the extra money you put on the table to get one. Same calculation I had done while deciding Petrol Fiesta. The extra needed for Diesel Fiesta was enough for my 5 years of Petrol. Beat that !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
....then think about the wonderful time you had with the car. IMO Fiesta is an enthusiasts car.
When we think about the wonderful time we had with our girlfriend, will anyone leave her and marry someone else ? How many of you have married the one you were roaming around with !! Now guys are going to kill me in broad day light

I was thinking, if the question of selling was asked in a Linea thread or Honda thread, everyone would have suggested : Sell Fiesta buy a Linea/Honda...LOL. Fact is: we are all heavily biased to what we own !
Old 31st March 2011, 19:36   #938
Team-BHP Support

Closing this thread for any further discussion. All the best for shajufx and his new purchase. More than 60 pages discussion has loads of issues and tips for Fiesta buyers/owners. So no more discussion but only reading. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks