Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 22:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
My car is close to it's first service too. I am wondering if I should ask for engine oil change and new oil and air filter. All these three parts are to be changed at the 15,000kms mark! I am not sure if we should wait for the first change of these routine parts for so long.
I think it would be better of you change the oil during the first service. There would be some metal residue since the engine is new right? Not sure how it is in the modern engines though. Does the Swift/Vista have an oil change during the first service?
Old 1st September 2009, 23:20   #152
BHPian

Just finished reading the entire thread, I am currently a Swift owner but recently took a TD of the GP and was completely floored by the car (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...my-wife-4.html)

You have given me a huge confidence in selling my Swift and buying a GP...oh btw congrats for the new car

Last edited by rajatsingh78 : 1st September 2009 at 23:24.
Old 1st September 2009, 23:46   #153
BHPian

The last time I visited Cargo Motors Ahmedabad- one month back I did enquire about engine oils for Linea and Punto and they conveniently handed me a GTX can which they use for Tata vehicles.

I was aghast, then I had to teach the mechanics there including the works supervisor regarding Selenia engine oils for Fiat. And you know what the oil was lying parcel packed in a corner of their third storey store room. I pray Linea owners in Ahmedabad have escaped from this ignorance of personnel at Cargo Motors.

Nevertheless, I am going ahead with an oil/filter change in my Punto as have just completed 3000KM. For the purpose have ordered a sealed 5Ltr can of Selenia WR from Ahmedabad Cargo Motors as Gandhidham Cargo Motors does not stock it. After using 3.2Lts of the 5Lts will keep the rest for topping up till 15000KM.
Old 30th September 2009, 15:23   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

6000km Update

My Punto has completed 6000+kms now, its serving me well with no issues till date except a rattle traced to some loose plastic part between rear bumper and fender lining, planning to get it sorted out soon.

FE
Its been delivering very good fuel efficiency of 15-19city, 18-22highway almost similar to my previous Swift VDi.

Engine and Performance
As i have mentioned in other threads also the NVH levels have improved quite a lot after running in period, the engine is smoother than it was before. The engine boom in the cabin continues to exist. At lower revs the engine now feels very refined with no engine clatter.

Power delivery is more linear compared to the swift but in the traffic the engine feels very torquey right from 1700rpm and even at close to 1000rpm in higher gears the engine never feels jerky or dies unlike swift. But the bad part is power tails off rapidly after 3000rpm although engine revs till 5000rpm. The best revrange to be in is 1700-3200rpm.

Performance on highways is pretty good helped by lower gearing and responsive engine, i rarely felt any need to downshift at speeds above 70kph.
But the engine boom at speeds above 100kph is quite annoying and constanly reminds of the need for a sixth gear. The short first and second gears along with the narrow powerband of the engine rob the car of outright acceleration and is the very reason for the 17.XXseconds 0-100kph figure. Acceleration in gears is very good otherwise.

Ride and Handling
Ride truly is very absorbing with deepest of the potholes absorbed with ease. It easily is better than Verna,Fiesta and ANHC. Handling again is very good with very good grip levels compared to the Swift but lacks the fun factor of sliding swift.

Aftermarket
Aftermarket 6000k HID lamps are doing their job brilliantly with a very good shade of light.

I just Got Llumar 35% sunfilm installed at side and rear glasses. Ive chosen the greenish black shade, i some how dont like the grayish shades.

I still have not been able to find good mudflaps for the car, The ones offered at Fiat dealerships are very ugly.

I took these pics after sunfilm installation through my phonecam.
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-30092009443.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-28092009439.jpg
Exchanged Swift with Grande Punto EDIT: 15000 kms update-26092009435.jpg
Old 30th September 2009, 16:23   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

@MODS Please add "6000km Update"to the Thread title, Thanks.
Old 8th October 2009, 17:30   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a call from JD power survey, They asked loads of questions regarding the dealership and the delivery experience. I was told they will be conducting a survey on the car itself sometime soon.

I called up the dealership later to get the proof of transfer of ownership for the Swift i exchanged with the Punto, I was told the chap who bought the car has had an accident and he totaled the car, My Swift RIP.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:10   #157
Senior - BHPian

ouch. are you sure there's no hanky panky? There'd still be papers no?
Old 8th October 2009, 18:41   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
ouch. are you sure there's no hanky panky? There'd still be papers no?
I have no reason to be worried, I have a letter from the dealership stating that they've bought my car and have received all the documents and are responsible for everything from the date mentioned.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:01   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have no reason to be worried, I have a letter from the dealership stating that they've bought my car and have received all the documents and are responsible for everything from the date mentioned.
But still, if they want to serve any notice, it will be to the registered owner right? Though you can show the proof that it has been handed over to some other party, its a pain again. I guess there is some clause that says any sale has to be intimated to RTO within some stipulated time frame.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:08   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
But still, if they want to serve any notice, it will be to the registered owner right? Though you can show the proof that it has been handed over to some other party, its a pain again. I guess there is some clause that says any sale has to be intimated to RTO within some stipulated time frame.
Why would anybody serve a notice to me? Ive been told there is no third party involvement.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:29   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
The RTO needs to be informed via registered post regarding the sale, though the time frame in most RTOs it is within 30 days.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:42   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
The RTO needs to be informed via registered post regarding the sale, though the time frame in most RTOs it is within 30 days.
Thank you for your advice guys i am planning to give the dealership a visit tomorrow afternoon and sort this out. Ill get it i writing on a affidavit by either the person who bought the car or the dealership.
Old 9th October 2009, 01:09   #163
Senior - BHPian

Yes boss. In the end of the day, any legal paper = peaceful sleep.

Any letter shetter = lawyers make money to have it proven one way or the other.
Old 9th October 2009, 01:40   #164
Senior - BHPian

That is bad news for sure!

I guess it'd have been registered in the other guy's name. Why would he buy it if it was not?

By the way, feeling weird? I guess I would if my car died. *Sniff*

Do get some letter from the dealers. IIRC they were quite co-operative. Best if you could ask some lawyer pal about what to ask from them.

All the best! Keep us posted.
Old 9th October 2009, 02:24   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
That is bad news for sure!

I guess it'd have been registered in the other guy's name. Why would he buy it if it was not?

By the way, feeling weird? I guess I would if my car died. *Sniff*

Do get some letter from the dealers. IIRC they were quite co-operative. Best if you could ask some lawyer pal about what to ask from them.

All the best! Keep us posted.
Yup i am feeling bad for the my Swift, i kept it with utmost care and she had to take way less abuse than my Elantra and Punto.

Will update tomorrow about the status after i visit the dealership.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks