Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 23:51   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Way to go ! One decision that you wont regret for your life time( of course with .000001 gm of salt about the TATA treatment)

I did testdrive the car for so many kms before deciding for it(even guys at several dealerships were annoyed of my "pls keep your mouth shut treatment") and i did the best research i could do before deciding that included i was sitting in the display car for hours and hours,one thing is sure that is i dont regret it yet till VW offers polo with some yummy engine that day the VW dealer will own my punto and ill own a polo,till then Punto is serving me with pride.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th July 2009 at 23:55.
Old 27th July 2009, 02:06   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I did testdrive the car for so many kms before deciding for it(even guys at several dealerships were annoyed of my "pls keep your mouth shut treatment") and i did the best research i could do before deciding that included i was sitting in the display car for hours and hours,one thing is sure that is i dont regret it yet till VW offers polo with some yummy engine that day the VW dealer will own my punto and ill own a polo,till then Punto is serving me with pride.
I will definitely join the club with you - if the polo comes in with the 1.2 TSI.
Old 27th July 2009, 10:46   #138
BHPian

Quote:

Ive handed over the car to my dad,so no more updates for this month.
Which car did you hand over to your dad?
Old 27th July 2009, 10:52   #139
superveloce

@ .anshuman: firstly congrats on the new car. i think it was a splendid choice. what i wanted to ask you is is there any way i which you can improve on the problem of engine boom at motorway speeds? damping possibly but how much will be the improvement?
also have you decided on a tuning box yet in order cure the lack of outright performance?

Old 28th August 2009, 17:30   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

2800kms update

Just got my Punto back from my dad after a month,the car has done ~2800kms and is just 200kms away from the first check up service at 3k.

The have been no issues so far,it returning me 15-18kpl gurgaon-delhi traffic.The engine feels more willing to rev and the car feels more responsive now,engine feels very refined at low to mid revs(especially after driving Elantra previous gen Diesel).

I got a chance to drive the car on state highways and NH10 in haryana,shorter gearing made sure i was in higher gears most of the time,car pulls cleanly from 1700rpm in fifth but the downside is the shorter gearing with boomy engine at higher revs makes driving at higher speeds annoying.

I have got used to the steering height but it takes times to find the perfect adjustment for seating position.Clutch and brake pedals are placed weirdly and have too much travel requiring to push the driver seat backwards.

Ride is amazing for a car of this price,Punto soaks deepest of potholes with ease.At speeds it is much more stable and composed compared to Swift.

Posting some more Pics i took this afternoon.
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-dsc08097-medium.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-dsc08098-medium.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-dsc08094-medium.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-dsc08096-medium.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-dsc08095-medium.jpg
Old 28th August 2009, 17:46   #141
BHPian

Congrats on your beauty... just wondering how is the A.S.S from TATA going? It was an matter of speculation but looking at the number of FIAT's in this forum, I'm sure TATA/FIAT must be doing a good job.

I was pushing my dad for a ANHC but now I think i'll get him to wait for the Linea (120 bhp)
Old 28th August 2009, 18:00   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got my Punto back from my dad after a month,the car has done ~2800kms and is just 200kms away from the first check up service at 3k.

Posting some more Pics i took this afternoon.
Attachment 181579
Great Pic! The santro etc in the background look archaic in front of the punto. The last time I saw one it was as if time slowed down and there were 'multi-colored refrigerators' zooming all around this piece of art
Old 28th August 2009, 22:04   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Which car did you hand over to your dad?
Was referring to Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
@ .anshuman: firstly congrats on the new car. i think it was a splendid choice. what i wanted to ask you is is there any way i which you can improve on the problem of engine boom at motorway speeds? damping possibly but how much will be the improvement?
also have you decided on a tuning box yet in order cure the lack of outright performance?
Thanks,i am sure engine noise can be cut down by better damping,but lower gearing does spoil the party on highways.Today eve we were doing 120 my friend asked "which gear is it in"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
Congrats on your beauty... just wondering how is the A.S.S from TATA going? It was an matter of speculation but looking at the number of FIAT's in this forum, I'm sure TATA/FIAT must be doing a good job.
Buying experience was fine,did not visit service center yet another 200kms to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Great Pic! The santro etc in the background look archaic in front of the punto. The last time I saw one it was as if time slowed down and there were 'multi-colored refrigerators' zooming all around this piece of art
Yes the design is a work of art,everybody admires it.
Old 28th August 2009, 22:14   #144
Senior - BHPian

Congraulations brother..! The Fiat Punto looks very beautiful in red color.Nice pictures by the way. I too own a Fiat Punto,But it is White in color.I will be waiting for your first service experience.Keep updating..!
Old 1st September 2009, 16:36   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

First Service

My Punto is just back after first check up service@ 3200kms,Got the car serviced at ABS motors, Gurgaon.

The Service experience was good ,the car was delivered back within a hour as i did not get it washed,just the interiors vacuum cleaned.First service is just a checkup service and no consumables were used so i had to pay nothing from my pocket.

The Service center was better than all other tata service centers,the staff though not as professional as Superon Hyundai or Pasco maruti served the purpose.I am not very confident if something goes wrong with my car these guys would not be able to sort it out easily.

OT: Indica and safari owners were very much present fighting for their defective cars.

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st September 2009 at 16:40.
Old 1st September 2009, 17:11   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Punto is just back after first check up service@ 3200kms,Got the car serviced at ABS motors, Gurgaon.
My car is close to it's first service too. I am wondering if I should ask for engine oil change and new oil and air filter. All these three parts are to be changed at the 15,000kms mark! I am not sure if we should wait for the first change of these routine parts for so long.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:01   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
My car is close to it's first service too. I am wondering if I should ask for engine oil change and new oil and air filter. All these three parts are to be changed at the 15,000kms mark! I am not sure if we should wait for the first change of these routine parts for so long.
I confirmed with the service advisor they use Mobil synthetic oil in Punto and Linea so i dont think waiting for 15k for oil change should be a problem.

For the same engine tata suggests normal oil for Vista and same is the case with Maruti for swift and ritz.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:17   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I confirmed with the service advisor they use Mobil synthetic oil in Punto and Linea so i dont think waiting for 15k for oil change should be a problem.
Fiat uses Selenia engine oil.

Selenia Engine Oils.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:57   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Fiat uses Selenia engine oil.

Selenia Engine Oils.
That may vary with the service center, but fiat surely comes filled with selenia.The point i was trying to make was any synthetic oil is good for first 15k.But if you have reservations about it better safe than sorry go ahead with the change,engine oil collects a lot of particles during running in period.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:25   #150
BHPian

Even I had given my car for the first service last week. Even though Service advisor told me it is not required to change the Oil, I specifically told them to change it as the color of the Oil was almost Black in color. They put in 4 liters of Oil. I did not change the filters though. For me there was no problems except for the driver seat going down automatically, for which they told me that they have written to Fiat and so far they have not heard from Fiat regarding it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks