Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 20:52   #91
BHPian

Navan,
For one off accessories like the wheel cap you may visit GP road, as Haute car zone looks for a "package customer".
Old 20th November 2009, 13:04   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Yes, after one day , I got a call from the service manager to say that he has sent all the pics and a letter to Maruti.
When talking further he said it appears there is a mistake on the part of Maruti in not supplying the car with the promised mirror.
He also says there is only one mirror right now in the Ritz parts list, the standard one, and no other mirror is listed. The Swift has two alternatives in it's parts list, but he says the Swift antiglare mirror is not a proper fit for the Ritz.
He has promised to get back after a few days.
Strange.. thye are not giving what they have mentioned ? Another user, Nikhil also reported the same problem, may be we should advise him to contact maruti too, so that they can realize their fault.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:30   #93
BHPian

anti-glare mirror in Ritz

[quote=del.guy22;1592571.... not giving what they have mentioned ? Another user, Nikhil also reported the same problem, may be we should advise him to contact maruti too, so that they can realize their fault.[/quote]

All Ritz owners, Please call or write to your dealer about this mirror. It appears to be strange that not many have raised this issue. So far as I know, no Ritz cars in Goa have the proper mirror supplied. It irritate me to drive the Ritz at night precisely because of this omission.
So please raise a stink!

Last edited by filcord : 20th November 2009 at 15:32.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:19   #94
ada
BHPian

Well guys bad news. My white beauty got rammed from behind by a stupid rick driver. I had a flattened bumper, broken mud flap (original one). Well that happens. Now here are my learning's from that incident.

It seems that Spectra has two major service centres one in Malad (link road) and the other one in Thane. The cost of new bumper quoted was 2800 in Malad and 1100 in Ghatkopar. All bumpers come in black colour and they are then painted the colour you want. I was warned that the colour might not match perfectly. The cost of painting quoted at both places was 3300 + taxes extra. All in all a 5000 - 6500 expense. My insurer New India is bad (that is a mild word, since I had no choice, as my bank compulsorily had New India), they expect you to spend the money, then you fill umpteen forms and if you are lucky you might get insurance money after a month.

The choice I took and was suggested by many of my friends was, to go to a nearby mechanic, where he would repair the bumper. This guy worked magic and after the job was only done you would not even know from where the bumper was damaged. A very slight difference is there in colour. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures before repair. The cost of repair came out to be 2200 Rs. In India I guess we do not throw away things that easy

Last edited by ada : 24th November 2009 at 21:21.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:34   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
All bumpers come in black colour and they are then painted the colour you want. I was warned that the colour might not match perfectly.
Sorry to hear about your accident - but now a days they do match colors perfectly. They call it computerized color matching or something like that. Non matching only comes into picture when the car has been used extensively and the color in the other panels have faded.
Old 24th November 2009, 22:03   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru, Thank You for The suggestion of GP Road but luckily I got it from MSM. Any idea about the alloy wheels can you suggest some good company or brand.

Hi ada,
It is so sad you were banged.Ya it happens in cities. Any how it is great you did it with in Rs2200. You can expect a Cheque from New India for around 40 to 50% of the claim. They do it but slow. It is better to have Maruti insurance which is of New India just we can pay the processing fee of 500 and take the car from service. It was told by dealer and MSM.

Last edited by bblost : 25th November 2009 at 09:00. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:01   #97
ada
BHPian

I have decided that next year when the renewal comes I would go for Maruti Insurance (which is ICICI Pru) and save a lot of headaches. Also an interesting point is that for 3000 Rs if I take insurance I would loose no claim bonus next year. Again a counterpoint to that is you simply move to a new insurer (with a little lie).

The other day myself and my friend were arguing that what's the need of first party third party is good enough. We both have been driving since the last 15 years and in all for minor accidents like mine recently we would not have spent more than 25 thousand. I was in the favour to err on the side of caution. I have heard a lot of horror stories like car getting stolen, car getting bashed through no fault of ours. He was of the opinion drive safely, park safely and nothing too bad will happen.

Last edited by ada : 24th November 2009 at 23:02.
Old 25th November 2009, 07:26   #98
Senior - BHPian

That is true if you claim even arupee also you will loose no claim in the renewal. I think that the lie won't work with the renewal.Here in Chennai the companies are having some system which shows the claim of any insurance company in their renewal So play safe.I don,t know whether third party insurance is there for Car or not.Please confirm with details.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:29   #99
BHPian

Any updates on the anti glare mirror issue? I too have a Ritz and am planning to write to maruti about it. It sure is a problem at night with most people always on high beam.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:43   #100
BHPian

Hi Navan,
You can try Evo Alloys (Imported)at Haute . They cost around 4k per alloy and they have good ranges out there. These are much better than the Neo or Aura's we get in India.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Guru.
How about the Stallion which I found in Maruti Service Masters. Not yet Bought still waiting for the good reference.Should I go for the 5th Wheel or just 4 wheels will do.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:38   #102
BHPian

My friend is a dealer in maruti, and he himself suggested to fit alloys in the market than from MSM, as they are a tad expensive and do not have variety.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Thank you Guru.
How about the Stallion which I found in Maruti Service Masters. Not yet Bought still waiting for the good reference.Should I go for the 5th Wheel or just 4 wheels will do.
i would say try to source from market then from dealer, as dealer would be expensive with lesser varieties and designs.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:25   #104
Team-BHP Support

One question-- and please excuse me if i am repetitive or it has been asked and answered earlier,
does the Ritz have some problems with its ABS?i mean the way it is caliberated? heard it cuts in too early, but this was reported only by ACI and none of the other magazines,
please en light,
thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 17:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Yes, after one day , I got a call from the service manager to say that he has sent all the pics and a letter to Maruti.
=============
He has promised to get back after a few days.
Hey buddy, did the Maruti gys get back with convincing answers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks