Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2009, 20:11   #1
ada
BHPian

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review

So it has been a week since I have been driving Ritz ZXI (petrol). I have completed 300 kms by this time. For perspective my car before Ritz was Maruti Alto, though I have also driven Tata Indica.

Observations --
1) The engine is super smooth, I have to watch tachometer when idling at a signal to avoid double cranking. I do not even know on highways when I touch 100, I have to consciously lift off considering engine run-in.

2) The interior plastics though not beige and colorful are sufficiently good to exude confidence, and sturdiness.

3) Gear shift is excellent, falls in place firmly, you can almost expect to hear a click.

4) Power steering at low speeds is excellent later it hardens, but that is what it is supposed to do, however at higher speeds it is a bit hard.

5) ABS/EBD is something I will have to get used to. In my older ALto I had formed an excellent judgment, which will take some time here, as I feel under both dry and wet this car takes a wee bit longer to stop (the same is explained in the manual).

6)There is a little bit of body roll which is but expected.

7) The boot space is not as small as imagined. It is bigger then Alto, I guess only slightly smaller then swift.

8) The leg space at the rear is excellent, I' am 5'7". With driver seat adjusted, it leaves lots of leg space. The problem is width with three persons sitting, shoulders touching and all.

9) Drive quality is a bit suspect at the rear, it is certainly a huge improvement over Alto, but I do not know, it is not as good as Indica, does suspension settle over time?

Giggles and Niggles --
1)There are nice nooks and crannies to keep your tit-bits. The under seat tray though flimsy is helpful.

2) A pillar is a bit of an obstruction, also the rear view is not as good, have to be very alert while reversing, if still uncomfortable over longer period, will install parktronics.

3) The height is excellent, as high as Innova, this plus the interiors gives you a big car feel.

4) Fog lamps will only come on when headlights are on.
5) I'am in doubt whether the rear view mirror is anti-glare, there is no adjustment lever to it. The guy at the showroom said that it was automatic.

6) Flimsy orange stickers attached to interior door lever (corners already coming out)

Overall I' am very satisfied with my purchase. Though not as flashy or brilliant as the Punto , I' am sure this will be like a faithful companion, rock steady, unwavering and true. The engine and overall ride quality exudes smoothness and a refined experience.

-- Have to wait for the full tank to get empty for average.
-- Will post photos immediately whenever the weather clears and the car is clean.
Old 28th June 2009, 20:33   #2
BHPian

Congrats Dude. Good to know you are one happy customer of Ritz. All the very best with your new love.

Waiting to see the pics. Keep them coming.
Old 28th June 2009, 20:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Eagerly waiting for pictures.

Did you do some water wading. I mean in M800, water above the wheel is taken with ease, is it similar in case of Ritz considering the water lodging on our roads ?

How are electricals and lights, are they sufficient ? How is sound insulation from outside elements ?
Old 28th June 2009, 20:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice review.please post some pics.Im really interested as to how the ehite ccolour looks like.
Old 29th June 2009, 11:00   #5
BHPian

Congrats on your puchase!
The ritz in my opinion is surely a better family car buy than the swift.
Space management in the rear seat is a tad better than the swift.
Also the panel and the consoles look fresh.
Please post pics of your car.
How did you find the music system in the car and did you put any other accessories?
cheers!
Old 29th June 2009, 11:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car! Good to know you are thoroughly satisfied. The sufficient boot space and rear leg room are a pleasant surprise!
Old 29th June 2009, 11:57   #7
ada
BHPian

Thanks all for your best wishes --
@aggo -- In our subway water was logged half a leg below the knee, there was no problem, but in the manual it is written that in case of continuous water level above floor level there could be a problem for air bag sensors.
@schitre -- Other OEM accessories I put were mud flap and floor mats, advantage of zxi I guess. Music system is OK, sound is very poor at high volumes, but then I do not need high vloumes.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:41   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Ritz, Ada! Get those pictures to us ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
The engine is super smooth, I have to watch tachometer when idling at a signal to avoid double cranking. I do not even know on highways when I touch 100, I have to consciously lift off considering engine run-in.
That li'l 1.2 L petrol is the best petrol engine Maruti has built till date. It's pretty much an all-rounder with no real weakness. Refined, nice to revv, good driveability and fuel efficient as well.

Quote:
The boot space is not as small as imagined. It is bigger then Alto, I guess only slightly smaller then swift.
Actually, the Ritz boot at 236 liters is bigger than that of the swift (232 liters) & the Hyundai i10 (225 liters).

Quote:
Drive quality is a bit suspect at the rear, it is certainly a huge improvement over Alto, but I do not know, it is not as good as Indica, does suspension settle over time?
The Ritz is a tall boy and thus, the suspension is set firm. I reported the bumpy / choppy rear end ride in my review as well.

Quote:
I' am sure this will be like a faithful companion, rock steady, unwavering and true.
Sure will. Drive safe.
Old 30th June 2009, 21:09   #9
ada
BHPian

A few pics

Here are a few pics of my Ritz, these are mob shot, promise to upload propah pics later

@GTO -- Thanks for your "safe" wishes.

BTW can any body say what is included in boot space literage.
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-ritz1.jpg  

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-ritz2.jpg  

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-ritz3.jpg  

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-ritz_4.jpg  

Old 30th June 2009, 22:43   #10
BHPian

Nice choice! Post your average mileage. Drive safe.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:25   #11
BHPian

Very nice review. The car looks beautiful. Congratulations.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:33   #12
BHPian

Congrats!!

Hey dude,
Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will have lots of great experiences together. I am also looking out for my car and I hope to find one soon.

The one thing that I noticed when I did a TD was that I couldn't see the turn indicators and others on the dash through the steering wheel (I am 5'11), the steering wheel would obstruct it. But I loved the rev-meter, it was cute and really cool and also the "chillar-tray" (the slot for the coins on the dash).

Have a great time with your babe and drive safely.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice review!!

can we swift owners buy the underseat tray as well? pics please
Old 30th June 2009, 23:49   #14
BHPian

Is the rear seat of Ritz still the same as Swift, which is infamous as perfect park bench.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!! on you new baby.Is the blue finish on the dash is same for all the variants(LXI/LDI)?
Go for a fatter rubber on the same alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks