Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 18:44   #136
Team-BHP Support

Very minor rub happened to the underbelly, but then again it was taken very carefully IN. Modern cars are low and we have to live with them and be more careful. Thats all.

EDIT: in this particular model i thing the front bumper overhang and long wheel base may be the culprit.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th September 2009 at 18:46.
Old 7th September 2009, 19:56   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks guys! am just getting the hang of shooting with longer bazooka's! Thank my stars that ol man was there to guide me or else complete wash out shots would have happened.
Amazing pics sir.
Thanks a ton.
I'm lining up next for the photography classes.
Oh!btw, I have forgotten the location! Hope its the same for u (you know the reason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
Kindly share your experiences and should take this point to Fiat CEO.Nice pictures,kindly tell me if you noticed such problem while taking those wonderful pictures while taking the car on that uneven stony surface.
No sir. Not a problem at all. I have heard some complain about the low GC.However, I am yet to face any such issues.
I have managed to dunk the car in a pit(check prev pages) and yesterday night I managed to fly over a speed breaker @40kmph.Till date I personally do not have anything to complain about the GC.The approach to the location of the photoshoot also included some world-class-only-in-india type roads which all the 3 cars took aplomb.
Old 7th September 2009, 23:45   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Oh!btw, I have forgotten the location!
what location? without you nobody can figure out, but then again it seems like you also have forgotten
Old 8th September 2009, 11:06   #139
BHPian

Pics

Well, finally I got some time to upload the pics here

Let the pictures do the talking while i keep quiet...
Attached Thumbnails
Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03145.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03151.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03152.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03177.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03188.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03192.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03203.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03207.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03210.jpg  

Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD-dsc03224.jpg  

aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 11:34   #140
BHPian

Stunning Pictures Aqualeo.

BTW which location is this? Appreciate if you can write a small travelogue and the Punto's performance during the trip.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:48   #141
BHPian

Superb pics and super location as well. Punto looks brilliant in these shots. Loved the pic of the Amby as well. Whose car is that?
Old 8th September 2009, 12:13   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Stunning Pictures Aqualeo.

BTW which location is this? Appreciate if you can write a small travelogue and the Punto's performance during the trip.
Thanks a ton.
Well as I had mentioned before, I seem to have forgotten the location.But its definitely 15kms from the heart of Bangalore and a few
kms from the suburbs.

The first few pics are shot at our favourite Bangy hangout : Nandi Hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
. Loved the pic of the Amby as well. Whose car is that?
Sacrilege!You dont know the owner of the great masterpiece!!

Well,its owned by none other than one of our esteemed moderators,Rudra.
There were couple more pics of the Amby and Jaggu's Swift.But, I am too too lazy to blur out the numbers and I can't post those pics without the permission of the owners.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:12   #143
Senior - BHPian

@Aqualeo- Which seat covers?
Looks really elegant.
Nice pictures and the rainy weather just makes it perfect.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:13   #144
BHPian

AWESOME pics. Loved 'em all.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:03   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Aqualeo- Which seat covers?
Looks really elegant.
Thanks. I checked the Stanley brochure. Liked a design and then got it done in art-leather from my friend's shop.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:53   #146
BHPian

Nice pics @aqualeo and you seems to be getting a great mileage there.
I did around 1000Km last week which included ghat sections of chickmangalore. But got only around 18kmpl over all with 60-70% AC.
Others: Punto diesel GC is 171mm where as the Punto petrols has 173mm.
Inside banglore I had never scratched the bottom, But had the first hit at Gubbi (tumkur bypass)
Old 18th September 2009, 11:41   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Thanks. I checked the Stanley brochure. Liked a design and then got it done in art-leather from my friend's shop.
@Aqualero2040 - Cool seats man. Is the stanley brochure available online. Tried binging and googling it but no luck. Does your friend take orders for Mumbai customers? Let me know

Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:00   #148
BHPian

Who said Fiat's service is bad!

Ok. Time for a update.

2 Years done since the launch of this car, which also means time for my 3rd service.

Booked a service slot on 21/06 with Prerana Motors at Kudlu Gate (Hosur Road) via their online system.
Immediately got a call confirmation of the booking on 25/06, Saturday.

Friday evening : Got a call from Surendra (SA) from the service stn. He called to check the issues with the car and noted down all the points and details.

My slot was for 9 am on a saturday morning.
Reached the garage at 8.50am. Even before I could park my car, Surendra was already there waiting for me!
He had already noted the points I had mentioned on the call earlier. Pointed out the other issues wrt door beading, and ciggy lighter (not fitting properly). The rear wiper rubber had a incision. I had already procured a rear wiper assembly earlier. Asked him to replace it.
The headlight was a bit low. Asked him to increase the height.

I was informed that since this was my 2nd year service,all the fluids will be replaced i.e. gear oil, coolant et al.

Now, at Prerana, the customer can see his car being serviced from the waiting lounge.
I met another TBhpian and went out for a cup of tea after we handed our cars over. By the time I was back, I could see my car already in the service bay with the engineers working on the mill.

By 11.30, all work has been done on the engine including all filter and fluid replacements.
Car went in for alignment check, parts check, cleaning and polishing after that.
I had the car with me by 1.30pm and with a perfect job done.

Eventhough I had not mentioned the brakes and the front wipers, they were taken care of perfectly. (quite unlike my experience with the Spark at Trident Chevy, where they didnt do the brakes just because I didnt mention it!!).

Took the car out for a spin and boy was it smooth!
With the dynamat on the doors, there's hardly any sound coming into the cabin. It was a bit too quiet. Eerily quiet.
By a coincidence, my Auditor amp packed up (red light and all).
Got Osram nightbreakers installed at the same time.
Rushed back to Satya. Thankfully, the amp is under warranty and will be repaired. But till then, I will have to suffer the deathly silence and the inability of pairing my phone to B&M (no amp, no speakers :().

However, hats off to Team Fiat and Team Prerana for an excellent job done.

P.S : Oh Yes, i was indeed offered refreshments!
Old 28th June 2011, 18:52   #149
BHPian

Re: Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD

Thanks for the update aqualeo2040! Nice to see the update after such a long time. My car would also complete 2 years on July 1st and I will be taking her for service in a week's time by when I would have completed 40k (I have decided to shorten the interval coz I think 15k is too stretched). Nice to see that the service centre was prompt and knowledgeable enough to know that all fluids are required to be changed in addition to the normal service parts. Not many know this whether its the owners or the service centres.

Wish you many more happy miles with the Fiat!
Old 28th June 2011, 20:00   #150
BHPian

Re: Point Made... Bought Grande Punto MJD

Thanks Nitin.

Yeah. Surendra was definitely very helpful. Would definitely recommend him to all Bangaloreans.

To think of it, I had to change the wiper blades for the Spark within a year as it was almost crumbling! Didnt have any such issues with my Fiat.

I did get my ICE upgraded meanwhile. Got a Auditor amp, Focal Polyglas compos and a Cerwin Vega 12" sub as well.
Initially, I wanted to go with a Solid4 amp. However, :( the cheap Auditor performed better with that Blau HU than the Focal!!.

When I went to Evo, there was a JL audio amp on the shelf. But Satya was adamant that he will not put any good amp in my car since that HU will never be able to do any justice. First time in history where a consumer wants to spend more money and the seller refuses . Really appreciate Satya for his honesty and that would keep me going back to him for anything for years to come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks